PDA

View Full Version : Hot toddy's

cuddlepop
05-Jan-07, 21:11
Things are desperate have had a crap day, got yet another cold.Have to go and wish little brother Happy New Year but he's in Inverness so the girls have got a shopping trip planned.:~(
A toddy,I think is whats called for so whose got a good recipe?

dirdyweeker
05-Jan-07, 21:26
Sorry to hear this. I've just been given a good anti-cold recipe you might like to try. Consists of ginger (real), clove of garlic, sage, chillies, lemon, all mixed together with green tea and strained. If that doesn't kill all known germs nothing will ;) . You could probably add a seasonal tot.

Here is a suggestion by "Badger" in a previous thread. Might be worth a try.
Hope you feel better soon. Lots of people have been hit by colds/bugs this winter but I have been lucky enough to avoid it.

golach
05-Jan-07, 21:32
cuddlepop, try this
A Large Drambuie or Glayva with hot water, simple and easy to make, and has all the right ingredients i.e Honey and herbs to soothe the throat, and alcohol to make you feel sleepy and warm, mind in moderation only :)

Whitewater
05-Jan-07, 21:34
Lots of dark rum, a table spoon of honey, and a beechams powder in a large glass with as much hot water added as you can stand. It works for me if I feel a cold coming on. Good luck, give it a try.

Errogie
05-Jan-07, 21:57
I would go with most of those combinations.

My own is the old standby of whisky, hot water, lemon and honey or demarra sugar. Fortunately don't have a cold right now but all this talk of warming brews and a miserable January night has definitely inspired creation of the first toddy of 2007.

Why wait to feel ill when there's a nearbye cupboard with remnant contents of a bottle that should be tidied away. Many thanks for the inspiration. It will be attended to forthwith.

sweetpea
05-Jan-07, 23:00
cuddlepop, try this
A Large Drambuie or Glayva with hot water, simple and easy to make, and has all the right ingredients i.e Honey and herbs to soothe the throat, and alcohol to make you feel sleepy and warm, mind in moderation only :)
Sounds fantastic! I don't have a cold but next time I will try this one.

Chobbersjnr
06-Jan-07, 05:05
I would go with most of those combinations.

My own is the old standby of whisky, hot water, lemon and honey or demarra sugar. Fortunately don't have a cold right now but all this talk of warming brews and a miserable January night has definitely inspired creation of the first toddy of 2007.

Why wait to feel ill when there's a nearbye cupboard with remnant contents of a bottle that should be tidied away. Many thanks for the inspiration. It will be attended to forthwith.

lmao

snap, although skipped the sugar when I was suffering the bug & the honey BTW came from none other than CCWS's canuck when she decided to brave the wilds of places like The Town & county Club

brave lady:D

canuck
06-Jan-07, 05:40
lmao

snap, although skipped the sugar when I was suffering the bug & the honey BTW came from none other than CCWS's canuck when she decided to brave the wilds of places like The Town & county Club

brave lady:D

Cjnr, this is how urban myths get started and become doctrinal truths of a new religion. I didn't go anywhere near the Town and Country Club.

Concerning hot toddy recipes, my colleague from Fife was instructing me in this art the other day and I think that he must have attended the same course as Errogie. His directive was equal amounts of hot water, honey and whisky with a dash of lemon juice.

cuddlepop
06-Jan-07, 09:09
Thanks everyone.:D
With all these lovely recipes maybe its not so bad having a cold..pass me the Glava,Drambuie,Whisky,Black Rum ,oh what?
You didn't mean all together:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
06-Jan-07, 09:13
After all of those together you would be guaranteed a good nights sleep.....not so sure about your head the next morning though :confused

Wish
06-Jan-07, 18:13
Awww poor thing Jackie, sorry to hear your under the weather, hope you get better soon, if you can read this after those toddies:D

the charlatans
06-Jan-07, 18:57
Hot Toddy whisky simply has to be Old Pultney.

Errogie
06-Jan-07, 19:44
Just when I thought first footing had come to an end and having a sedate detox bicycle ride around the neighbourhood have been dragged into two houses and given even more firewater. Consequently had to cycle the last mile down the gloomy single track road in total darkness (head torch failed)
and made it home again with memories of offering to be be a cultural guide for the north of Scotland and rashly promised to take a bunch of enthusiastic Aussies up some mountain tomorrow. What have I done! Could be a complete change of career direction. Whopee!

Chobbersjnr
06-Jan-07, 20:22
I didn't go anywhere near the Town and Country Club..

pantomime moment coming on, OH YES YOU DID

Town & County club aka "the Backer"

canuck
06-Jan-07, 22:27
pantomime moment coming on, OH YES YOU DID

Town & County club aka "the Backer"

Really!! Well you see, you learn something everyday! Thanks.