PDA

View Full Version : Poll - What broadband provider do you use in Caithness?

blueivy
05-Jan-07, 21:05
I thought I'd start a poll to see which ISP's people use in Caithness. I'm trying to let us all see what the picture is like up here in Caithness as from a few recent posts it really differs from what is used nationally. Some places in Caithness can't get broadband or have a restricted service.

If you're not from Caithness, please don't vote (as it will only confuse the picture).

Once this is done I'd like to find out whether the same people who voted would recommend their ISP's but that's another poll.

Apologies if your provider is not on here I took a list from a few review/checker sites. If it's not there, post a message below and we can add it to the next poll if there's room.

Poll ends in 14 days.

2little2late
11-Jan-07, 20:31
I think orange is a great ISP. Been very impressed ever since it originated as Freeserve.

DRM
14-Jan-07, 00:12
Freeserve,Wanadoo & Orange are all the same ISP so should Wanadoo and orange not be together in the poll ?

Fran
14-Jan-07, 01:53
I have had no problem with tiscali and they have a very cheap special offer on just now.

Spirit
14-Jan-07, 12:52
Been using Tiscali for several years since leaving BT but have recently been thinking about changing to Sky as they are offering free broadband to their customers.

Billy Boy
14-Jan-07, 13:43
Been using Tiscali for several years since leaving BT but have recently been thinking about changing to Sky as they are offering free broadband to their customers.

the last time i tried to get sky, i was told it was not available in caithness,has that changed recently?

aileenmac
15-Jan-07, 09:10
I have Pipex and have had no problems at all. Very good telephone support and great connection. After trying other providers I will now stick with Pipex.
(sounds like an advert eh?)

blueivy
15-Jan-07, 14:15
Freeserve,Wanadoo & Orange are all the same ISP so should Wanadoo and orange not be together in the poll ?

If nobody is using Wanadoo anymore then they should. As I said at the start of the poll the lists were taken from some ISP review sites and they had both listed so here they.

On the other hand some people are voting for Wanadoo so maybe it still exists in their minds at least and not all customers have been migrated/assimilated (I'm not an Orange/Wanadoo/Freeserve customer)?

Moonboots
16-Jan-07, 20:21
the last time i tried to get sky, i was told it was not available in caithness,has that changed recently?

You can only get Sky Broadband Connect in Caithness yet and costs £17.99 a month with a 40gb cap this is using the ADSL service which BT provides. Sky are upgrading the uk exchanges with their own equipment to provide a cheaper service and can provide upto speeds of 16mb and also a free 2mb service but the exchanges are being upgraded with the most people interested in using their service and this is why the Caithness exchanges will be the last ones to be upgraded and this will not be until the end of 2007.

So the more people show interest in getting the Sky Broadband service then the quicker our exchanges will be upgraded.

Hope you understand what im saying :-)

deviled_egg
18-Jan-07, 11:00
hello everyone,

going on with this broadband provider comparison, has anyone used http://www.moneysupermarket.com/broadband/ ? i found it the other day, put in the postcode and the results look promising. i'm thinking about going with tiscali, but does anyone have any info on either company?