PDA

View Full Version : Ikea delivery to Caithness!

YummyMummy
19-Feb-13, 19:21
Just thought I'd share this as I know there are threads from time to time enquiring about Ikea delivery. Had the following message from the Edinburgh store today:

"The cost of delivery to Wick is £90 and we deliver to you every Thursday. If you are using the e-mail ordering service, there will also be a £10 picking and administration charge, bringing the total cost of delivery to £100. This is for up to 75 items".

Right, that'll be me building flat packs from now til the end of the year..............:)

George Brims
19-Feb-13, 20:21
If Ikea had any sense they would open up a branch in Inverness. Mind you I doubt they do. All the branches here in the Los Angeles area are on the East or South of the city. Can't get them to build one out to the NW where we are. The closest one is 50 miles away.

MerlinScot
19-Feb-13, 20:48
If Ikea had any sense they would open up a branch in Inverness.

I think they don't open it because they have some sense.......

Duncansby
20-Feb-13, 14:44
Just thought I'd share this as I know there are threads from time to time enquiring about Ikea delivery. Had the following message from the Edinburgh store today:

"The cost of delivery to Wick is £90 and we deliver to you every Thursday. If you are using the e-mail ordering service, there will also be a £10 picking and administration charge, bringing the total cost of delivery to £100. This is for up to 75 items".

Right, that'll be me building flat packs from now til the end of the year..............:)

Oh is that quite new? I had Macaddie and Reeve deliver a 3 seater sofa, armchair, and 3 door wardrobe from Ikea for about £45 18 months ago! (Plus the picking charge paid direct to Ikea).

secrets in symmetry
24-Feb-13, 03:41
If Ikea had any sense they would open up a branch in Inverness. Mind you I doubt they do. All the branches here in the Los Angeles area are on the East or South of the city. Can't get them to build one out to the NW where we are. The closest one is 50 miles away.Why would they open a branch in Inverness if they don't think opening one in Aberdeen makes commercial sense?

There was an IKEA in Burbank last time I was there....