PDA

View Full Version : Electricity supplier

JoSu
13-Feb-13, 23:04
Just wondering who your energy supplier's are for electricity as reviewing them all is like a mine field!! So confusing and conflicting reviews. E-on seems to be the most recommended for our area (Wick) however I just wonder what their customer service is like and are you better with the devil you know, than the devil you don't?? I am currently with Scottish Hydro Domestic Standard plan.

Any recommendations or opinions please....

cuthill
14-Feb-13, 00:56
I was with scottish hydro and found neighbours on a cheaper tarrif,after contacting them they said this was impossible( i saw the neighbours bill) so i am just changing to coop saving £112 a year,hydro phoned yesterday offering me £100 in my bank if i stay with them,NO CHANCE.

cuthill
14-Feb-13, 01:05
Forgot to say i was on the standard domestic tarrif at 13.77 a unit,standing charge of 26.1pence per day.

cazmanian_minx
14-Feb-13, 07:40
Martin Lewis has set up a Cheap Energy Club on the moneysavingexpert.com site. It's free to use - you tell them what tariff you're on and how much your bills are, they find you the cheapest deal currently available and will then email you in the future if a better one comes along.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

It doesn't work for anyone on Scottish Hydro Total Heating Total Control though, as the special meters aren't supported by any other company.