PDA

View Full Version : football

highlander2222
13-Feb-05, 14:17
I C T / celtic game off

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Feb-05, 16:08
Doesn't put ICT in a good light, does it? No undersoil hearting - it wouldn't surprise me if the SFA revoked their right to play games on their home pitch.

Lester
13-Feb-05, 16:14
They have under soil heating the pitch was water logged .For an award winning newspaper man you should get your facts right. :roll:

KitKat
13-Feb-05, 16:33
We just left Inverness this am. Trust me, if they had played a game the wind was so high the ba' would have ended up in the North Sea!

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Feb-05, 16:41
They have under soil heating the pitch was water logged .For an award winning newspaper man you should get your facts right. :roll:

T'was mentioned to me by a Celtic supporters group this morning. Is this a newspaper?

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Feb-05, 16:45
Furthermore, I heard this morning (9am), from a national radio station, that it was the pitch: hard-as-a-brick. Guess no-one can be perfectly sure unless they're at Caledonian Stadium.

doreenhedgehog
13-Feb-05, 18:07
http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s14/st67026.htm

waterlogged pitch is the official line - at least they didn't leave it until after 2pm like Ross County did yesterday before they cancelled it! That must have been a bad one for travelling fans.

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Feb-05, 18:15
Totally. It's always the fans that suffer the most.

~~Tides~~
13-Feb-05, 21:58
Sitting in a cold and windy stadium on a day like today would be suffering.

scotsboy
14-Feb-05, 08:04
I seem to remember a game at Keltic Park being cancelled due to structural damage druing high winds, that was against ICT as well.........what does that say about Keltics stadium :roll:

George Brims
15-Feb-05, 00:32
It says it's in Scotland!

scotsboy
15-Feb-05, 06:59
It says it was built to a standard not up to the weather in Scotland George ;)