PDA

View Full Version : State funerals

Rheghead
05-Feb-13, 17:52
OK, it seems Margaret Thatcher is going to have a State funeral when she leaves us for the Upper chamber, but how about having a State funeral for Richard III?? A former King of England should be entitled by birthright, no? I think he is more entitled than Margaret for sure.

Would it be ok if Alex Salmond to have one if he wrests Scotland from English tyranny? Who else should be entitled to a State funeral?

macadamia
05-Feb-13, 18:23
A State Funeral for Richard III is a noble and uplifting idea. As for Alex Salmond, I would rather wish him an unusual longevity, so that when he wakes until when he sleeps each day, for many years and hopefully decades ahead, he may enjoy the longer-term consequences of Independence.

joxville
05-Feb-13, 20:24
I'm sure if you go back far in enough in my lineage you'll find I'm descended from royalty, therefore I should be entitled to a state funeral. However I don't expect you to tug your forelocks whenever we meet. Kissing my shoes will be enough! :-)))

Flynn
06-Feb-13, 10:15
A state funeral for Thatcher will see riots in the streets.

M Swanson
06-Feb-13, 10:25
Wouldn't surprise me, Flynn. It'll be a good excuse for all the Commies, Trots and Anarchists to do what they do best. :D

Phill
06-Feb-13, 10:57
The important question is: do we get a day off for a state funeral?
(if not, just dump the cadaver in a skip)

tonkatojo
06-Feb-13, 11:38
Wouldn't surprise me, Flynn. It'll be a good excuse for all the Commies, Trots and Anarchists to do what they do best. :D

Aye you could be right, I advocate a referendum to see who should pay to get rid of her, personally I think the tory lot should stump up and not the likes of me.

Rheghead
06-Feb-13, 11:40
The important question is: do we get a day off for a state funeral?
(if not, just dump the cadaver in a skip)

He was just the King of england so I'd expect just the English get a day off. It's only right really.

Flynn
06-Feb-13, 11:54
Aye you could be right, I advocate a referendum to see who should pay to get rid of her, personally I think the tory lot should stump up and not the likes of me.

There's a hole in a car park in Leicester needs filling...

mi16
06-Feb-13, 12:02
What a disgraceful way to talk about a person.

squidge
06-Feb-13, 12:09
I would lie to see a stateish funeral for Richard 3rd. Not the full blown stuff like we had for Diana or might get for the Queen but something a bit special. He was a king after all - even if not a very nice one.

tonkatojo
06-Feb-13, 12:12
What a disgraceful way to talk about a person.

Depends which person your commenting on.

mi16
06-Feb-13, 12:28
Depends which person your commenting on.

Baroness Thatcher, but no one should be talked of in that manner.
Peadophiles, rapists etc aside

Flynn
06-Feb-13, 14:58

The evil old hag gets what she deserves, and the sooner she's in the ground the better. The day she goes I'll be throwing a party. Their best bet is to dump her carcass at sea, because the queue of people wanting to relieve themselves on her grave will stretch from London to Glasgow.

tonkatojo
06-Feb-13, 15:13

Not sure I would go as far as Flynn's post 14, but to some folk she comes very close to your "paedophile rapist" comparison.

mi16
06-Feb-13, 15:15
The evil old hag gets what she deserves, and the sooner she's in the ground the better. The day she goes I'll be throwing a party. Their best bet is to dump her carcass at sea, because the queue of people wanting to relieve themselves on her grave will stretch from London to Glasgow.Well, wellI sincerely hope that you are not spoke of in this way when you are elderly.

M Swanson
06-Feb-13, 17:44
Is MI6 the only one to speak out about the vile post written by Flynn. Perhaps those who drone on about, "tolerance," "compassion," and "good manners," haven't read the post yet?

I dislike Blair intensely, but I won't celebrate his passing anymore than I would anyone else. If I can't find anything good to say, I won't say anything. It's only common decency, isn't it?

Well said, MI6. Repped.

tonkatojo
06-Feb-13, 18:06
Is MI6 the only one to speak out about the vile post written by Flynn. Perhaps those who drone on about, "tolerance," "compassion," and "good manners," haven't read the post yet?

I dislike Blair intensely, but I won't celebrate his passing anymore than I would anyone else. If I can't find anything good to say, I won't say anything. It's only common decency, isn't it?

Well said, MI6. Repped.

I hope you are offering to pay my bit if it comes to a state funeral as I definitely do not want to contribute, she was not royalty perhaps to some but not me.

Rheghead
06-Feb-13, 18:13
Perhaps those who drone on about, "tolerance," "compassion," and "good manners,"

I'll not say anything bad about Margaret, but where was her compassion, tolerance and good manners when she was in office? Would she mind really because she always came across as one who appreciates the 'You reap what you sow' philosophy.

Gronnuck
06-Feb-13, 18:21
Sign the epetition at http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/18914 The petition propses that “In keeping with the great lady's legacy, Margaret Thatcher's state funeral should be funded and managed by the private sector to offer the best value and choice for end users and other stakeholders.
The undersigned believe that the legacy of the former PM deserves nothing less and that offering this unique opportunity is an ideal way to cut government expense and further prove the merits of liberalised economics Baroness Thatcher spearheaded."
I doubt if the private sector would be that interested. In fact I'd go as far as to say they would probably argue it's the public sector's responsibility!

Errogie
06-Feb-13, 18:38
Of course I knew she was royalty when she announced "We are a grandmother"! And then there was her comment about there being no such thing as society.
I would give her corpse the same treatment as Bin Laden's.

mi16
06-Feb-13, 19:16
I wonder if Flynn or Errogie would be so quick to repeat their comments directly to Baroness Thatchers family.I think not.

golach
06-Feb-13, 19:24
Sign the epetition at http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/18914 The petition propses that “In keeping with the great lady's legacy, Margaret Thatcher's state funeral should be funded and managed by the private sector to offer the best value and choice for end users and other stakeholders.

Sadly Gronnuck, that petition is closed, wish you had brought it to my attention earlier, I would have signed it! If that woman gets a state funeral I predict a lot of protests.

Flynn
06-Feb-13, 19:31

Well said, MI6. Repped.

I have as much tolerance compassion and good manners for that evil old hag as she had for the communities she destroyed the length and breadth of the country, for the hundreds of thousands of families she destroyed when she closed the mines, the steel mills, the dockyards, and left millions without work or hope. I hope she rots in your hell.

focusRS
06-Feb-13, 19:42
I have as much tolerance compassion and good manners for that evil old hag as she had for the communities she destroyed the length and breadth of the country, for the hundreds of thousands of fanilies she destroyed when she closed the mines, the steel mills, the dockyards, and left millions without work or hope. I hope she rots in your hell.I've destroyed a few fanilies myself. Good times.

golach
06-Feb-13, 19:47

Well said, MI6. Repped.

Sorry M Swanson this is one time I am in total disagreement with your posts on this thread, that woman was never liked by me and my working class colleagues up in Scotland, she imposed the Poll Tax up here before she tried it out with you folks down sooofff, I will never forgive her for that alone.

mi16
06-Feb-13, 19:55
I've destroyed a few fanilies myself. Good times.WayheyFlynn is being a bit of a fanily

M Swanson
06-Feb-13, 20:08
The evil old hag gets what she deserves, and the sooner she's in the ground the better. The day she goes I'll be throwing a party. Their best bet is to dump her carcass at sea, because the queue of people wanting to relieve themselves on her grave will stretch from London to Glasgow.

Sorry M Swanson this is one time I am in total disagreement with your posts on this thread, that woman was never liked by me and my working class colleagues up in Scotland, she imposed the Poll Tax up here before she tried it out with you folks down sooofff, I will never forgive her for that alone.

I have no problem with your thoughts about Margaret Hilda and her Premiership, Golach. But I'm a little surprised that you would endorse Flynn's hatefulness and vile words directed at a person, who will be no longer with us. It says more about Flynn and his supporters than it could ever say about MH. What's to be gained, after she's gone? Perhaps you should start practising with the old pea-shooter, G. :D

WayheyFlynn is being a bit of a fanily

Isn't he always? :lol:

Flynn
06-Feb-13, 20:27
What's to be gained, after she's gone?

A new spot to walk the dog and let him do his business.

golach
06-Feb-13, 23:13
I have no problem with your thoughts about Margaret Hilda and her Premiership, Golach. But I'm a little surprised that you would endorse Flynn's hatefulness and vile words directed at a person, who will be no longer with us. It says more about Flynn and his supporters than it could ever say about MH. What's to be gained, after she's gone? Perhaps you should start practising with the old pea-shooter, G.

Just a wee point M Swanson, where have I endorsed flynn's point of view? (as if I ever would) I just provided you with my view of that woman, and why I dont like her.

ducati
06-Feb-13, 23:19
The undersigned believe that the legacy of the former PM deserves nothing less and that offering this unique opportunity is an ideal way to cut government expense and further prove the merits of liberalised economics Baroness Thatcher spearheaded."
I doubt if the private sector would be that interested. In fact I'd go as far as to say they would probably argue it's the public sector's responsibility!

So who is the end user? The stiff? :lol:

squidge
06-Feb-13, 23:25
i dont care about Margaret Thatcher. I hated her politics but she is nothing now. The Conservatives wheel her or her opinion these days out when they want a collective sigh from the far right of their party faithful. I will never ever vote Conservative and she is partly to blame for that. I dont really understand anyone voting Conservative who lived through those years. I dont share Flynn's palpable hatred for her but i wasn't a miner, or a steelworker or unemployed during that time so maybe I haven't the scars that Flynn has. I wouldnt dance on her grave but I wont mourn her either. Her time is over, she is simply a sad sick old woman.

ducati
06-Feb-13, 23:25
I have as much tolerance compassion and good manners for that evil old hag as she had for the communities she destroyed the length and breadth of the country, for the hundreds of thousands of families she destroyed when she closed the mines, the steel mills, the dockyards, and left millions without work or hope. I hope she rots in your hell.

Where do you you get this ballcocks from? Blame the trots, the lazy, the unions, the incompetent managers. The PM can not do any of what you accuse. You comment on people reading the Mail instead of thinking, I wonder what you read. [lol]

Rheghead
06-Feb-13, 23:44
Where do you you get this ballcocks from? Blame the trots, the lazy, the unions, the incompetent managers. The PM can not do any of what you accuse. You comment on people reading the Mail instead of thinking, I wonder what you read. [lol]

I blame tory and latterly Labour governments that put in place like minded directors/managers for the sole purpose of preparing the nationalised industries for privatisation. You can't run a nationalised industry like a cheap market stall.

ducati
07-Feb-13, 00:12
I blame tory and latterly Labour governments that put in place like minded directors/managers for the sole purpose of preparing the nationalised industries for privatisation. You can't run a nationalised industry like a cheap market stall.

Tell that to Richard Branson :lol:

Rheghead
07-Feb-13, 00:32
Tell that to Richard Branson :lol:

No need, he started a private company and it stayed as one. No issue with that. It is the political interfering/instability with nationalised companies that caused the problems.

ducati
07-Feb-13, 00:36
No need, he started a private company and it stayed as one. No issue with that. It is the political interfering/instability with nationalised companies that caused the problems.

Surely that is the problem with nationalised industries. They can never be free of political interference. They are also a refuge of the incompetent. That's why they had to be privatised.

The unions hated the idea because they lost their political influence, their ability to hold the country to ransome.

The private sector rewards performance, they (the unions) became like fish out of water (not knowing what performance was).And that is why trots like Flynn hate Thatcher. Just to bring it back on thread sort of.

cptdodger
07-Feb-13, 00:59
Putting Margaret Thatcher's politics to one side for a moment, I'm not sure why she is entitled to a state funeral. I understand the reasoning behind Winston Churchill being given the honour. However, even The Queen Mother and Diana, Princess Of Wales did not have state funerals, they were ceremonial (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_funerals_in_the_United_Kingdom) and regardless of peoples views on the monarchy, I would think they were a tad more popular than Thatcher.

If I understand it correctly, the reason the Queen Mother did not have a state funeral is because she was married to a monarch, and not a monarch in her own right (as the present Queen is) So going by that, and back to the original question, I would presume because Richard 111 was King in his own right, albeit for a short time (2yrs) he should be accorded some sort of state funeral, but probably not on the same scale as the reigning monarch would receive - if that makes sense.

Kenn
07-Feb-13, 01:31
I dinna care 1 way or tother!

M Swanson
07-Feb-13, 09:27

Ooh! No! Golach. When you quoted my post which dealt with the vile comments Flynn made about MH with this message, I thought you were endorsing it by not mentioning the content. I presumed too much, I'm afraid G. ;) My apologies for that. I should have known better! M shakes hands with Golach. :D

I dinna care 1 way or tother!

Nor me LIZZ. As long as whatever's done is with a little dignity and compassion, is OK by me.

cptdodger
07-Feb-13, 10:15
I have just read this on the BBC website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-21339490.

If there is still this much ill feeling towards her considering she left the office of PM nearly 23 years ago, why are the powers that be even considering a state funeral for her? And that (the news report) is in her home town.

squidge
07-Feb-13, 11:33
An 8' tall Margaret Thatcher is a very sobering thought

tonkatojo
07-Feb-13, 12:46
I have just read this on the BBC website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-21339490.

If there is still this much ill feeling towards her considering she left the office of PM nearly 23 years ago, why are the powers that be even considering a state funeral for her? And that (the news report) is in her home town.

I can only see the current "powers that be" that would want to (I hope). I think ducati would probably want the statue, to pay homage to daily and pay the extotinate freight to get it delivered to Caithness no doubt.

Alli
07-Feb-13, 13:42
That woman does NOT deserve a state funeral..... she should be held to account for her war crimes before she dies. She, along with others took this so called Great Britain to it's knees. I for one will never accept that she should have a state funeral. As tax payers we should not allow this

rob murray
07-Feb-13, 14:11
State funeral.....Nelson, Wellington, Churchill...Thatcher...the coop can do a good and quick job, after all :Arbeit macht frei (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/en:Arbeit_macht_frei#German)

ducati
07-Feb-13, 15:29
I can only see the current "powers that be" that would want to (I hope). I think ducati would probably want the statue, to pay homage to daily and pay the extotinate freight to get it delivered to Caithness no doubt.

Yeh I was thinking of having one on the front lawn. Will 8' be big enough do you think?

tonkatojo
07-Feb-13, 15:52
Yeh I was thinking of having one on the front lawn. Will 8' be big enough do you think?

I think that one is the only one going Mate surely.

Retread
07-Feb-13, 17:24

And maybe others have as much, or even less feeling, and just as much contempt and loathing for the left wingers like you that took us to war in Iraq and Afghanistan costing hundreds of British lives, at least the Falklands War to defend our land and people. People Like Blair, Harman and Brown deserve hanging as much as Thatcher ever did. People that allowed mass immigration to the point that our infrastructure cant cope. People that spent that much money it means I will have to work longer and harder to repay their mistakes. And where is Blair now ??, sliming his way round the planet making millions. I was no fan of Thatcher but at least she didn't hide who she was. Unlike the so called Labour party who preach they are for the people but in reality are just as interested in lining their pockets as much as the Tories ever were.

M Swanson
07-Feb-13, 17:37
That woman does NOT deserve a state funeral..... she should be held to account for her war crimes before she dies. She, along with others took this so called Great Britain to it's knees. I for one will never accept that she should have a state funeral. As tax payers we should not allow this

Oh! Right! So what "war crimes," were these Alli? You are referring to Margaret Hilda, I suppose, because she was never charged, or convicted of any "crime." The only ones who "took Great Britain to its knees," were the Labour PM's Callaghan and Brown, who upon losing their Premierships, left Britain on the verge of bankruptcy. :roll:

M Swanson
07-Feb-13, 17:44
Bravo Retread. I couldn't agree more.

How anybody, left, right or centre can buy into Blair is an absolute mystery to me.

I've got to spread 'em, unfortunately.

rob murray
07-Feb-13, 17:51
Oh! Right! So what "war crimes," were these Alli? You are referring to Margaret Hilda, I suppose, because she was never charged, or convicted of any "crime." The only ones who "took Great Britain to its knees," were the Labour PM's Callaghan and Brown, who upon losing their Premierships, left Britain on the verge of bankruptcy. :roll:

Yes we all owe a great debt to the blessed Margaret, the women was a politician, a non entity, who history has judged as an incompetent clown "saved" by a right wing media lapping up the ladys not for turning act....as for Callaghan get yer facts straight, compare growth, inflation, unemployment and borrowing 77 -79 to the ladys performance, oh and the labour administration of Wilson in 74 inherited the Barbour boom of the heath government where they ( the party of prudence ) let rip ( to buy votes ) and ran up the debts / inflation that forced the Wilson / Callaghan government to "borrow" from the IMF ( the money apparently was not needed....a civil service mistake in calculating suppposed debts )

The only politicians deserved of a statue were Llyod George ( social reforms ) and Churchill...as for the rest...how about a commemorative park bench...for the lot of them !!!!

M Swanson
07-Feb-13, 17:56
LOL. Worra loada absolute doofers. History, huh? More like the Beano & Dandy! :lol:

Flynn
07-Feb-13, 18:55

She was BFFs with Pinochet though.

Rheghead
07-Feb-13, 19:02
And she ordered the deaths of unarmed IRA suspects in Gibraltar.

golach
07-Feb-13, 19:25
And she ordered the deaths of unarmed IRA suspects in Gibraltar.

I would have proposed a medal for her for that one

Rheghead
07-Feb-13, 19:48
I would have proposed a medal for her for that one

I'm not drawing judgement whether they deserved it, but the rules of engagement were clearly broken. The army or police officers were not under threat at the time, the suspects were assassinated when they could have been easily arrested.

They hurt her at Brighton so she took personal revenge. Does that make us morally better?

Phill
07-Feb-13, 20:00
Wasn't it the Gib' coppers that OK'd an operation against believed armed terrorists?

Phill
07-Feb-13, 20:01
They hurt her at Brighton so she took personal revenge.Methinks that's cobblers.

Rheghead
07-Feb-13, 20:14
Methinks that's cobblers.

Why? On the basis that she, herself, was not personally hurt in the blast?

Phill
07-Feb-13, 20:57
As much as there are conspiracy theories I can't see the logic in this one. Surely if she wanted to make it personal she had the power and access to the resources to make it so.
Mere puff and boast I say.

Rheghead
07-Feb-13, 21:09
As much as there are conspiracy theories I can't see the logic in this one. Surely if she wanted to make it personal she had the power and access to the resources to make it so.
Mere puff and boast I say.

And she did.

Phill
07-Feb-13, 21:19
And she did.Errm, I'm obviously missing something here. :confused So why is Patrick Magee now walking around a free man if she was making things personal?

The Gibralter operation was authorised by the Gib polis and was an arrest operation that went tits up.

I still want to know if I get a day off though?

tonkatojo
07-Feb-13, 22:19
Yes we all owe a great debt to the blessed Margaret, the women was a politician, a non entity, who history has judged as an incompetent clown "saved" by a right wing media lapping up the ladys not for turning act....as for Callaghan get yer facts straight, compare growth, inflation, unemployment and borrowing 77 -79 to the ladys performance, oh and the labour administration of Wilson in 74 inherited the Barbour boom of the heath government where they ( the party of prudence ) let rip ( to buy votes ) and ran up the debts / inflation that forced the Wilson / Callaghan government to "borrow" from the IMF ( the money apparently was not needed....a civil service mistake in calculating suppposed debts )

The only politicians deserved of a statue were Llyod George ( social reforms ) and Churchill...as for the rest...how about a commemorative park bench...for the lot of them !!!!

Steady on Rob, There are some on here do not want those facts made public again.

Rheghead
07-Feb-13, 22:41
Errm, I'm obviously missing something here. :confused So why is Patrick Magee now walking around a free man if she was making things personal?

The Gibralter operation was authorised by the Gib polis and was an arrest operation that went tits up.

I still want to know if I get a day off though?

Brighton changed everything, Maggie decided to get tough.

The op was under Margaret's personal supervision, as were all SAS ops, it ws her shoot to kill policy that underpinned why there were dead IRA suspects. To say the op just went wrong was the easy cover-up.

golach
07-Feb-13, 23:10
I'm not drawing judgement whether they deserved it, but the rules of engagement were clearly broken.
Rules of engagement???? What rules of engagement were the IRA sticking to? They were terrorists operating in a foreign country, not even Ireland

Rheghead
07-Feb-13, 23:15
Rules of engagement???? What rules of engagement were the IRA sticking to? They were terrorists operating in a foreign country, not even Ireland

The rules of engagement that are under-pinned by the European court of Human Rights. In 1995, 5 years after Maggie left office, the European court of Human rights determined that the killing of IRA suspects was illegal.

If we break international conventions then we just become as bad as the IRA. It shouldn't be our way.

golach
07-Feb-13, 23:20
The rules of engagement that are under-pinned by the European court of Human Rights. In 1995, 5 years after Maggie left office, the European court of Human rights determined that the killing of IRA suspects was illegal.

If we break international conventions then we just become as bad as the IRA. It shouldn't be our way.

Ach your haverring again Rheg

Rheghead
07-Feb-13, 23:34
Ach your haverring again Rheg

Not really, shooting unarmed persons when they aren't an immediate danger to anyone is murder in any court.

I'm convinced that Maggies' shoot to kill tactics made the IRA leadership so tired of the conflict to keep going. Does the end justify the means? Do we need to play rough and outside the law sometimes?

golach
07-Feb-13, 23:41
Not really, shooting unarmed persons when they aren't an immediate danger to anyone is murder in any court.

I'm convinced that Maggies' shoot to kill tactics made the IRA leadership so tired of the conflict to keep going. Does the end justify the means? Do we need to play rough and outside the law sometimes?

my brother served in the Black Watch in the 60's on the Green line in Cyprus, being shot at by the Turks on one side and Makarios's terrorists on the other, they did not respect rules of engagement, he then joined the Argyle & Sutherland Highlander in Aden under Mad Mitch, again being shot at by arab terrorists who did not adhere to any code of conduct.
I have no time for pinko liberalist protesters, who hide behind them in the European court of Human Rights

Rheghead
07-Feb-13, 23:57
On the contrary, having institutions like the European court of Human Rights actually undermines the support for terrorist organisations in the countries which have them. It is the terrorists that have anything to fear from such organisations by bringing them to justice.

Acting outside the law may only serve to fuel support for terrorism, in the middle east, I think that may already be happening.

Flynn
08-Feb-13, 00:16
I have no time for pinko liberalist protesters,

You are aware it's no longer the 1950s and McCarthy is long dead?

M Swanson
08-Feb-13, 00:22
They hurt her at Brighton so she took personal revenge. Does that make us morally better?

So, perhaps you can show us the evidence that this was all premeditated by MH, Rheg?

it was her shoot to kill policy that underpinned why there were dead IRA suspects. To say the op just went wrong was the easy cover-up.

Right! So from which party do you think the Tory's inherited the shoot-to-kill policy Rheg? Hmmmmm!

Yes, but of course the jury at the inquest in Gibraltar decided that the three IRA terrorists were "lawfully killed." Also, although the ECHR ruled the killings "illegal," they also denied the families claims for compensation, because the three had been engaged in an act of terrorism. There's evidence to prove it, obviously. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. These were fanatics who were prepared to die themselves and take as many others with them as possible. It wasn't known if they had weapons, (it would have been quite usual), so would you have risked your life and possibly the lives of others, if they had had a detonator?

secrets in symmetry
08-Feb-13, 00:23
As for Alex Salmond, I would rather wish him an unusual longevity, so that when he wakes until when he sleeps each day, for many years and hopefully decades ahead, he may enjoy the longer-term consequences of Independence.He wouldn't need unusual longevity - it would all go wrong very quickly, which is why no-one of sane mind will vote for his lunatic plan for secession.

Phill
08-Feb-13, 07:30
Brighton changed everything, Maggie decided to get tough.The op was under Margaret's personal supervision, as were all SAS ops, it ws her shoot to kill policy that underpinned why there were dead IRA suspects. To say the op just went wrong was the easy cover-up.Conspiracy theory to try and fit a political bias. If she wanted to engage in a personal illegal war she could have and with a wider impact and a stronger outcome.

Flynn
08-Feb-13, 09:19
Conspiracy theory to try and fit a political bias. If she wanted to engage in a personal illegal war she could have and with a wider impact and a stronger outcome.

Pat Finucane.

Rheghead
08-Feb-13, 09:48
Conspiracy theory to try and fit a political bias. If she wanted to engage in a personal illegal war she could have and with a wider impact and a stronger outcome.

Not a conspiracy theory, I'll debunk a good conspiracy theory as you probably know. I won't deny you your right to think it is one if you want.

M Swanson
08-Feb-13, 10:21
So, perhaps you can show us the evidence that this was all premeditated by MH, Rheg?

Right! So from which party do you think the Tory's inherited the shoot-to-kill policy Rheg? Hmmmmm!

Yes, but of course the jury at the inquest in Gibraltar decided that the three IRA terrorists were "lawfully killed." Also, although the ECHR ruled the killings "illegal," they also denied the families claims for compensation, because the three had been engaged in an act of terrorism. There's evidence to prove it, obviously. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. These were fanatics who were prepared to die themselves and take as many others with them as possible. It wasn't known if they had weapons, (it would have been quite usual), so would you have risked your life and possibly the lives of others, if they had had a detonator?

Not a conspiracy theory, I'll debunk a good conspiracy theory as you probably know. I won't deny you your right to think it is one if you want.

How about your conspiracy theory on why MH ordered the shooting of three IRA terrorists, Rheg. The silence is deafening. :lol:

Rheghead
08-Feb-13, 10:26
How about your conspiracy theory on why MH ordered the shooting of three IRA terrorists, Rheg. The silence is deafening. :lol:

Self explanatory really, all anti terrorism SAS ops are under direct control of PM. It was her shoot to kill policy following Brighton, it isn't rocket science.

Like it was her orders in the Iranian Embassy siege that there should be no survivors to tell a tale. But there was one who mingled with the embassy staff and they couldn't exactly execute him in front of the world's camers. All the others were executed inside. Not my account but the words of ex SAS. Job done.

M Swanson
08-Feb-13, 10:28
Self explanatory really, all anti terrorism SAS ops are under direct control of PM. It was her shoot to kill policy following Brighton, it isn't rocket science.

LOL. So easy, you can't answer the questions! Try again, Rheg! :D I'll settle for the evidence; any evidence that links MH's experience in the Brighton atrocity to her decision to impose the shoot-to-kill order.

M Swanson
08-Feb-13, 10:37

Like it was her orders in the Iranian Embassy siege that there should be no survivors to tell a tale. But there was one who mingled with the embassy staff and they couldn't exactly execute him in front of the world's camers. All the others were executed inside. Not my account but the words of ex SAS. Job done.

Ah! The old trick of not being able to answer one silly conspiracy theory, so let's introduce another that may help to dig us out of a hole; even though they're are not related in anyway. Try again, Rheg. Show us the evidence that what happened in Gibraltar was linked to MH's experience in Brighton? :cool:

Rheghead
08-Feb-13, 10:41
Ah! The old trick of not being able to answer one silly conspiracy theory, so let's introduce another that may help to dig us out of a hole; even though they're are not related in anyway. Try again, Rheg. Show us the evidence that what happened in Gibraltar was linked to MH's experience in Brighton? :cool:

Well if you can't reason then tough for you. What do you want? A signed confession?

M Swanson
08-Feb-13, 10:47
Whilst you're pondering on that one, Rheg, let's just take a brief look at the facts, shall we?

1. Were they known IRA terrorists? - Yes.

2. Did they have the componenets of a bomb, to include Semtex, in their possession? - Yes

3. Would it have been unusual for such people to carry firearms? - No

4. Could they have been carrying a detonator? - Yes

5. Were they on a mission to kill and maim folks, in the most barbaric way? - Yes

Flynn
08-Feb-13, 10:48
. Show us the evidence that what happened in Gibraltar was linked to MH's experience in Brighton? :cool:

There's more evidence for Thatcher's shoot-to-kill policy than there is for the existence of a 'god', but you believe that.

M Swanson
08-Feb-13, 10:49
Well if you can't reason then tough for you. What do you want? A signed confession?

Oh! No, Rheg. Just for you to prove the statement that you made, that's all! Seems fair and reasonable to me! But if you can't, you can't. ;)

Flynn
08-Feb-13, 10:53
Oh! No, Rheg. Just for you to prove the statement that you made, that's all! Seems fair and reasonable to me! But if you can't, you can't. ;)

Prove she didn't.

Rheghead
08-Feb-13, 10:55
Whilst you're pondering on that one, Rheg, let's just take a brief look at the facts, shall we?

1. Were they known IRA terrorists? - Yes. Yes they were, no issue there.

2. Did they have the componenets of a bomb, to include Semtex, in their possession? - Yes No, not on their possession

3. Would it have been unusual for such people to carry firearms? - No No, but the SAS did not see any and they weren't threaten to make their life in danger

4. Could they have been carrying a detonator? - Yes Yes they could, a detonator is just a switch, not exactly lethal.

5. Were they on a mission to kill and maim folks, in the most barbaric way? - YesMy opinion is that they probably were,that is my opinion, not fact, but that does not mean they should be denied a fair trial.

You talk about evidence and facts as if it is a throwaway.

M Swanson
08-Feb-13, 10:56
Ah! The old someone's guilty until proved innocent jobbie, so favoured by you and your ilk, Flynn. Get away! :roll:

M Swanson
08-Feb-13, 10:59

LOL. You state the conspiracy theory, without any evidence, and then state I'M guilty of throwing something away? Sheesh! :roll:

Catch ya later Rheg. My public awaits me. [lol]

Rheghead
08-Feb-13, 11:04
My public awaits me. [lol]

You ARE Nigel Farage! :lol:

secrets in symmetry
08-Feb-13, 11:26
I would support a state funeral for Jessica-George Osborne - can we have it this weekend?

Similarly for Ogreck....

rob murray
08-Feb-13, 11:43
LOL. Worra loada absolute doofers. History, huh? More like the Beano & Dandy! :lol:

Mr / Mrs Swanson..stick to the Beano / Dandy...the only doofers I read on here is your non sensical garbage !!!

Flynn
08-Feb-13, 11:47

The 'bomb' did not have a radio controlled detonator. It had a timer.

rob murray
08-Feb-13, 11:47
LOL. You state the conspiracy theory, without any evidence, and then state I'M guilty of throwing something away? Sheesh! :roll:

Catch ya later Rheg. My public awaits me. [lol]

Look, simple facts...only one prime minister post was was given a state funeral..why give her one...what has she done to deserve one ? Consult yer back copies of the Beano and Dandy please for your answer. Yer public await you...aye right lol lol lol

Phill
08-Feb-13, 12:19
Not a conspiracy theory, I'll debunk a good conspiracy theory as you probably know. I won't deny you your right to think it is one if you want.You say conspiracy theory, I say tomato...... errr......

I don't get the personal link. She wanted to get tough, OK, she got tough on everyone & everything. But if it was a personal vendetta why wasn't Patrick Magee disappeared to a quiet, anonymous, unidentified office in Whitehall and she could have pulled his fingernails out herself.
For a 'shoot to kill' operation it seems a lot of hard work and trouble to do such a thing in another territory when there was ample ability do such in Nothern Ireland.

Phill
08-Feb-13, 12:20
You ARE Nigel Farage! :lol:#Faragemania
Yeay!

Flynn
08-Feb-13, 12:22

2. Did they have the componenets of a bomb, to include Semtex, in their possession? - Yes

4. Could they have been carrying a detonator? - Yes

No and no. They were unarmed when executed. The bomb had a timer, not a remote detonator.

Rheghead
08-Feb-13, 12:32
You say conspiracy theory, I say tomato...... errr......

I don't get the personal link. She wanted to get tough, OK, she got tough on everyone & everything. But if it was a personal vendetta why wasn't Patrick Magee disappeared to a quiet, anonymous, unidentified office in Whitehall and she could have pulled his fingernails out herself.
For a 'shoot to kill' operation it seems a lot of hard work and trouble to do such a thing in another territory when there was ample ability do such in Nothern Ireland.

OK, as I indicatd before irt Iranian embassy, it depends on the way he was apprehended, too many witnesses will preclude an execution, but did he turn Queen's evidence? :roll:

M Swanson
08-Feb-13, 17:35
You ARE Nigel Farage! :lol:

:lol: Am I? I'm flattered, Rheg. Gonna vote for me at the next General Election? You won't regret it. :lol:

Rheghead
08-Feb-13, 19:56
:lol: Am I? I'm flattered, Rheg. Gonna vote for me at the next General Election? You won't regret it. :lol:

Nah, his views on climate change are pretty derelict.

M Swanson
08-Feb-13, 21:06
I know nothing about that Rheg, nor do I care overmuch. Wasn't he a fan of MH, just like the Blair One? I note you no longer think he is me. Guess that's my fifteen minutes of fame over. Shame, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. :D

Rheghead
08-Feb-13, 21:08
I know nothing about that Rheg, nor do I care overmuch.

Yep, that is the main problem.

M Swanson
08-Feb-13, 21:18
Nah! No good worrying about something neither I, nor Man, can change. You'll live out your three score years and ten, I promise you. If not more ...........! :cool:

M Swanson
08-Feb-13, 21:30
No and no. They were unarmed when executed. The bomb had a timer, not a remote detonator.

Yes and Yes. Yes, they did possess bomb-making paraphernalia. It was in a second vehicle, which was rented by Savage and the keys for it were found in Farrells' handbag. They obviously intended committing a terrible atrocity and the security forces acted on the intelligence they had. I'm glad they were stopped before they could go on their murderous way.

The IRA were known to have employed remote control detonators. This was a very real possibility and our forces acted on it. Fortunately, the slaughter of people was stopped. That's the important issue to me.

Rheghead
08-Feb-13, 21:31
Nah! No good worrying about something neither I, nor Man, can change. You'll live out your three score years and ten, I promise you. If not more ...........! :cool:

At least you're honest about not knowing anything about it.

M Swanson
08-Feb-13, 21:32
At least you're honest about not knowing anything about it.

So I'm wrong and we're all not long for this world, Rheg?

golach
09-Feb-13, 11:39
At least when Thatcher dies there won't be any need to build memorials. There are already loads all over Britain.....

Job centers