PDA

View Full Version : Usergroup

dozerboy
04-Jan-07, 13:38
At the risk of upsetting people, I have just been reading the latest updated thread in the usergroup section, which was last posted on 17 hours ago. Almost half of the entire thread is taken up with everybody saying when they can and when they can't manage to be available for a meeting! This is worse than the standard "Committee!" At least committee's manage to get to a meeting - they may take forever to decide anything but at least they meet.

Can you not arrange a conference call or something rather than posting little posts and waiting for everyone to agree or not as to if they are available. This is the age of technology - use it for goodness sake!!

At this rate nothing will ever change on the Org.

I will call you the User Committee now I think - more appropriate.

No offence meant to any of you guys in the user committee, but come on, let's get the finger oot here.......... (yes I know a lot have been away on hols etc)

changilass
04-Jan-07, 13:43
Dozerboy, they had a meeting in the chat last night, so there should be an update soon hopefully

dozerboy
04-Jan-07, 13:45
Dozerboy, they had a meeting in the chat last night, so there should be an update soon hopefully

Ok, my apologies, I was unaware of that - I don't have enough spare to time to watch the Org all day and all evening also.

I shall wait with baited breath........

WeeBurd
04-Jan-07, 16:03
Ok, my apologies, I was unaware of that - I don't have enough spare to time to watch the Org all day and all evening also.

Nor do many of the rest of us, Dozerboy ;) .

Oddquine
04-Jan-07, 16:30
Waiting for all those at the meeting to agree the "minutes" such as they are.....three down, two to go!

Will post asap.

Mr P Cannop
04-Jan-07, 17:31
i agree on the minutes

dozerboy
04-Jan-07, 20:51
o'h well, we are getting there then...... slowly.

Keep it up user committee!!

Oddquine
04-Jan-07, 22:36
Minutes on now.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=178731#post178731

Mr P Cannop
04-Jan-07, 22:52
ok i got them

cuddlepop
04-Jan-07, 22:56
It seems the Usergroup know what the rest of us want.
There's some good suggestions there.I especially like the public warning,at least that way everyone knows whats happening and your not left thinking where is such in such or what did they do.
Well done for your first meeting:D

Ricco
05-Jan-07, 08:25
It seems the Usergroup know what the rest of us want.
There's some good suggestions there.I especially like the public warning,at least that way everyone knows whats happening and your not left thinking where is such in such or what did they do.
Well done for your first meeting:D

And don't forget that we are a sort of think-tank. If you have a suggestion for discussion make sure one of us gets it. ;)

dozerboy
05-Jan-07, 13:43
Ok, read the minutes and the entire thread. A reasonable start but still a lot of difference between the committee and the admins. Should the admins not be invited to at least listen in to the meetings so that if any point is raised that they feel is way off the mark it could be sorted there and then. EG, the acceptance of rules before logging in, the admin doesn't like that idea. Time and affort could have been saved as this could have been quickly mentioned when first brought up.

This is just my own opinion.

I think that any swearing language should result in sinbin straight away for a period of time. Remember anyone with internet access can read any post in any thread at any time. Some young person could read something nasty, and that gives the org a bad rep, and possible further problems. A perfectly good discussion can take place without bad language.

I also agree with admin, that all boards should be moderated.

anyway, good luck with the next meeting, committee...................

Oddquine
05-Jan-07, 16:40
Ok, read the minutes and the entire thread. A reasonable start but still a lot of difference between the committee and the admins. Should the admins not be invited to at least listen in to the meetings so that if any point is raised that they feel is way off the mark it could be sorted there and then. EG, the acceptance of rules before logging in, the admin doesn't like that idea. Time and affort could have been saved as this could have been quickly mentioned when first brought up.

Admin and mods can attend if they want.............but maybe they feel it would inhibit discussion.

I think that any swearing language should result in sinbin straight away for a period of time. Remember anyone with internet access can read any post in any thread at any time. Some young person could read something nasty, and that gives the org a bad rep, and possible further problems. A perfectly good discussion can take place without bad language.

I also agree with admin, that all boards should be moderated.

anyway, good luck with the next meeting, committee...................

Personally, I think that using the words which are blatantly swearing is a deliberate act, and should not simply receive a warning, but using other words like "bloody" is swearing in many peoples' eyes, while I'd guess to most of the population it is now a part of everyday speech....where has the line here been drawn?

I'll be interested to see if "bloody" makes it through! :D

I am now going to make a new post and use all the swearie words I can think of...........to see what is not allowed by previewing my post.;)

And thanks!

That was interesting..............the most obvious ones are there, but there aren't as many as I'd have banned on a forum like this.

So I agree that anyone using the words on the banned list on this forum doesn't get warned.....there is no need to use them at all in public.

changilass
05-Jan-07, 17:01
Its amazing what can get through doing that with the swear words, problem is when someone simply changes one letter for another they then get through. This is the problem we have had in the past. There are times when it is obvious someone is swearing but the system tools don't pick it up.

I tried telling someone that I used to live in Cu mber nauld, but it just came up with a load of squirlies, try it and see lol

changilass
05-Jan-07, 17:04
The system is now making a liar out of me lol, but you can't type cumbernauld in the chat, unless its been changed recently:D

jamieS
05-Jan-07, 17:23
The system is now making a liar out of me lol, but you can't type cumbernauld in the chat, unless its been changed recently:D

Lol changilass, just went into the chat and tried it...you are correct it does mask the first few characters.