PDA

View Full Version : introduction.

justine
02-Jan-07, 22:41
Hi my name is justine and i am new to the site.First of all i would like to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all. I am trying to find out if anyone can help me with a small problem i have. I am trying to find a location in caithness that supplies large logs. My husband likes to carve and we have been trying to find logs of about 3ft-5ft in size so he can restart his carving, if there is anyone who can help me could they please let me know.thanks
justine,colin

johno
02-Jan-07, 22:48
Hi my name is justine and i am new to the site.First of all i would like to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all. I am trying to find out if anyone can help me with a small problem i have. I am trying to find a location in caithness that supplies large logs. My husband likes to carve and we have been trying to find logs of about 3ft-5ft in size so he can restart his carving, if there is anyone who can help me could they please let me know.thanks
justine,colin
hi Justine ,welcome to the org and a happy new year to you and your family.
the only place i can think of where you might get large logs is at rumster forest if you can contact the forestry comission there im pretty sure that
they can help you. if i can find out any more i will contact you here. good luck johno
:cool:

DarkAngel
02-Jan-07, 23:00
Hello Justine. Welcome to the Org!! Hope you had a grea New year all the best to to u and yer Family!

DA

Jeemag_USA
02-Jan-07, 23:03
If your anywhere near Halkirk, try the sawmill there, not sure if Yogi is still there, and I forgot the owners name I used to know him, they would regularly bring lodgepole back from the forestry, they might be able to cut you a deal.

justine
02-Jan-07, 23:18
THanks to Johno,Dark Angel, Jeemag, We live in wick so i suppose now my man will have me going to halkirk to see if we can find some logs.Although i would like to have some directions to rumster forrest as i have no idea where it is. How far from wick is it, or as i have found out in the last three years that there is nowhere close to wick, but thats why we moved here for the peace and quiet to raise the kids, all eight of them, If anyone can suggest anywhere good to take the tribe im listening. justine

justine
02-Jan-07, 23:26
Hi johno, Like to say thanks for your help, even though i have no idea where rumster forrest is can you help me with directions.jusitne

DarkAngel
02-Jan-07, 23:34
Wow..8 kids well done you, Ya must have the patcience of a saint...I got one kid and its hard enough with him!! lol. It is nice and quiet up here and alot of people like it, Great place to raise kids, as not a Big Busy city with lots of violence and murder crimes etc...Hope you enjoy living up here.

dirdyweeker
02-Jan-07, 23:34
Hi johno, Like to say thanks for your help, even though i have no idea where rumster forrest is can you help me with directions.jusitne

Here is a link that will take you to the map you need. Hope it helps.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&GridE=-3.3665&GridN=58.2830&lon=-3.3665&lat=58.2830&db=freegaz&cidr_client=none&lang=&place=Latheron,Highland&pc=&advanced=&client=public&addr2=&quicksearch=latheron&addr3=&scale=100000&addr1=

justine
03-Jan-07, 00:06
Hi DA,its not patience we need its some decent programmes on tv, and some warm weather.You not what cold winter nights are like.Cant remember what it like to only have the one, but it gets easier by the dozen.I am trying for two more like to even up the odds as we have seven girls and one boy.We like it up here even though the winters can be long and cold.Is there any good places to take the kids. justine

chiccool
03-Jan-07, 01:57
Hi DA,its not patience we need its some decent programmes on tv, and some warm weather.You not what cold winter nights are like.Cant remember what it like to only have the one, but it gets easier by the dozen.I am trying for two more like to even up the odds as we have seven girls and one boy.We like it up here even though the winters can be long and cold.Is there any good places to take the kids. justine
You could take them on a day trip to the new Tesco

Piglet
03-Jan-07, 02:29
Gee Whiz you are a saint if you have 8 kids & you want more,:eek: i have 3 & it is more than enough but have to agree with you when the weather turns tho you will hardly have the kids in the house.

Welcome to the org & happy posting.:Razz

DarkAngel
03-Jan-07, 09:56
Oh wow 7 girls and 1 boy. U must really like kids if your trying fro two more, Well done you tho. There is lots to do when the weather gets warmer but when the weather is like this there aint much to do apart from watch the television, And this years Xmas / New year tele has been rubbish. U must be goin mad..Unless u have pleanty kids DVDs or games :D

Alice in Blunderland
03-Jan-07, 11:08
Good on you Justine and welcome. I have four girls and one boy and have made no secret that I would have loved more children but a DVT with my last pregnancy halted any thoughts of more kids ( more chance of DVT after a few pregnancies so they told me ;) ). Happy posting.

DarkAngel
03-Jan-07, 12:04
Sorry that u didnt have a good pregnancy Alice..But im confused what is a DVT?

young
03-Jan-07, 12:26
DVT is deep vein thrombosis. i think it is when you get a blood clot in your veins( i.e. legs) and it can be fatal if this (blood clot) travels through your body. I am sure you may have heard about it when people travel on long haul flights and are not moving their legs enough and the can develop DVT.

cuddlepop
03-Jan-07, 14:09
Hi Justine Happy New Year to you and yours.
Happy posting and good luck with your logs.:D

justine
03-Jan-07, 14:47
Hi DA, we at 22, you must have seen us all out in the summer.Has the cat surfaced yet,if not i will keep eyes open for him.Let me know where you at and i will return him to you if he shows up.Know what its like when one goes missing.justine

DarkAngel
03-Jan-07, 15:22
No i didt see you in the summertime...Mmm,,,I will be keeping my eyes open and peeled to see if i see ya out and about with you lovely girls and boy! lol.

It was Angel of Death's Cat that went missing not mine, I dont have a cat altought the next door neighbours cat is always here..End up feeding it the whole time, Little rascal got 2 homes lol!!

justine
03-Jan-07, 15:40
Hi DA, soz about that ma head up ma butt. My hubby realised about 3 mins ago that i replied to the wrong one. Hope the neighbours cat finds his way home though, or we could end up looking for another.With this many kids it hard to think straight that why i normaly log in at night when they tucked up in bed, it easier.justine

justine
03-Jan-07, 15:48
Hi alice in Blunderland, sorry you cant have any more, i think everyone shoukd have loads of kids they keep you young.What they havent told you is that you can have more pregnancies without getting dvt again.It can surface in a mother who is carrying her first as well as multiple pregnancies. In the medical world i am a grandma at this, i have had may problems, one twin pregnancy and still managed to have 8 healthy babies who are all growing well and becoming harder to handle, but hey it wouldnt be fun if there wasn't a challenge,justine

DarkAngel
03-Jan-07, 15:54
Oh Justine yer a saint, But hey if its what ya love. Im defo having more kids Ive got 1 boy who is 6 months old and a little angel..He can be a handful sometimes but with more kids they can help and give the attention to the Younger kids.

Its ok head up butt thing...Im constantly like that 24/7!!:lol:

DarkAngel
03-Jan-07, 16:01
DVT is deep vein thrombosis. i think it is when you get a blood clot in your veins( i.e. legs) and it can be fatal if this (blood clot) travels through your body. I am sure you may have heard about it when people travel on long haul flights and are not moving their legs enough and the can develop DVT.

Thanx Young for letting me know what it is..I now know.Cheers!

justine
03-Jan-07, 16:18
Hi Da, soz but i am about to burst that bubble, they dont help as they get older believe me.Mine are 16,12,8,4,twins at 3,2 and 1 and the youngest are easier to deal with, atleast they dont answer back.Hope you little lad is better behaved than mine.He squeals like a girl most of the time, but then in a house where there are so many dominant females, i suppose he has the right. Cant wait for his voise to break though, he is higher pitched than all the others put to gether, but dont let that thought put you off, the more the merrier.I wouldnt change mine, i just dont want another boy.Took me 6 kids to get him and i would put him back if i could but cant do that.justine

DarkAngel
03-Jan-07, 16:38
Oh Nooooooo....Thanx for that info!!! Wow u must be soooo busy..with School, Nursery, Playgroup..Ur a supermum http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/skye5454/Blinkies%20June%204-06/supermom.gif

justine
03-Jan-07, 16:40
I wouldnt say i was super mum just daft.Life wouldnt be the same without them though.The only thing i miss is the time to relax and go out with ma hubby. Do you know any where good to go in wick.

DarkAngel
03-Jan-07, 16:52
Do you mean for a meal or for a good drink?

Well the Mackays Bistro is lovely for food, Then there is the Yard Now known as Zeros for a drink..Can get busy but good crack..

The French Restaurant is lovely..Mmm Their steaks are Yummmmy!! Always the Good Old Camps for a sing on the Karaoke .. hehe

justine
03-Jan-07, 18:19
Hi DA, Cheers for that, i was meaning a meal and maybe a drink as i dont drink, last time i had a good un, my kids seen me being carried in by the feet and hands.Wont be doing that for a while but half a bottle of southern comfort tasted real good. Might give the French one a try. Am not up for the loud bars as there enough noise going on in this place to last a lifetime.Is there anywhere out of wick that has a quiet atmosphere and a good meal.justine. How do you insert a pic into a message, been trying but it wont work, any handy hints am a novice at this, cant you tell?.....

Alice in Blunderland
03-Jan-07, 19:14
Smiddy Inn Thrumster is a great place for food and the restaurant area is lovely and peacefull. The chips are 'real' and the steak is excellent so is the steak pie, the lasagne, the fish ooohhh I could go on and on and if you make it out give me a call Im in the first house beside the pub Ive claimed squaters rights in Weeboyagees house with all my kids :eek: .

johno
03-Jan-07, 19:33
Hi Justine if you go to Lybster, just go through it and take a right turn ,i think it ,s marked Rumster Forest. Go along that road for a couple of miles & you will see their base on the right. it will have some machinery so you cant miss it.
Or when you get to Lybster just ask at the Portland Arms, they will keep you on the right track. and oh Justine the natives are friendly they will help you .
But they are sure to be in the phone book under forestry.
good luck, Johno
:)

DarkAngel
03-Jan-07, 19:56
The Smiddy Inn in thrumster is gorgeous and its a lovely Quiet pub, The food is all homemade and its massive portions!!:D