PDA

View Full Version : income support

the original ducky
02-Jan-07, 16:25
i have a bee in my bonet e day as you can tell from my threads he he.
i was talking to day to a friend and her partner is working part time shes not working so they only have there income coming in and what ever else they get. however i was sure that if you earned a set amout threw a working year the if one partner is working then the other can claim income support is this true.
some times i am to nosie for my own good. hannah xxx

young
02-Jan-07, 17:24
i have a bee in my bonet e day as you can tell from my threads he he.
i was talking to day to a friend and her partner is working part time shes not working so they only have there income coming in and what ever else they get. however i was sure that if you earned a set amout threw a working year the if one partner is working then the other can claim income support is this true.
some times i am to nosie for my own good. hannah xxx

no you only get income support i think if you are a single parent and not working. If your partner is working and you are not you get child tax credits if you have kids and also get working families tax credits

Piglet
02-Jan-07, 19:23
aa couple of years ago my sister wasn't working but her husband was & she got income support it wasn't a lot but it was better than nothing.

Unless things have changed i would say to her to ask just in case they are entitled to it.

young
02-Jan-07, 19:34
check the benefits agency website

www.dwp.gov.uk (http://www.dwp.gov.uk)

income support is for lone parents,sick/disabled,60 or over,registered blind or you are a carer for someone who is disabled.