PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy and Feel Like a Moan? Dump it Here!

M Swanson
27-Feb-13, 23:38
Well, I couldn't find a thread to dump my moan, so raised a new one.

Apparently, I need to update Adobe Flash, in order to watch some clips, but I haven't a clue how to do this and will have to wait until my son comes to tea on Friday. Grrrr! I've fiddled around for an hour, but no progress. I particularly wanted to watch 'Penguins - Spy in the Huddle,' on iPlayer, but I'm not allowed too. Meanies!

Grumpy, cold, tired, two dogs, a cat and duff pooter. Bah!

That feels a bit better. :lol: Any more gripes?

joxville
27-Feb-13, 23:57
My work depot has been taken over by another division which doesn't pay a bonus so I'm going to lose £150 p/m. I don't expect anyone on the dole to have sympathy for me.

golach
28-Feb-13, 00:07
I am very grumpy, got a problem with noise on my telephone line as a result my access to broadband is curtailed, not a happy chappy

annemarie482
28-Feb-13, 00:13
I'm gumpy too, i hate moles, well not so much them, more the 50+ hills in the garden! sick of lifting and raking them.
Phoned rentokil,they want £400 to sort it, regardless if they catch it/them or not!
Humph :(

pat
28-Feb-13, 01:00
Wondering why my terriers have been going mental for past two days near water butt for sheep in next field - realised there was a little pile earth?
Poor things cannot get into field as I have put chicken wire to stop the younger one escaping, went into field and eventually moved the water butt and found a large rat and nest, poured all the water in the butt into the hole to try to get that large rat (wished I hadn't as I couldn't then put in rat poison).
Cleaned the water butt, resited and refilled it - will be putting rat poison well down the hole, filling in with dust from quarry which I find much better than earth or stones as the rats have great difficulty trying to dig through this.
I do not like these long tailed beasties near the house or garden.

squidge
28-Feb-13, 10:54
Its not often I meet truly unpleasant people but our lives are being affected by a truly wicked cruel individual just now and I am struggling to stay positive:(

pig whisperer
28-Feb-13, 11:11
we had a weasel break into our quail pen & kill all 13 it is now trying to get into another pen we have set traps but it ignores them, we dont use poisen. Blasted critturs [polite version

Lingland
28-Feb-13, 12:12
mm. where to start?

shazzap
28-Feb-13, 14:29
Just peeved off in general. Need a good SCRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM MM

macadamia
28-Feb-13, 15:25
I got a slip of paper from our medical centre yesterday. On it was the information that this was for depression screening. Clearly an in-depth probe, as there were two questions. One asked more or less if life was worth living, and the second one asked if I'd been down or depressed in the last month. As you might imagine, there are three answers

a) Yes
b) No
c) Mind your own business

I fell about laughing - "screening" by sending a photocopied slip of paper sounds like going through the motions. It sounds like all these slips will be sent to a regional area depression screening authority office, where it will be turned into computer date by the regional area depression screening authority officers: once this process has been completed, this data will be sent with data from other regions to the National Depression Screening Authority, where the collated data will be sent, after skewing for Scottish peculiarities (climate, dreich, the SNP, bagpipe music), to the National Audit Office, where, once it's been incorporated with the rest of the UK's data, it will appear as a little-read headline in one of the British Medical association's journals. After a few weeks, the Daily Mail will happen upon this article, and, six months after the data was originally collected, a headline will appear -

"DEPRESSION KILLS THOUSANDS - MEDICAL PROOF"

By which time, most of those whom the application of this info might have been useful will have topped themselves. Or not. Or joined circuses as clowns. Or become stand up comedians.

It's enough to do your head in. Luckily, I had a better answer

I just wrote "Happy Bunny!" on my screening form, and sent it back.

ducati
28-Feb-13, 21:09
I was feeling great, until you mentioned bagpipes :mad:

What was it I heard once? The definition of a gentleman, is someone who can play them, but doesn't. :lol:

Lingland
28-Feb-13, 21:30
Do you wish to disclose which medical centre this was. Or are they all at it I wonder.

macadamia
28-Feb-13, 23:58
Because of the need to maintain confidentiality, and because I don't fancy a blunt needle next time I visit, we'll draw a veil over which particular surgery this is. But given that all NHS outlets come under the same Command Structure (common sense and individuality having been declared inappropriate some years ago) I would swear on my late granny's plastic hip joint that this "initiative" is nationwide. Bagpipes, alas, were an original invention of the Arabs, who gave them to the Irish to annoy them. The Irish then gave them to the Scots, as a joke. The Scots have yet to see the joke.

George Brims
01-Mar-13, 02:09
I'm working in an open-plan space with cubicles. Ten feet away is the nerdiest person in California, who has the worst laugh ever. This person laughs when amused, laughs when nervous (and the boss makes her nervous and they're working together), laughs like a jackal when things go right, and laughs nervously when things go wrong. My noise canceling headphones only cut out "white noise" like fans in computers, whirring pumps etc. Voices and laughter get through. I swear I may be up on (very justifiable) homicide charges soon.

emszxr
01-Mar-13, 22:27
getting pretty annoyed at people always taking and giving nothing back. some people seem to think that life owes then everything and they do nothing to make it better or nicer for themselves of people around them.

luskentyre
02-Mar-13, 01:31
Well, I couldn't find a thread to dump my moan, so raised a new one.

Apparently, I need to update Adobe Flash, in order to watch some clips, but I haven't a clue how to do this and will have to wait until my son comes to tea on Friday. Grrrr! I've fiddled around for an hour, but no progress. I particularly wanted to watch 'Penguins - Spy in the Huddle,' on iPlayer, but I'm not allowed too. Meanies!

Grumpy, cold, tired, two dogs, a cat and duff pooter. Bah!

That feels a bit better. :lol: Any more gripes?

Try googling "update Adobe Flash" and click on the first link you find...

M Swanson
02-Mar-13, 10:22
Thank you Luskentyre. My son has now installed Flash and I'm up and running. :cool:

golach
02-Mar-13, 10:31
I am very grumpy, got a problem with noise on my telephone line as a result my access to broadband is curtailed, not a happy chappy

Am a happy Orger now, a very nice BT Engineer fixed my broadband problem

M Swanson
08-Mar-13, 20:39
Well, I've just visited eBay with a view to listing a couple of items and the moment I entered the site and found the words, "new and improved," I knew I'd be in for a hassle. Every time I discover how to work my round the system, it all changes. Don't think I'll bother.

J1985
08-Mar-13, 20:47
I got told i could come view a house with the idea of hopefully moving in asap had deposit all ready was away to book train and get a phone call saying we have changed out mind and are unsure about renting now grrr maby they should think about these things before advertising there propertys and telling people they can view it on the plus side atleast they told me tonight and not tomorow after i tavelled the 200 miles or so to get there

celtchicky
10-Mar-13, 00:44
im fed up with Vodafone