PDA

View Full Version : Good Grief Findus are at it now

pig whisperer
07-Feb-13, 21:06
Horse meat has been found in Findus lasagne is there no end to it [ a cautionary tail ] make your own, at least if you want to add horse you can

essex boy
07-Feb-13, 21:12
Why not just call them 'nagsagne'! I'd buy it!

Phill
07-Feb-13, 21:29
I hope they flog 'em off cheap, the kids love 'em!

Phill
07-Feb-13, 21:31
Is horse hung? Like wot beef is?

:eyes

Alrock
07-Feb-13, 22:47
The one thing that puzzles me is where all this horsemeat comes from....
First Tesco, then Findus, both big brands so that must mean hell of a lot of horses where used...

So.... Where are there fields full of horses to the same extent as we have fields full of cows?

Rheghead
07-Feb-13, 22:50
Was it an Italian stallion?

secrets in symmetry
08-Feb-13, 00:30
First Tesco, then Findus, both big brands so that must mean hell of a lot of horses where used...

So.... Where are there fields full of horses to the same extent as we have fields full of cows?
You've forgotten Asda (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/9851291/Asda-pulls-beefburgers-after-horse-meat-contamination-at-supplier.html).

One of Britain’s biggest supermarkets yesterday pulled all its own brand frozen beefburgers from sale after “exceptionally high” levels of horse meat were found at its Northern Irish supplier.

Asda withdrew the beefburgers as a "precautionary measure" after tests at Freeza Meats in Newry County Down, found beef stored at its plant contained up to 80 per cent horse meat.

I love the photo of the horse's head next to the burger. :cool:

golach
08-Feb-13, 00:34
You've forgotten Asda (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/9851291/Asda-pulls-beefburgers-after-horse-meat-contamination-at-supplier.html).
I love the photo of the horse's head next to the burger. :cool:

dinna pick on Alrock, he has not got an Asda up there [lol]

secrets in symmetry
08-Feb-13, 00:44
dinna pick on Alrock, he has not got an Asda up there [lol]Maybe not, but they all seem to want one.

I was in Asda in Aberdeen yesterday. I went to the checkout, and 'e quine on 'e till greeted me with a cheery welcome...

Fetlock? :cool:

Kenn
08-Feb-13, 01:09
Were the supermarkets nagged into taking these products or were they just saddled with them?

Beat Bug
08-Feb-13, 01:11
I'm just thankful I don't buy ready meals! And I make my own burgers!

Phill
08-Feb-13, 01:23
I hope you don't make them on the hoof!

(I assume they are 100% horsemeat)

Shaggy
08-Feb-13, 02:32
Was it an Italian stallion?

Nope, as far as im led to believe, he is still alive and planning Rocky 27.....oh and expendables 6.......and Rambo 113....shall i go on

Flynn
08-Feb-13, 09:21
Meat is meat. If pigs, cows, sheep etc. are good enough to eat then why not horse?

Gronnuck
08-Feb-13, 10:30
Meat is meat. If pigs, cows, sheep etc. are good enough to eat then why not horse?

You're right Flynn but this is a trades description issue. It's surely illegal to promote/advertise something as one thing and then process and package it as something entirely different? Sounds a bit like daylight robbery to me.

Flynn
08-Feb-13, 10:41
More problems for Findus this morning as it's revealed fish don't have fingers (http://newsthump.com/2013/02/08/further-findus-controversy-as-fish-revealed-not-to-have-fingers/).

Rheghead
08-Feb-13, 10:44
Just don't eat them, they'll give the trots.

Phill
08-Feb-13, 12:28
More problems for Findus this morning as it's revealed fish don't have fingers (http://newsthump.com/2013/02/08/further-findus-controversy-as-fish-revealed-not-to-have-fingers/).I may be fish gay, where does that leave my marriage? :eek:

Phill
08-Feb-13, 12:36
Findus CEO has issued a statement, he admits he's 'having a bit of a mare' with the current situation.

laguna2
08-Feb-13, 13:30
Our local pub has been closed down ...

they found red rum in one of the optics!

Shaggy
08-Feb-13, 13:41
You tried the Findus meatballs in tomato sauce? i hear they are the dogs bollo.........

Kodiak
08-Feb-13, 15:24

In this case it is possible that there could be the Drug Phenylbutazone in the Horse Meat. This is a veterinary drug given to horses for pain relief and could cause the blood disorder aplastic anaemia in Humans.

Rheghead
08-Feb-13, 20:00
In this case it is possible that there could be the Drug Phenylbutazone in the Horse Meat. This is a veterinary drug given to horses for pain relief and could cause the blood disorder aplastic anaemia in Humans.

Why are they saying there's no health issue if that is the case?

Kodiak
08-Feb-13, 20:31
Why are they saying there's no health issue if that is the case?

Don't ask me, ask whoever is saying that there is no health issue. It was reported on the news that there might be a problem regarding there being Phenylbutazone in Horse Meat. Here is a Link as well :-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/08/fsa-tests-horsemeat-lasagne

While horsemeat itself is not considered a food safety risk, its unauthorized use in certain products has raised concerns it could contain the veterinary drug phenylbutazone, or "bute," commonly used to treat horses.
Meat from animals treated with phenylbutazone is not allowed to enter the food chain as it may pose a risk to human health.

The Above is a quote form the page below :-

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/08/world/europe/uk-horsemeat-probe/index.html

Rheghead
08-Feb-13, 20:45
The Food Standards Agency says there is now a race on to track down more food outlets selling horse meat but say the burgers were too quick out of the market stalls.

luskentyre
08-Feb-13, 23:56
It seems you can flog a dead horse (and god knows what else they choose to put in).

ducati
09-Feb-13, 10:23
This is all very funny esp. as I don't eat meat but if, and I think we can safely say now that Horse meet is well and truly in the food chain, this can happen probably for years, under the noses of the Food Standards Agency, what else?

And if unscrupulous food producers can beat the system for profit, what about persons and organisations in the world that really mean us harm?

EOS
09-Feb-13, 11:50

Where do you think all the old race horses go nearly 8000 thousand horses were slaughtered in
the uk last year and a lot more get bought at auction marts and shipped abroad, a horse sells for
about quarter of the price of a cow so far more profit but as ducati says nobody knows which
horses have had a drug called phenylbutazone (bute) which can cause cancer in humans.

The FSA says there is no danger in eating this meat. Would you trust what thet are saying.
Using bute on horses for human consumption is banned in the EU, but thousands
of tonnes of horsemeat is imported from the US, Canada and Mexico where
practices are different.

Many of the animals killed for food in these countries were once racehorses,
and the use of bute at racetracks across the US is so widespread that one
scientist speaking
to the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/09/sports/drugs-injected-at-the-racetrack-put-europe-off-us-horse-meat.html?pagewanted=all) called these horses "walking pharmacies".

Rheghead
09-Feb-13, 12:00
Long pork sausages anyone?

Kevin Milkins
09-Feb-13, 12:16
My doctor told me to watch what I'm eating, so I've bought some tickets for next Saturdays racing at Chepstow.

Rheghead
09-Feb-13, 19:25
Is this the end of the frozen ready meal? I really hope so. We should take a greater interest in where our food comes from, see cooking as a pleasure and not a chore, support local produce and local butcher where we can be assured of quality.

secrets in symmetry
09-Feb-13, 19:50
Is this the end of the frozen ready meal? I really hope so. We should take a greater interest in where our food comes from, see cooking as a pleasure and not a chore, support local produce and local butcher where we can be assured of quality.I doubt it'll be the end, but it'll make some of us think more about where our food comes from - for a wee while....

Rheghead
09-Feb-13, 20:16
Richard lll says to his horse in Tesco's carpark "Keep quiet or they'll surely Findus"