PDA

View Full Version : Builder for new house wanted!

LPCOGIE
19-Feb-13, 18:25
Can anyone who has recently carried out a new build recommend some local builders please.. thanks in advance!

transit
19-Feb-13, 20:51
i can personaly recommend ian swanson from wick first class brickie and excellant rates will get his number and pm u

2little2late
19-Feb-13, 21:07
Have you tried proper builders from down south?

Moira
19-Feb-13, 22:04

Oh dear, what a slur on the builders in Caithness.

Unless you're prepared to put facts, figures and names behind this post, it would be better if you refrained from posting at all.

Alice in Blunderland
19-Feb-13, 23:00
Oh dear, what a slur on the builders in Caithness.

Unless you're prepared to put facts, figures and names behind this post, it would be better if you refrained from posting at all.

lol Moira and if they were to put facts figures and names behind the post the said builder would be straight on at poor Messrs Fernie to have it removed right away ;)

I built a house not that long ago and wont be giving LPCOGIE a recommendation for the company sorry ............ a warning maybe but it would be in a private message :D

Moira
19-Feb-13, 23:48
Yes, Alice and I can understand that, totally.

I apologise if my previous post was unclear but I don't think anyone here should be sniping at local businesses from the sidelines using a pseudoymn. I meant that the poster should identify themselves along with the details of the local business they have a problem with.

There's no way the owners of this website & forums could verify the truth or tale of every post. :eek:

BRIE
20-Feb-13, 10:26

Nothing like supporting your local businesses!!!
Whats a proper builder???
My husbands in the building trade & has now been to several jobs to finish off or put right where these proper builders from down south have started!!
Personally I would say ask around for recommendations, get quotes & ask to see examples of their work then decided for yourself who you think is better suited to a job.