PDA

View Full Version : If a top class psychic came to town would you..................

Alice in Blunderland
20-Feb-13, 15:23
Go see if you got anything from it ? :)

Would you have an open mind to this or wold you be in horror at the thought of someone giving you a little insight of what may or may not lie in your path.

the_big_mac
20-Feb-13, 15:35
These posts wind me up, im all for folk believing in what makes them feel comfortable, whether it be an organised religion or whatever, if they feel better in themselves then great. I'll keep my atheism to myself.

But Psychics are not real, there is no such thing, there is no proof, there are only stories of amazing feats of cold reading, and even more amazing levels of denial when readings proved to be unfounded.

They are charlatans that play on peoples emotions to empty their wallets or purses.

If you want to truly open your mind then ask how it is they do it, i mean how they really do it...............

just a quick google of cold reading gives you this - http://www.randi.org/library/coldreading/

If you want to explore even more then read just about anything by Richard Wiseman, Jon Ronson, or dare i suggest it, Derren Brown. You will be truly amazed by the truth.

Serenity
20-Feb-13, 16:04
Go see if you got anything from it ? :)

Would you have an open mind to this or wold you be in horror at the thought of someone giving you a little insight of what may or may not lie in your path.

None of the above. And I agree with the_big_mac. I might be impressed with their hot or cold reading skills but I would never pay for a scam artist.
Maybe if it was someone along the likes of Derren Brown (not saying he claims to be a psychic but best example I can come up with) who admits the techniques he uses I would be more interested but for most of these scam artists, no way.
And it's nothing to do with me not having an open mind, or being horrified about what they might say. In fact the way you phrase the question in such a way instead of asking an open honest question suggests you know some of their tricks yourself.

Edit: Missed my main point of posting. Please define "top class psychic". Is it the one who fools most people, the one who makes up the most outrageous stuff to please their clients, the one who puts on the best show?

MerlinScot
20-Feb-13, 17:33
I would probably ignore the psychic coming to town... Never understood the fascination of some people with knowing the future but..oh well, to each his own I guess....

Alice in Blunderland
20-Feb-13, 17:55
By top class it was just my choice of words the question was posed to open a debate :) It came up in a conversation I had with someone earlier today.

Phill
20-Feb-13, 18:04
I'd pay to see Clinton Baptiste.