PDA

View Full Version : Riverside House Care Home - Care Inspectorate Report

secretsquirrel
19-Feb-13, 17:13
Was trawling the internet and seen that Riverside House Care Home had been inspected by the Care Inspectorate in December 2012. The report for this visit does not give a good picture of Riverside House Care Home. The Care Inspectorate scoring:

Quality of Care and Support 2 Weak
Quality of Environment 2 Weak
Quality of Staffing 2 Weak
Quality of Management and Leadership 1 Unsatisfactory

report can be found at : http://www.scswis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=489&bereNextPageId=ServiceDetails_action.php&action=displayService&CaseNumber=CS2003010537

George Brims
19-Feb-13, 20:23
I've commented on this before.
Quality of Report 0 Bollocks.

Oddquine
20-Feb-13, 00:04
Was trawling the internet and seen that Riverside House Care Home had been inspected by the Care Inspectorate in December 2012. The report for this visit does not give a good picture of Riverside House Care Home. The Care Inspectorate scoring:

Quality of Care and Support 2 Weak
Quality of Environment 2 Weak
Quality of Staffing 2 Weak
Quality of Management and Leadership 1 Unsatisfactory

report can be found at : http://www.scswis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=489&bereNextPageId=ServiceDetails_action.php&action=displayService&CaseNumber=CS2003010537

Ach...the Care Commission are just box tickers and care plan readers. They don't give a toss about the quality of support for residents..they care only about quality of paperwork they have a pro-forma crib sheet which has to be checked against the words...not the actions. And given the number of bad places they don't highlight, it just shows box ticking and care plan reading, without actually checking if the care plans are being used as they should be is just another version of easy jobs for the boys!

Thumper
20-Feb-13, 09:36
Surely if they are just box tickers then this report is even more worrying?I am pretty sure they didnt just tick the weak box for fun!x

Oddquine
20-Feb-13, 10:41
Surely if they are just box tickers then this report is even more worrying?I am pretty sure they didnt just tick the weak box for fun!x

That would be on the same pretty sure they didnt just tick the weak box for fun lines as the ATOS box tickers take terminally ill patients off benefits to die without an income..or polls had Labour in Scotland romping home ahead in the 2011 election. It is how the boxes are delineated which is important. Yes/No is not a viable or reasonable response to anything but a very simple and straightforward issue which can be adequately described by Yes or No. For Example.....NO.. care plans are not up to date or written in the preferred style.....box ticked and that care and support area marked down...regardless of the levels of care actually received by the residents.

Having read the report, the complaints/remarks from residents/relatives appear to be mainly concerned with the fact that Riverside is not a purpose-built facility, so the facilities are more limited than they would be in a modern specially built place. Seems to me the only way to sort that out would be to close the place altogether...and the staffing levels are not adequate to give the care they consider necessary. Thing is..first find the staff......it is a problem with the majority of care homes nowadays, hence the numbers of carers coming in from the EU into the health srvices in general, which does not help communication issues either.

Seems to me, particularly in a tight staffing situation, you get perfectly produced and box-ticking care plans, undertaken in an office away from the residents..or you get care. I know which I'd prefer.