PDA

View Full Version : NCIS and its Caithness connection

scorpion
05-Feb-13, 13:35
Just been watching an episode of NCIS , the episode was called Hiatus and it was the second part of the season 3 finale . In the episode , Agent Gibbs played by Mark Harman is in hospital after being caught in a bomb blast and is suffering from memory loss as well as other injuries .He is visited by Dr Mallard ( Ducky ) played by David Mcallum who when realising that Gibbs does not remember him says that he is very disappointed because the only time in his life he had ever been forgotten was by his mother when he was a baby and they travelled on the ferry from Orkney to John O Groats and his mum was on the bus half way to Thurso when she remembered him . Didnt expect to hear that on an American crime series !!!!

Duncansby
05-Feb-13, 14:20
Another USA show that mentions Caithness is Supernatural in season 6 one of the characters is said to have been from Canisbay. I was laughing though when they showed 'Canisbay' - it would seem Americans think Scotland is all mountains and castles ;)

ducati
05-Feb-13, 20:20
Another USA show that mentions Caithness is Supernatural in season 6 one of the characters is said to have been from Canisbay. I was laughing though when they showed 'Canisbay' - it would seem Americans think Scotland is all mountains and castles ;)

There are at least 5 castles within 10 miles of Canisbay so they are 1/2 right. :lol:

joxville
05-Feb-13, 20:20
Scorpion, I saw that episode about a month ago, however if you are a regular viewer of NCIS you find David McCallum quite often mentions Scottish places. He's never forgotten his roots and promotes scotland whenever possible.

Duncansby
05-Feb-13, 21:08
There are at least 5 castles within 10 miles of Canisbay so they are 1/2 right. :lol:

Haha well put and I am very aware of that. What I should have written was "Scotland is just mountains and castles" rather than "all mountains and castles"

Oddquine
05-Feb-13, 22:01
Scorpion, I saw that episode about a month ago, however if you are a regular viewer of NCIS you find David McCallum quite often mentions Scottish places. He's never forgotten his roots and promotes scotland whenever possible.

But I do wish he had learned how to pronounce Craigellachie! It makes me cringe every time I watch the regular repeats.