PDA

View Full Version : Street Party Photographs

DarkAngel
02-Jan-07, 21:20
When are they bein posted on Caithness.org? Never managed to get out on Hogmany and would love to see everyone having a good time.? Anyone know anything? Were there picture taken?

Thanx
DA
:D

Fran
02-Jan-07, 22:31
My friend made a video which she will be handing in to Bill, then when Bill is better, it will hopefully be on here.

DarkAngel
02-Jan-07, 22:36
Thanx for that Fran, Would love to see all the action and all the fun that i missed! Hope to see it all soon!

Fran
02-Jan-07, 22:46
yes Im looking forward to seeing it too, maybe my friend will give me a preview before she hands it to Bill!!!

Mr P Cannop
02-Jan-07, 23:03
did u email it to bill fernie ??

Deemac
03-Jan-07, 00:37
Thurso Street Party from the stage.

Sorry about quality - still taken from a video with night vision on.

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/7726/whiskystpartyview01smsx8.jpg

Deemac
03-Jan-07, 00:40
Same view but without night vision!! Suppost to be about a couple of thousand punters.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9168/whiskystpartyview02smos2.jpg

Cattach
03-Jan-07, 14:04
[QUOTE=Deemac;178184]Same view but without night vision!! Suppost to be about a couple of thousand punters.

Organisers are supposed to have estimated closer to three throusand turned up.

DarkAngel
03-Jan-07, 15:56
Thanx Cattach, Looked pretty busy there too huh? Cant wait to see some wick ones posted too! Anyone??:)

Wish i could have made it but, no babysitter and a flu virus stopped me joining in the celebrations!!

Chobbersjnr
03-Jan-07, 17:10
it was reckoned to be busier than last year which puts the figure somewhere between 2500 & 3000 people

It took a lot of effort to fight my way from one side to the other in the square

Chobbersjnr
03-Jan-07, 17:17
John Baikie was taking a load of photographs, I would assume they be exclusively for the local rags??

otherwise I saw a lot of flashes from the stage view

Deemac
03-Jan-07, 17:30
Was there a Courier today?

I tried one local shop but they didn't seem to have any. I'd have thought there might be some coverage in this . . . . . .

Chobbersjnr
03-Jan-07, 18:11

I tried one local shop but they didn't seem to have any. I'd have thought there might be some coverage in this . . . . . .

one would think, I reckon it's more likely to be in the Groat

G2's in Tesco I wonder if he'll get one there

I saw a couple of people taking shots of myself & Rossie doing synchronised guitar movements...................FUNNY really FUNNY

young
03-Jan-07, 19:11

i dont think there was a courier out today as i read in last weeks groat that the next courier will be on the 10th.

dirdyweeker
03-Jan-07, 20:25
Was there a Courier today? . . . . .

No Courier today.............Groat on Friday.

Deemac
04-Jan-07, 00:21
Thanks,
I'll expect Chobbers ego to go even more balistic then I guess!! God, he's getting unbearable these days . . . . .

Me - I'm just his drum roadie (When I'm very good I get to polish his pedal board!!! - that's of course when its not being run over by a following car!!!!!)

Sorry - Lots of IN jokes.

I'll just buy a Groat then . . . . . . . . . . . . .

No Courier today.............Groat on Friday.

canuck
04-Jan-07, 00:32
Thanks,
I'll expect Chobbers ego to go even more balistic then I guess!! God, he's getting unbearable these days . . . . .

Me - I'm just his drum roadie (When I'm very good I get to polish his pedal board!!! - that's of course when its not being run over by a following car!!!!!)

Sorry - Lots of IN jokes.

I'll just buy a Groat then . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I got the in joke. I was there!

But I really have trouble believing that Cjnr's ego would ever get ballistic about anything.

Back to the topic of the thread, the pics look like a great time was had by all.

auldchiel
05-Jan-07, 09:00
Have just seen the photos in the Groat, totally pathetic, just one photo of the Wick bands, more pictures of the committee, than the bands!
What a shame as it would have given the young bands a bit of encouragement, you think with Mr Noel "hot news" Donaldson on the committee they could have organised a photographer and given the groups a bit of coverage. I'm really disappointed.

DarkAngel
05-Jan-07, 10:43
Have just seen the photos in the Groat, totally pathetic, just one photo of the Wick bands, more pictures of the committee, than the bands!
What a shame as it would have given the young bands a bit of encouragement, you think with Mr Noel "hot news" Donaldson on the committee they could have organised a photographer and given the groups a bit of coverage. I'm really disappointed.

I havent seen the groat yet but there is usually more pictures of bands and people having a good time..Maybe there will be more to come in the Courier on Wednesday?? Hope so..Im just goin to go and buy a groat when i nip into the town!

Deemac
05-Jan-07, 21:46
I thought the Groats coverage of both street parties was good and the photos excellent (though no good crowd shots of Wick's event).

I suggest that these be advertised next year as the places to be when the BIG city do's get cancelled due to a few spots of rain and a bit of a cold draft!! (wimps).

I'm sure our fabulous tourist board/local council managers are planning next years advertising for the events along these very lines, even as I write this!!!!:eek:

Chobbersjnr
06-Jan-07, 04:52
I'm sure our fabulous tourist board/local council managers are planning next years advertising for the events along these very lines, even as I write this!!!!:eek:

ahem.....this is caithness!!!!! BURP, excuse me red wine is rather prevelant tonight

having said that Caithness can only hope to improve on current track record, for instance the audience turned out in larger number than last year, the PA & lighting was better than last year, the stage was better than last year & my ex-english teacher & husband came on as 1st foot, FAR BETTER THAN LAST YEAR, having said that I know nothing about Wick apart from Betsy Twinkler has a scollay involved therefore must be a hoot & liquid blue has a prominent Cowie offspring involved. According to scuttlebutt it was good as well

there are obviously things that can be improved upon for the future street events (which I'm sure there will be more of, won't there????) because there are always things to be improved like the size of the PA & in particular the drumming skills of Deemac:Razz (I do expect to be physically assaulted by D. next time we meet mwahahahahaha), BUT as long as things keep going in an upward & improving direction it can only be good, & I certainly had a gas, & I think I can speak on behalf of my PA building & band buddies

somebody recently described Caithness as a "backwater cess pool" if this is the case we caithnessians are doing OK in so far that people just can't stop smilling..............stop it!! soon it'll be illegal

Happy New Year & all that

yeesh the wine is strong, & the tears are long
& I should join a country band, with the words of this song

Well good night orgers, I'm off to bed
& if you can't find me, then (Deemac's tied me to the roof with the strongest rope known to man & gaffa tape)

ciao ppl

stumble, stumble BURP, OW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crivvens who put that indescribable thing there??? stupid place to put an indescribable thing if ever I saw one

I'll bet it's your fault.....................

Deemac
06-Jan-07, 15:04
Chobbers,
Just how much wine did you drink last night?

You forgot to mention I also cable-tied you to the roof as well!! (so that's where they all dissappear to!!) Given that I also have your money - brave words indeed . . . . . .

I also have the ultimate threat - The Weigh Inn Video when you were 5 . . .:eek:

Bobinovich
06-Jan-07, 17:11
somebody recently described Caithness as a "backwater cess pool" if this is the case we caithnessians are doing OK in so far that people just can't stop smilling..............stop it!! soon it'll be illegal

...or taxed to the hilt by those nice people in Westminster and/or Edinburgh [disgust]

Oh just had another thought - htey might start a tax on smilies too - must use up my quota before they do :-)

Aargh, didn't work - maybe I need some of Chobbers falling juice...Please!

Chobbersjnr
06-Jan-07, 20:19
2 glasses of bubbly & 4-6 large glasses of really good red, surprisingly no hang over

I woke up this morning & smiled:D

Deemac that is no threat, I mean I was led to believe that Niall "Godmin" Fernie already had it for uploading (happy new year Niall) & it was a question of waiting & watching this space. Anyhoo I was teaching Mitch Mitchell & the ghost of John Bonham just before that gig. I WAS ACE AT THAT GIG. So Mr. Mac you just go ahead & unleash it on the world. I can take it, can everybody else????

& my money, have you recently checked the location of your new snare?? not to mention the rest of your gear OH LOOK THE EBAY AUCTION JUST CLOSED

I hope your not smiling D. I'll have you arrested

SO, back at the ranch. The photographs look good & the audience look bigger in number in the pics than it looked at the time from the stage. The Groat spread was alright as well

Fran
07-Jan-07, 03:08

Mrs macdonald was taking pictures at the Wick street party so maybe they are all in her shop window in shore Lane. Dont know if my friend has delivered her video to Bill yet, but we will soon find out!