PDA

View Full Version : betsy tinkler

Tom Cornwall
03-Jan-07, 21:09
I see 'Betsy Tinkler' was playing at the Wick New Year street party. who, or what is 'Betsy Tinkler'?
I'm just being ignorant

Foxy
03-Jan-07, 21:17
There name is Betsy twinkler and they are a local band. :)

DarkAngel
03-Jan-07, 21:18
Hehe 'Betsy Tinkler' brilliant!!!:)

guitarzan
03-Jan-07, 21:55
haha betsy tinkler

i'm in the band itself and you'd be surprised about the confusion with the name lol there is a long story behind it tho ;)

hogmanay was great crack and it was a testament to the community that so many folk turned up despite the cold weather and the rain later on so thanks to all who were present and made it such a good night

www.myspace.com/betsytwinkler

Chobbersjnr
03-Jan-07, 22:20
haha betsy tinkler

i'm in the band itself and you'd be surprised about the confusion with the name lol there is a long story behind it tho ;)

hogmanay was great crack and it was a testament to the community that so many folk turned up despite the cold weather and the rain later on so thanks to all who were present and made it such a good night

scollay

www.myspace.com/betsytwinkler (http://www.myspace.com/betsytwinkler)

aha what happened to koalski then??

BTW who did the PA for the gig??

as I know that Camra didn't do it cos I borrowed gear off of him for the Thurso street bash

good on ye's Scollay m'lad & the best o luck

Jeemag_USA
03-Jan-07, 22:55
I had a listen to the songs on myspace, excellent, your right the recordings aren't great but the songs shine through, remind me a lof of the early days of "The Jam" ... great stuff (maybe Chobbers can get you in the studio). Hope you get another bass player, if I was back home I'd help ya out :)

guitarzan
03-Jan-07, 23:39
thanks jeemag - the recordings were done very basically on the PC at home jus for the sake of gettin them down really... thanks for the feedback tho, much appreciated.

cheers chobbers - kowalski kinda died a death really lol its only me an perry left here, the rest of the lads moved onto pastures new so we jus picked up the pieces an carried on!

as for hogmanay, we got a shot of a PA that we use for giggin from a mate in the band Colin and Camra lent us somoe monitors and off we went - was a good ngt in all, a few younger bands played as well... how did the thurso party go?

Chobbersjnr
03-Jan-07, 23:40
I had a listen to the songs on myspace, excellent, your right the recordings aren't great but the songs shine through, remind me a lof of the early days of "The Jam" ... great stuff (maybe Chobbers can get you in the studio). Hope you get another bass player, if I was back home I'd help ya out :)

you still plank spankin' huh..........I believe your marshall & laney are still in use

only time I remember you playing was in the newmarket with Marty & Mark Paterson or was it Karl?? I always get them confused

anyway I'm starting to hi-jack this thread................

Jeemag_USA
04-Jan-07, 00:02
you still plank spankin' huh..........I believe your marshall & laney are still in use

only time I remember you playing was in the newmarket with Marty & Mark Paterson or was it Karl?? I always get them confused

anyway I'm starting to hi-jack this thread................

It was Mark "Patty" Patterson. The band was called "Funkinstein" and all I can remember playing is Superstition and a picture falling on Steven Donn's girlfriends heid! I gave my Marshall and Laney to Magee I think, cannae mind. I am more interested in my electric guitar which has gone missing, I might enlist your services as a detective to find it for me!

I can't believe someone remembers that LOL :lol:

That to date was my one and only gig, but just you wait, I am cookin up someting ;)

Venture
04-Jan-07, 00:11
Am I missing something here but I thought they were called Betsy TWINKLER

George Brims
04-Jan-07, 01:01
Is this Betsy person any relation to Annie Sprinkle?

Chobbersjnr
04-Jan-07, 04:51
It was Mark "Patty" Patterson. The band was called "Funkinstein" and all I can remember playing is Superstition and a picture falling on Steven Donn's girlfriends heid! I gave my Marshall and Laney to Magee I think, cannae mind. I am more interested in my electric guitar which has gone missing, I might enlist your services as a detective to find it for me!

I can't believe someone remembers that LOL :lol:

That to date was my one and only gig, but just you wait, I am cookin up someting ;)

I remember the picture OMIGOD how mental was that

I also remember a version of Tin Pan Alley from SRV going down

Jeemag_USA
04-Jan-07, 13:50
I remember the picture OMIGOD how mental was that

I also remember a version of Tin Pan Alley from SRV going down

Can you remember the name of the Elvis song we did, i have been trying to remember it ever since so I can play it again and I cannae mind, yeah I remember Tin Pan Alley, we played a reggae song marty wrote and two others, can't remember, may have been Handrix's version of Blue Suede Shoes, I love that one too.

DarkAngel
04-Jan-07, 16:13
Am I missing something here but I thought they were called Betsy TWINKLER

Yes they are called Betsy Twinkler but Tom Cornwall made an innocent mistake and thought they were called Betsy TINKLER!!

I thought this was brilliant as its a genuine error!! Made me snigger!! lol