PDA

View Full Version : Are you one

EOS
13-Feb-13, 20:17
Would you sign up to be an organ donor
It's very easy takes a couple of minutes online.

focusRS
13-Feb-13, 20:27
The idea used to repulse me but becoming a father has altered my views on it.
I didn't know you could sign up online so I must get it done.

Connor.
13-Feb-13, 21:51
I'm a donor for several different organs.

I can't quite remember how or when I did it mind you. It's a great thing to do and could save lives.

ducati
13-Feb-13, 23:23
Reminds me of the Monty Python Scetch when they come to take your liver when you are having your tea. :lol:

MerlinScot
13-Feb-13, 23:26
I'm already an organ donor... always hoping they can get something good out of my body after I died LOL

jacko
14-Feb-13, 00:09
done it years ago ...

Dadie
14-Feb-13, 00:41
They can take anything but my eyes(and part of)...as they wish !

pat
14-Feb-13, 11:43
They can have any part of me to reuse - salvage what they can, if it is of some use to anyone else they are very welcome.

changilass
14-Feb-13, 12:00
To be honest, it doesn't matter what I sign, say or want, its next of kin as get to decide.

Its fine to say 'discuss with family', but its a totally different thing when the time comes, family should not even need to be asked the question if you are on the donor list.

Its about time the law was changed, so that if you want to donate, the decision cannot be overruled.

billmoseley
14-Feb-13, 19:00
Did you know you can also register to be a donor online
http://www.organdonationscotland.org/register-now?gclid=CKO70b6wtrUCFRDKtAod-iIA3A

Commore
14-Feb-13, 19:05
I'm a donor for several different organs.

I can't quite remember how or when I did it mind you. It's a great thing to do and could save lives.Me too and for several years now.

George Brims
14-Feb-13, 19:38
I am registered. Here in California it's a question on the form for the driver's licence. If you say "yes" the licence has a wee pink dot. They can have anything they want after I'm dead, but I should get a tattoo across my middle warning them off the liver.

Alrock
14-Feb-13, 21:49
Am thinking about donating my whole body to medical science, that way your whole body is carted off, no funeral expenses for your family to fork out for....
Anybody done it?
How easy was it?

ducati
14-Feb-13, 21:52
Am thinking about donating my whole body to medical science, that way your whole body is carted off, no funeral expenses for your family to fork out for....
Anybody done it?
How easy was it?

Looked into it, you have to pay to get your carcass to Edinburgh. BTW are you asking if anyone currently posting has donated their corps to science? :eek:

cptdodger
14-Feb-13, 22:47
Anybody done it?
How easy was it?

Back in the 80's somebody I used to work with did that, I do'nt know how long it was after, but her children (who were both adults by then) got a phone call and had to collect their mum's remains, and arrange a funeral for her. If memory serves, it was about a year after.

pat
15-Feb-13, 11:46
Yes the body/remains are available a sometime after, whenever the research/scientists have finished with them.

Used to say I would leave my remains for research until I discovered that situation.

Now on organ donor list and have been for many years - at least some time in the future they will not come knocking at dependants doors saying her are the remains dispose of them now at a huge cost to you.

Organ donor - over and done with at time of death and hopefully bits are of some use to anyone who needs them.

Tilly Teckel
15-Feb-13, 12:15
Thought I heard a few years ago that they were changing the donor system so everyone was automatically included unless they opted out by signing a form? Maybe I dreamt it! As for me, they can take what they want and leave the rest out for the bin lorry!