PDA

View Full Version : Its only 11 o'clock

Scunner
25-Feb-13, 12:03
Its only 11 o'clock in the morning and I've already had 3 cold calls - i think I will have to emply someone to answer by phone - and I'm already registered with TPS - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anneoctober
25-Feb-13, 12:08
The TPS is basically crap! I've registered at least three times when I've received "cold calls" and my number is ex-directory???? [evil]

cptdodger
25-Feb-13, 12:40
I'm registered with TPS as well as being ex-directory. The problem I find, is I am continuously getting calls for what I thought was the previous occupier of my house, but after asking what address they had for this person found it was the previous owner of the number who lived elsewhere in Castletown. I get a lot of "international" calls (that's what shows up on the caller display) it is practically impossible to stop them, so I answer the phone and say nothing and wait until they hang up. At one point I was getting 3 -4 of these calls a day, now it is down to maybe once a week. I do'nt know if that works, it might just be coincidence that they are just not phoning my number anyway !

Gronnuck
25-Feb-13, 13:07
Keep a survival whistle by the phone and use it. People will soon stop pestering you.

Green_not_greed
25-Feb-13, 14:19
I've had a similar recent problem with pre-recorded messages. TPS wont stop them, but if you have their phone number or company name you can complain here (link at the bottom)

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/marketing/calls.aspx

Kodiak
25-Feb-13, 14:43
Do what I have done. Phone up your Telephone Company and ask them to Block all callers who withold their Phone Numbers. As most cold callers phone numbers are withelrd then they will Not get through to you. Best this thing I ever did this was.

Mind you there is one small drawback but it is easily overcome. If your Bank or Doctor or other people you know have their number witheld then they too will not be able to phone you. So all you have to do is to inform all companies and friends that you are happy to phone you, to put 1470 infront of your number when they phone you. This will unblock their phone number and not only will they be able to phone you, but you will be able to see who is clling you on your caller display.

Win, win all the way :D