PDA

View Full Version : Millions hand out

Winifred
04-Feb-13, 17:55
According to todays (4/2/13) issue of the Daily Mail migrants are handed £1m. a week for children back home who are not even here. Surely something should be done about this.

Southern-Gal
04-Feb-13, 18:03
Is this in the form of tax credits for having a low paid job here?

Phill
04-Feb-13, 18:06
Yes I agree. Something should be done, Stop reading the Daily Wail.

Shaggy
04-Feb-13, 18:12
Yes I agree. Something should be done, Stop reading the Daily Wail.

LOLOLOLOLOL nice one [lol]

M Swanson
04-Feb-13, 18:39
LOL. Yeap! Let's impose even more censorship than we have already! That would be an intelligent move! :lol:

A million a week is a vast sum of money and on the surface, it's not too difficult to understand why 23, of the 27 EU member states will only cough up for children actually resident in their country. But there again, it's probably more cost effective to send the money abroad. I've no problem with that.

sids
04-Feb-13, 18:44
LOL. Yeap! Let's impose even more censorship than we have already! That would be an intelligent move! :lol:

Is not reading it a form of censorship?

I don't read the "International Spanker" either.

M Swanson
04-Feb-13, 18:49
Is not reading it a form of censorship?

I don't read the "International Spanker" either.

Yes, you're right Sids. There are many though, who believe the Mail should be banned. ;) I can't remember ever buying one myself and I wouldn't mind betting that 99% of those who criticise the paper read it, online, more often than I do. They sure seem to know a lot about the articles. They'll never admit it, though. :lol:

"International Spanker's," a new one on me. Should I Google it? Nah! It ain't my bag. LOL

Phill
04-Feb-13, 19:06
Not censorship at all. Just some good common sense and a way of getting some perspective and reality back into your life.

M Swanson
04-Feb-13, 19:18
Not censorship at all. Just some good common sense and a way of getting some perspective and reality back into your life.

So where's that to be found, Phil? Actually, I don't know how much "reality," you live with in Wick. Unlike my good self, who is surrounded by it. :D

Rheghead
04-Feb-13, 19:44
The Daily Mail and other rightwing broadsheets,in my opinion, are just a big wind up. They're not interested in factual accuracy or context. They prey on our fear of sensitive issues just to get us to buy the lies. Lies sell newspapers but the truth gets a small printed apology on the bottom of page 27, if we're lucky.

Flynn
04-Feb-13, 20:07
M Swanson has made Youtube today: http://youtu.be/EN-8DgAbfek

riggerboy
04-Feb-13, 20:17
Being arrested for telling the truth, aye thats the freedom of Britain eh,

M Swanson
04-Feb-13, 20:38
M Swanson has made Youtube today: http://youtu.be/EN-8DgAbfek

I cannot tell a lie .... it was I. [lol] I really am that young and don't have a silver hair on my head! I'm wearing so well! Chase me Flynn. :lol:

BTW. Care to tell us where you first read this story? ;)

Flynn
04-Feb-13, 20:43
Being arrested for telling the truth, aye thats the freedom of Britain eh,

She has been charged with assault on a police officer, two counts of racially aggravated assault and two charges of assault.

Too right she was arrested, and a good thing too.

Phill
04-Feb-13, 21:29
So where's that to be found, Phil? Actually, I don't know how much "reality," you live with in Wick. Unlike my good self, who is surrounded by it. :DOh! :eek:
Thought Southsea was (almost) surrounded by water. Where does reality stop then, Basingstoke or does it get as far as the Watford gap?

Rheghead
05-Feb-13, 00:39
According to todays (4/2/13) issue of the Daily Mail migrants are handed £1m. a week for children back home who are not even here. Surely something should be done about this.

A clear analysis of the the Daily Mail article.

http://fullfact.org/factchecks/foreigners_receiving_child_benefit_whats_the_bill-28749

golach
05-Feb-13, 00:46
The government is graciously giving me a £15.32 monthly increase to my State pension from April , am I included in the Millions hand out?

Alrock
05-Feb-13, 01:17
It's been pointed out that the UK is one of a minority of EEA countries that allows parents to claim benefits for their children even if they're resident in another country

Don't blame the immigrants, the Government is throwing the money at them & all they are doing is exactly what most (from the pensioner with their free TV licence to the millionaires with their tax loopholes) would do, taking it....
Blame the Government for giving it to them in the first place.

Aaldtimer
05-Feb-13, 03:57
I'm a pensioner, but I still pay for my TV licence. I'm not sure , but I think you have to be at least 75 before it's free.

Phill
05-Feb-13, 07:59
Don't blame the immigrants, the Government is throwing the money at them & all they are doing is exactly what most (from the pensioner with their free TV licence to the millionaires with their tax loopholes) would do, taking it....Blame the Government for giving it to them in the first place.Actually Brussels has given it to them, the UK is just complying with the regulations.
If people no likey, ranty at your MEP (or stop reading the daily wail).
To save drifting this thread I've added another point here (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?196617-Question-Time-Lancaster-audience-suggest-dumping-English-nuclear-waste-in-Scotland...&p=1005654#post1005654).

Flynn
05-Feb-13, 09:57
I'm a pensioner, but I still pay for my TV licence. I'm not sure , but I think you have to be at least 75 before it's free.

Good luck with that. Osborne is considering scrapping free bus passes, the winter fuel payment, and free TV licences for the over 75s.

golach
05-Feb-13, 10:34
Good luck with that. Osborne is considering scrapping free bus passes, the winter fuel payment, and free TV licences for the over 75s.

Osbourne has nothing to do with bus passes in Scotland, it was Jack McConnell that introduced the concessionary travel passes under devolution. And concessionary bus passes are not only for the over 60's
http://www.transportscotland.gov.uk/public-transport/concessionary-travel

M Swanson
05-Feb-13, 11:37

Like everybody in the universe, I'm "considering," lots of things for the future, but I shan't be silly enough to publish my thoughts until I arrive at a decision. Until then, with particular reference to Osborne, it's just idle speculation and muck-raking, which I'm not into. Let's wait and see and then take to our keyboards, huh? :roll:

George Brims
05-Feb-13, 22:13
The Daily Mail and other rightwing broadsheets...
Silly Rheghead. The Mail is a right wing TABLOID.

Rheghead
05-Feb-13, 23:21
Silly Rheghead. The Mail is a right wing TABLOID.

Whatever...

Flynn
06-Feb-13, 09:57
Like everybody in the universe, I'm "considering," lots of things for the future, but I shan't be silly enough to publish my thoughts until I arrive at a decision. Until then, with particular reference to Osborne, it's just idle speculation and muck-raking, which I'm not into. Let's wait and see and then take to our keyboards, huh? :roll:

In that case be very careful how you vote in 2015.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/pensioners-fuel-allowance-free-tv-licence-and-bus-passes-at-risk-as-downing-street-admits-pledge-to-protect-them-only-applies-until-2015-8477428.html

M Swanson
06-Feb-13, 10:30
Thanks for the heads-up Flynn. At the present time, I'm politically homeless and looking for somewhere to rest my head. ;)