PDA

View Full Version : BT Broadband Probs

Garnet
18-Feb-13, 23:53
:( Has anyone been having problems with BT emails (silly question I know) these last 5 or 6 days? I've even gone to the library in the hope I could get any there but they had a problem getting on to the BT site as well so no luck there, HELP!

davem
19-Feb-13, 00:14
No no probs at all in Castletown
So far anyway

Garnet
19-Feb-13, 01:53
Many thanks davem, maybe it is just this side of the water!! lol.

Flynn
19-Feb-13, 08:33
I never use my BT email, instead I use Gmail. The last time I used my bt email address was to register on Caithness.org which - for some peculiar reason unique in all the websites I've ever visited - doesn't allow you to register with your Gmail address.

Kevin Milkins
19-Feb-13, 08:33
My email account has been hacked by someone in India and a dodgy link sent to most people in my address book.

Garnet
19-Feb-13, 13:45
Hi Flynn, thanks for the info, didn't know that about Gmail must look into it.

I'm vexed to hear that Kevin it makes me very nervious, why people need to do this beats me, must have a sad life is all I can say, I hope you've got it all cleared up now.

Liz
19-Feb-13, 19:52
My BT Broadband has been dead, slow or stop this past week. :(

I contacted BT and they said there were no problems and it could be due to interference on my wireless connection and to change the channel on my router.
I can't see it being this though as it has been fine until now and nothing has changed in my set up.

Sorry to hear that Kevin! What a pain in the proverbial!

Flynn
19-Feb-13, 20:30

I'm vexed to hear that Kevin it makes me very nervious, why people need to do this beats me, must have a sad life is all I can say, I hope you've got it all cleared up now.

Yep. Both Gmail and hotmail are 'banned' from use on this forum, see here (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?75067-Blocked-E-mail-Domains). Incredible! :eek:

Garnet
19-Feb-13, 23:24
Ye gads Flynn i'd have gone blind before i'd get halfway through the second page never mind the other two and a quarter ones, I vaigly remember seeing a list when I originaly joined way back in 2006 or thereabouts but not that many pages....must be expanding rapidly...lol. serves me right for forgetting to log on as I became too busy and know even less about 'puters' now than before!!! Oh and still no incoming e-mails, as for 'sent' ones I cant say as nothings come back to tell me they didn't go, what a ho ha, wonder if talk talk is any better? ha, ha, ha.

luskentyre
22-Feb-13, 01:50
Yep. Both Gmail and hotmail are 'banned' from use on this forum, see here (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?75067-Blocked-E-mail-Domains). Incredible! :eek:

It's fairly common to ban the use of gmail and hotmail accounts on internet forums (since they're easily created by spammers). I regularly get attempted registrations on a forum I manage by "users" using gmail accounts, usually from Russia or China. It's not a huge hardship to use the email address you're provided with by your ISP is it?

Flynn
22-Feb-13, 08:22
It's fairly common to ban the use of gmail and hotmail accounts on internet forums (since they're easily created by spammers). I regularly get attempted registrations on a forum I manage by "users" using gmail accounts, usually from Russia or China. It's not a huge hardship to use the email address you're provided with by your ISP is it?

It is if you don't want that email address targeted by spammers, whether that's the fault of the forum or not. I've had the same Gmail address since late 2004. And it is quite uncommon for sites to ban webmail addresses. I've been using the internet since 1997 and currently belong to about fifteen different forums, Caithness.org is the only forum I've ever seen that bans webmail addresses.

Kodiak
22-Feb-13, 15:21

There are quite a few good free sites where you can get a e-mail address, here are a couple of them :-

http://teddymail.zzn.com

http://hotmail.com

Garnet
22-Feb-13, 21:46
Thank-you all for your replies and those two sites Kodiak, might try the teddy one and see how I do! :roll:

secrets in symmetry
23-Feb-13, 02:01
It's fairly common to ban the use of gmail and hotmail accounts on internet forums (since they're easily created by spammers). I regularly get attempted registrations on a forum I manage by "users" using gmail accounts, usually from Russia or China. It's not a huge hardship to use the email address you're provided with by your ISP is it?I don't allow gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc, addresses on my forum for the same reason.

Garnet
25-Feb-13, 19:53
still no joy and still not getting emails so bye bye BT!! [disgust] [disgust] bye ya all.