PDA

View Full Version : Looking after their own

EOS
20-Feb-13, 21:12
A Policewoman who killed a motorcylist while using her mobile phone has been let off
scott free

Collette Carpenter | BBB-News (http://bbb-news.com/blog/tag/collette-carpenter/)

MerlinScot
20-Feb-13, 21:22
Awful :( The link doesn't work though EOS, I just googled it and read the article on a blog...

sids
20-Feb-13, 22:14
There's a lesson there.

Don't ride like a fool on your motorbike.

Why do you call her a policewoman, when she wasn't?

Phill
20-Feb-13, 22:34
I don't see who's looking 'after their own'. A very weighted article in the link though.

If the presumption is the coppers looking after fellow coppers I would imagine the reverse would be nearer the truth. A female lesbian special copper isn't going to be pulling many strings, even in this PC world I'm afraid.

pottheed
20-Feb-13, 22:38
She didnt get let off because she was a police officer...If they were going to let her off then surely it would of never made court in the first place??

She got "let off" by a jury.......

Rheghead
20-Feb-13, 22:46
Well in my experience, it is the coppers who just luuurve to get other coppers done. It gives them kudos.

EOS
20-Feb-13, 23:19
[QUOTE=sids;1009090]There's a lesson there.

Don't ride like a fool on your motorbike.

Why do you call her a policewoman, when she wasn't?[/QUOTE

A special constable has the same powers as a full time police officer she herself had charged four motorist's for
the offence of using a mobile when driving.

She pulled out of a juntion and hit the motorcylist.

Before you make a comment find out the fact's,

EOS
20-Feb-13, 23:23
[QUOTE=pottheed;1009097]She didnt get let off because she was a police officer...If they were going to let her off then surely it would of never made court in the first place??

She got "let off" by a jury.......[/QUOTE

Pottheed
You must be living up to your name, it did not even get to court the CPS said she had no case to answer
never mind Potheed how about D---heed.

EOS
21-Feb-13, 00:17
[QUOTE=Phill;1009095]I don't see who's looking 'after their own'. A very weighted article in the link though.

If the presumption is the coppers looking after fellow coppers I would imagine the reverse would be nearer the truth. A female lesbian special copper isn't going to be pulling many strings, even in this PC world I'm afraid.[/QUOTE

No not copper's looking after copper's, it's the CPS that's at fault in this case even if there was no charge for the mobile phone pulling out from a juntion
and colliding with another vechicle is an offence.

Phill
21-Feb-13, 01:57
OK

I accept you now say: "It's the CPS that's at fault".

So, not what you suggested in the original post! A classic case of getting a ticket for the next outrage bus regardless of the facts.

sids
21-Feb-13, 07:44
A special constable has the same powers as a full time police officer she herself had charged four motorist's for
the offence of using a mobile when driving.

She pulled out of a juntion and hit the motorcylist.

Before you make a comment find out the fact's,

What is the relevance of her unpaid "powers," to this accident? People with a chip on their shoulder about cops are a bit of a bore.

The guy on the bike was overtaking lines of cars at a junction, fast enough to wreck the woman's car and kill himself, when he ran into it. Cars do pull out- you've got to allow for it.

EOS
21-Feb-13, 09:07
What is the relevance of her unpaid "powers," to this accident? People with a chip on their shoulder about cops are a bit of a bore.

The guy on the bike was overtaking lines of cars at a junction, fast enough to wreck the woman's car and kill himself, when he ran into it. Cars do pull out- you've got to allow for it.

Was David Bartholomew speeding no, was he doing an illegal maneuver no,
Maybe you could post the link of the accident report
The traffic cop who investigated said she should have been charged
If I have a chip about cops you certainly have one about motorcylists
What did you say in your post( Don't ride like a fool on your motorbike)

I just hope you don't work for Northen constabulary.

sids
21-Feb-13, 13:12
Was David Bartholomew speeding no, was he doing an illegal maneuver no,
Maybe you could post the link of the accident report
The traffic cop who investigated said she should have been charged
If I have a chip about cops you certainly have one about motorcylists
What did you say in your post( Don't ride like a fool on your motorbike)

I just hope you don't work for Northen constabulary.

Did the late Mr Bartholomew die because he was going too slow? No.

Was he overtaking a line of cars at a junction? Yes. Is that safe? No.

Were he alive, would he have been charged with careless driving? Maybe.

Do all motorcyclists have cars pull out of junctions in front of them? Yes. Do we all ram the car? No.

squidge
21-Feb-13, 13:20
Where did it say he was overtaking a line of traffic?

sids
21-Feb-13, 13:26
Where did it say he was overtaking a line of traffic?

Somewhere in some news link.

Do you reckon he wasn't?

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/10227314.Inquest_hears_that_Police_Special_Constab le_was_taking_call_in_car/

Mr Bartholomew was overtaking a number of vehicles and Miss Carpenter was emerging from the Uddens Drive junction on the A31 at 7.15am when the collision took place. She said she did not see 54-year-old Mr Bartholomew until the collision.

squidge
21-Feb-13, 13:36
I found it Sids but the facts seem to be that no one was speeding, that he was overtaking on a stretch of road where overtaking is permitted, that there was good visibility, that he was travelling along a major road and that this lady pulled out of a side road into his path because she didnt see him, that she was talking on her phone, that she lied about this fact. How in the name of anything can you say the motorcyclist was at fault here? How can you surmise that he would have been charged with careless driving? This lady pulled out on a motorcyclist. Given the recommendation of the investigating officers that she should be prosecuted, it is difficult to understand why she is not being held to account for her actions.

sids
21-Feb-13, 13:46
Not speeding? What was the limit? 60? 40?

Overtakinjg at 60 past a junction on a busy road could be careless driving.

But who cares about that, or her telling lies or having violated his right of way. Someone died.

Her pulling out was a mistake. People make them and will always do so. I make mistakes myself.

That's why us road users have to make allowance for people's mistakes. Overtaking lines of cars at a fair old speed (did you see the damaged car) at junctions is not keeping yopurself safe.

focusRS
21-Feb-13, 14:44
sids. Your are a total nob.Never before has a statement on the org been so precise.

Flynn
21-Feb-13, 15:02
Police 'getting away with it'? Shurely not… http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/19/simon-harwood-police-officer-not-guilty

sids
21-Feb-13, 18:20
sids. Your are a total nob.

Never before has a statement on the org been so precise.

My what are a total nob?

ducati
21-Feb-13, 21:54
Never before has a statement on the org been so precise.

No! It should be sids, you're a total nob.

To which I disagree. While the biker should have risk assessed the junction, the pully outy women in almost all circumstances would be prosecuted for causing an accident regardless of the severity. So something stinks.

focusRS
21-Feb-13, 22:02
With all the sarcasm the pair of yeez spout on the org and you didn't pick up on it dripping from my post?
Disappointed but not surprised.

focusRS
21-Feb-13, 22:04
No! It should be sids, you're a total nob.To which I disagree. While the biker should have risk assessed the junction, the pully outy women in almost all circumstances would be prosecuted for causing an accident regardless of the severity. So something stinks.I agree 100%.

sids
21-Feb-13, 22:24
sthe pully outy women in almost all circumstances would be prosecuted for causing an accident regardless of the severity.

Does look like a case that should have been tested in court.

But it's down in England and you know what they're like. They don't even have proper courts.

MerlinScot
21-Feb-13, 22:38
Does look like a case that should have been tested in court.But it's down in England and you know what they're like. They don't even have proper courts.Considering the criminals out there, Scottish ones are no better. See, Scots have something in common with the English ;)

gleeber
21-Feb-13, 22:42
I would like to think that the reason she wasnt put on trial was incompitence by some crown prosecution employ. It was a terrible accident and reminds me how quickly accidents happen from out of nowhere.

sids
21-Feb-13, 22:44
I would like to think that the reason she wasnt put on trial was incompitence by some crown prosecution employ. It was a terrible accident and reminds me how quickly accidents happen from out of nowhere.

I expect they weren't confident of a conviction.

gleeber
21-Feb-13, 22:48
I meant as compared to the cops looking after their own.