PDA

View Full Version : Android Tablet

piratelassie
01-Feb-13, 16:26
Having a problem getting started with my tablet. I am with AOL and when I put my hub password in the tablet it comes up as locked and say " authentication problem". In the user guide it tells me the network has been encrypted and I need a password before the connection can be established. When I first put it on I also had the choice of BT as well, but I reset the tablet and now only AOL comes up...What other password would I need..?

dx100uk
02-Feb-13, 03:33
prob the encryption method
there is setting to changed that to WPA2
which is what AOL hubs use

is your hub [router / internet box connected to your phone line } from BT or AOL?

dx

piratelassie
02-Feb-13, 23:11
I have limited knowledge of computers, but at some point WPA2 does appear on th tablet, we have a AOL hub and the phone line is with Talk Talk..

igglepiggle
04-Feb-13, 13:45
Our Aol connection has been down since Friday night and so has a lot of friends and family. I tried to phone and explain but informed me that it is a router problem! A new router will be sent out but I think it may be a problem with the exchange as everyone has the same problem?

Bobinovich
04-Feb-13, 13:50
If you're on the Thurso exchange then it may not be the router, but the broadband password - I posted an explanation here (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?196772-aol)

igglepiggle
06-Feb-13, 13:57
Brilliant thank you, I will try this tonight. After a 3hr phone call last time explaining that it is not the router I hope this call is better!!

Bobinovich
06-Feb-13, 16:07
If you do end up talking to a person (rather than the automated but much handier Username & Password Retrieval option) then just say you want to know what your Broadband Username & Password are - don't let them fob you off with 'What's the Make/Model/Operating System of your PC/Router' as they'll blame anything rather than admit they messed up :)!