altered by poster

sids
09-Feb-13, 00:05
inverness.

100 miles away.

Thanks for alerting us.

Moira
09-Feb-13, 00:20
Just in case you haven't noticed Sids, some members here post from over the Ord.

Caithness dot Org is not just for folk who live in the County.

Bless them all......

Dadie
09-Feb-13, 00:29
Neigh way!
Hay ho ...
OK enough horsing around...but...
Thats what you get for eating processed food!
no accountability on the meat or beast used.....
dont eat ready meals etc until its all sorted ..try and buy from the local butchers and actually cook.....
Maybe even afterwards carry on the cooking.....it will be healthier for you and your waistline and salt intake too!

secrets in symmetry
09-Feb-13, 00:32
Thats what you get for eating processed food!
no accountability on the meat or beast used.....
I think this is the most important lesson I've learned from this horseplay.

I would buy all my meat from my local butcher in future... if I had one....

Dadie
09-Feb-13, 00:42
heck it actually works out cheaper if you buy a lb of mince from the buther and make and freeze your own burgers (season at will and to your liking and bulk out if being extra economical with breadcrumbs and onion etc) And if you dont have a fancy press a cookie cutter and a jam jar of the right size will press them..or do patties that are just hand squeezed(same taste just looser )

secrets in symmetry
09-Feb-13, 00:44
I don't doubt you - but I don't have a local butcher.

sids
09-Feb-13, 00:45
Just in case you haven't noticed Sids, some members here post from over the Ord.

Caithness dot Org is not just for folk who live in the County.

So, www.caithness.org is for alerting people, who have nothing to do with Caithness, to problems in shops hundreds of miles away from Caithness, which have already been reported on national news broadcasts?

Thank goodness for www.caithness.org, that's all I can say.

Dadie
09-Feb-13, 00:52
It was the national news that made me question the school meals up here....if I can question the school meals content over the national news coverage (they use a butcher in dingwall for the highland beef products)maybe people in Inverness etc who use caithness.org can get answers about the horse issue where they are....is that such a bad thing?

Moira
09-Feb-13, 00:53
Aye sids, its a sign of the times which we must embrace. Welcome one, welcome all......

A quick glance at some of the topics on the General forum recently will tell you I am right. :)

Corrie 3
09-Feb-13, 04:40
My Doctor told me I must start watching what I eat.......................So I bought tickets for the Grand National!!

C3.

ducati
09-Feb-13, 10:13
OK the next meeting of the Veggie Popular Front at Castletown Drill Hall has been cancelled. We will organise a larger venue as the fire officer wouldn't allow the numbers we were expecting. :lol:

bunnies&chicks
09-Feb-13, 12:42
So, www.caithness.org (http://www.caithness.org) is for alerting people, who have nothing to do with Caithness, to problems in shops hundreds of miles away from Caithness, which have already been reported on national news broadcasts?

Thank goodness for www.caithness.org (http://www.caithness.org), that's all I can say.

Some of us don't live in Caithness yet.....but read the forums to find out whats going on....so yes you are quite right...thank goodness for www.caithness.org!!!! :-)

jacko
09-Feb-13, 23:14
i dont know how to delete so i altered the post accordingly. i will do the same to all my posts thank you for the friendly advice golach. the sarcasm at the end was quite uncalled for.

Moira
09-Feb-13, 23:19
Was never going to be a big poster on here ..... i just thought that some folk s might find it repulsive eating horsemeat. but sids responce has made me think i,ll just mind my own business and just read the posts on here instead of making comments in future .

The Caithness dot Org forums are not about one person's response. You get stuck in there jacko..... :)

MerlinScot
09-Feb-13, 23:21
Some of us don't live in Caithness yet.....but read the forums to find out whats going on....so yes you are quite right...thank goodness for www.caithness.org!!!! :-)Lol... So you mean... you're getting an idea of Caithness out of our posts? God help you all.... :D

golach
09-Feb-13, 23:22
Sorry Jacko, your seem a novice at posting on the Org, it pays to search to see if a thread or
subject has already been started and discussed before jumping in with good intentions. And your reponse now is what is commonly know on the Org as throwing your toys or dummy out of the pram.

Oddquine
10-Feb-13, 00:44
Was never going to be a big poster on here ..... i just thought that some folk s might find it repulsive eating horsemeat. but sids responce has made me think i,ll just mind my own business and just read the posts on here instead of making comments in future .

Is it just me....but is the repulsion not down to knowing it is horse meat and not cow meat.....and not a lot to do with the taste? Not that I buy much in the way of ready meals....but if I hadn't been made aware it wasn't cow meat, I'd still be buying them from time to time. And I kinda wonder why I am happy to eat pigs, lambs, cows, rabbits etc specially bred for eating.....and not horses if they were also specially bred for eating.

Dadie
10-Feb-13, 01:08
|I think its the not knowing that has people up in arms!
If you buy meat you expect it to be the meat on the tag ....
As for processed stuff it goes in and out so many countries the accountiblility can be lost.....not worth it!
If meat is bought looking like meat(chunks or roasts etc) at a local butcher the accountibility is there!

luskentyre
10-Feb-13, 01:50
So, www.caithness.org is for alerting people, who have nothing to do with Caithness, to problems in shops hundreds of miles away from Caithness, which have already been reported on national news broadcasts?

Thank goodness for www.caithness.org, that's all I can say.

Oh just grow up. Believe it or not, Caithness is not a bubble. People who live here can have views on matters that occur outside the county. Some of us even shop outside the county (I know, they should be shot, but hey...)

It's a discussion forum for goodness sake. Since when did it limit itself to topics inside the county?

sids
10-Feb-13, 01:54
Oh just grow up. Believe it or not, Caithness is not a bubble. People who live here can have views on matters that occur outside the county. Some of us even shop outside the county (I know, they should be shot, but hey...)

It's a discussion forum for goodness sake. Since when did it limit itself to topics inside the county?

Why do they call it Caithness.org?

canuck
10-Feb-13, 20:32
Before I moved to Scotland my best source of UK news was the org. Anything worth knowing about was under discussion in the threads.

As for the horse meat issue, my biggest concern is the allergy potential. I am quite allergic to horse meat and if a product is not marked with it in the content it could be quite dangerous. I must admit that I don't eat many processed products, but still it is frightening to think that a pie could harbour unsafe bits that aren't on the label.

jacko
10-Feb-13, 20:57
[QUOTE=sids;1006834]Why do they call it Caithness.org

i wasnt going to bother posting again, but i thought of something that amused me .

caithness org.... made in caithness.?for caithnesians?

brussel sprouts .. made in brussels? for ?......lol

mars bars ... made in mars ... lol for martians ?? lol

sorry just found it funny.

tiger woods
10-Feb-13, 21:55
My Doctor told me I must start watching what I eat.......................So I bought tickets for the Grand National!!

C3.I looked in the freezer to see if I had any of these 'horse burgers', guess what?................. 'they're off'

Oddquine
10-Feb-13, 23:41
Why do they call it Caithness.org?

They don't call the forum Caithness.org...why on earth would you think the forum is the whole site....maybe because you have never checked out any of the other links in your years as a member? The Org is about Caithness, of the past and in the present, and is an excellent resource for those who have other reasons to arrive here other than the forum, which is only one part of the site, and gives the ability for those who think they have opinions everybody else has to hear to let their bellies rumble in internet print.

sids
10-Feb-13, 23:48
They don't call the forum Caithness.org...why on earth would you think the forum is the whole site....maybe because you have never checked out any of the other links in your years as a member? The Org is about Caithness, of the past and in the present, and is an excellent resource for those who have other reasons to arrive here other than the forum, which is only one part of the site, and gives the ability for those who think they have opinions everybody else has to hear to let their bellies rumble in internet print.

Well, there's nothing wrong there, that shorter sentences wouldn't fix.

Phill
11-Feb-13, 11:53
Apparently whatever it is we are eating: horse, dog, cat, pigeon blended with beef DNA, it is safe. All I want now is some S/MP to drag their kids out and shove burgers down their throats.
Or shove frozen lasagne down the throats of MPs, whichever seem the better sport.

Flynn
11-Feb-13, 12:11
So, www.caithness.org (http://www.caithness.org) is for alerting people, who have nothing to do with Caithness, to problems in shops hundreds of miles away from Caithness, which have already been reported on national news broadcasts?

Thank goodness for www.caithness.org (http://www.caithness.org), that's all I can say.

So you don't want to be informed, you would prefer to be insular and uninformed? Especially as the horsemeat issue now appears to have affected all the major supermarkets, and several food suppliers.

Rheghead
11-Feb-13, 19:39
If this is just about food labelling then we've got a long way to go before we get what is advertised on the packet/menu. How many times have you bought a hot & spicy pizza or curry to find that there is no chilli heat or spice on it? If a complaint is made then we are supposed to put up with the blandness because it is not supposed to be hot and too spicy for the 'general public's' consumption.

sids
11-Feb-13, 19:51
Now that people realise they've been eatin' hoss and liking it, there could be a market for horsemeat labelled as horsemeat.

Rheghead
11-Feb-13, 19:56
Perhaps the cows were mooing so loud to get out of the abattoir that they became horse?

sids
11-Feb-13, 21:41
Perhaps the cows were mooing so loud to get out of the abattoir that they became horse?

Every one's a whinny!