PDA

View Full Version : Rbs fined £500.000.000 for libor fixing

sam09
31-Jan-13, 17:39
Royal Bank of Scotland have been fined £500.000.000 for fraudulantly fixing the LIBOR Rate and are now paying the section that commited the crime bonuses totaling £250.000.000.

Why has there been no criminal charges brought against these fraudsters.

The majority shareholders in this bank : Us the taxpayer.

macadamia
31-Jan-13, 17:51
Oh, don't let's all get our knickers in a twist. Look at it this way -

a) Population of the UK (while it still exists - lol) 60,000,000

b) Amount of fine - £500,000,000

c) Cost per individual - £8.34.

So, think about it. For the price of a cinema ticket or a couple of pints, you have personally ensured the stripping of Fred the Shed's knighthood, and also guaranteed that any major banker of any substance or culpability is from now on imprisoned within a high-security gated community in the UK or anywhere in the world, and will be watching over his shoulder for the rest of his life because, whether he is possessed of a conscience or not, he KNOWS he has caused enough harm by his greed for at least one person - it only takes one - who has been ruined by his bank to meet him in a dark place with some dark thoughts which may end up in what we might call a result.

The taxpayer has enough venom in its armoury to wipe out every overbonussed, smug, parasite banker who ever dared strip an asset: most of us can sit in the comfy seats with our bag of popcorn waiting for the drama to unfold.

"Barclays chief found dead in Playboy Resort". "Unusual death of Banker in High-Rise Tragedy". "Boeing Dreamliner carrying 150 Bankers crashes into Atlantic. No survivors."

Don't look over your shoulder, Mr Banker. There IS somebody there................

oldchemist
31-Jan-13, 18:06
Well I don't want to be paying £8.34 because of these incompetent criminals.

Kodiak
31-Jan-13, 20:05
Oh, don't let's all get our knickers in a twist. Look at it this way -

a) Population of the UK (while it still exists - lol) 60,000,000

b) Amount of fine - £500,000,000

c) Cost per individual - £8.34.

So, think about it. For the price of a cinema ticket or a couple of pints, you have personally ensured the stripping of Fred the Shed's knighthood, and also guaranteed that any major banker of any substance or culpability is from now on imprisoned within a high-security gated community in the UK or anywhere in the world, and will be watching over his shoulder for the rest of his life because, whether he is possessed of a conscience or not, he KNOWS he has caused enough harm by his greed for at least one person - it only takes one - who has been ruined by his bank to meet him in a dark place with some dark thoughts which may end up in what we might call a result.

The taxpayer has enough venom in its armoury to wipe out every overbonussed, smug, parasite banker who ever dared strip an asset: most of us can sit in the comfy seats with our bag of popcorn waiting for the drama to unfold.

"Barclays chief found dead in Playboy Resort". "Unusual death of Banker in High-Rise Tragedy". "Boeing Dreamliner carrying 150 Bankers crashes into Atlantic. No survivors."

Don't look over your shoulder, Mr Banker. There IS somebody there................

I do not think it would that way. It would not be the Population that would be paying, but the actual customers or clients of RBS and that will be way less than 60million.

I am Very glad I stopped my RBS account 10 years ago.

mi16
31-Jan-13, 22:28
Rbs shares will be a bargain now
Scratch that they are still up near 30% over the year

David Banks
01-Feb-13, 23:04
Just shows you - watch out for anything associated with "Royal"