PDA

View Full Version : E-Cigarettes.

Corrie 3
11-Feb-13, 05:15
In a few weeks time a decision will be made on whether the regulations on e-cigarettes needs tightening or not. What are you views on e-cigarettes? Should people be allowed to "smoke" them in public buildings, on trains, planes etc? Or should they all be made to stand outside like the real smokers are now?
And before the wise cracks start, I know you wouldn't be forced to stand outside on a plane or train while you have a puff!!! ;)

I have my own views but would be interested in what other people think.

C3.

pat
11-Feb-13, 08:32
E-cigarettes - still banned, as they will be putting something into the air and there are enough pollutants without more being added, or folk lighting up saying they have lit an e-cigarette.

ducati
11-Feb-13, 08:41
I was thinking about giving them a shot. There's an article on BBC morning news throwing doubt on the safety though. When smoking on a plane I like to stand over the engine. It's warmer.

Corrie 3
11-Feb-13, 09:25
E-cigarettes - still banned, as they will be putting something into the air and there are enough pollutants without more being added, or folk lighting up saying they have lit an e-cigarette.
But surely Pat they only emit steam.....I think there are more pollutants coming from humans passing wind?

C3.

secretsquirrel
11-Feb-13, 12:02
I really like the advert on TV with the dancing child for e-lites

tonkatojo
11-Feb-13, 12:56
I was thinking about giving them a shot. There's an article on BBC morning news throwing doubt on the safety though. When smoking on a plane I like to stand over the engine. It's warmer.

The wife bought them 5 weeks ago with the intention of jacking in the tabs, she is still smoking and the e ones are in the drawer LOL, me I jacked in 12 year ago (I had to Docs orders) no aids nowt just the will to live LOL.

Corrie 3
11-Feb-13, 13:01
The wife bought them 5 weeks ago with the intention of jacking in the tabs, she is still smoking and the e ones are in the drawer LOL, me I jacked in 12 year ago (I had to Docs orders) no aids nowt just the will to live LOL.

Not easy Tonk if you are an addict, well done you though and I hope the Wife also manages to stop!!

C3.

tonkatojo
11-Feb-13, 13:08
Not easy Tonk if you are an addict, well done you though and I hope the Wife also manages to stop!!

C3.

It was far from easy, I smoke for 36 odd years and loved them, but after a stroke, emphysema and copd caused by them I think the Doc was right and I stopped. The wife is a no hoper In my opinion.

Flynn
11-Feb-13, 13:19
Just ban tobacco products completely. It's a nasty addictive drug that kills thousands every year.

tonkatojo
11-Feb-13, 13:35
Just ban tobacco products completely. It's a nasty addictive drug that kills thousands every year.

On the telly this morning they said nicotine does no more harm then caffeine it is the tar in ciggys that does the harm, these e ciggys have a liquid nicotine that is evaporated by a battery so they said. Mind I do not know if there is owt extra in the liquid.

Kodiak
11-Feb-13, 13:56
I stopped smoking 22 years ago. The way I stopped smoking was all due to my then 10 year old son. He made a bet with me that I could not stop smoking. If I ever had another cigarette I would have to pay him £10 but, if I never smoked again he would buy a Bottle of 25 Year Old Malt Whisky to drink at my Wake.

I agreed with this and I scrunched up the Packet of Cigs I had, dumped them in a Bin and I have never had a Cigarette since. I had been smoking for 30 years, most of that time at least 20 a day and I stopped Cold Turkey. For the first week it was hard but after that I had no problems. So if you really want to stop smoking just throw them all away and stop, at least that is what I did.