PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts go out to Postmen today

golach
14-Feb-13, 10:31
I used to be a postie in the 60's/70's and I hated Feb 14th, and damn boxed Valentine Cards that were to big to go in the letter boxes. Standing at the door banging on it trying to get lazy folk out of their beds. then some tousled head female would say "is there only one?" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr[evil]

Just seen my postie loaded up with them today [disgust]

Phill
14-Feb-13, 10:32
Feeling the Love golach?

Or are yer just grumpy 'cos you ain't had one?

golach
14-Feb-13, 10:38
Refused to buy the cards Phill, my wife understood I loved her every day, as she did me, no need for a card.

mi16
14-Feb-13, 10:41
I used to be a postie in the 60's/70's and I hated Feb 14th, and damn boxed Valentine Cards that were to big to go in the letter boxes. Standing at the door banging on it trying to get lazy folk out of their beds. then some tousled head female would say "is there only one?" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr[evil]

Just seen my postie loaded up with them today [disgust]

In the current economic climate, I am sure the postmen and women are grateful to be in employment.

shazzap
14-Feb-13, 11:01
Refused to buy the cards Phill, my wife understood I loved her every day, as she did me, no need for a card.

Myself and OH, are of the same opinion.

MerlinScot
14-Feb-13, 15:22
Refused to buy the cards Phill, my wife understood I loved her every day, as she did me, no need for a card.My husband understands that too, nevertheless I printed one anyway so didn't burden the postmen lol

It is never enough to hear "I love you" golach! ;) tell your wife you love her today too, it is better than a card ;)