PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Resturant in Thurso

Angel
30-Jan-13, 23:39
I believe there are plans to turn the old Maitlands paint shop into a vegan resturant. I think may be a good use for the building and give Thurso something different in the eating out stakes...
Also, The old Beggs shop in the precint is possibly going to be a organic health food shop...

What are your thoughs...

Angel...

ducati
30-Jan-13, 23:46
I'd give it a bash, although I'm not a fan of the very pretentious veggie restaurants that have been springing up in the last few years.

Rheghead
30-Jan-13, 23:53
I'm really interested in this if it comes off. I do a lot of vegan at home and it is fantastic food if it is done right. Much healthier alternative. I'm really interested in the health food shop as well.

MrChow
30-Jan-13, 23:56
Will the vegan menu have a carnivorous option? :D

squidge
30-Jan-13, 23:58
This sounds interesting - always like something different. I cook vegetarian sometimes and my darling husband always says its very nice but its lacking a bit of meat.

Kodiak
31-Jan-13, 00:56
As long as they do a Good Rib-Eye Steak then they should do well, :Razz

theone
31-Jan-13, 01:03
Good luck to both of them, but I do wonder if they're a bit "niche" for a small town like Thurso.

Any empty building getting used again is a good thing though.

Alrock
31-Jan-13, 01:03
Will the vegan menu have a carnivorous option? :grin:

As long as they do a Good Rib-Eye Steak then they should do well, :Razz

They should do... If normal restaurants are expected to provide a vegan option then by rights a vegan restaurant should be expected to provide a carnivore option....

macadamia
31-Jan-13, 01:08
Kodiak - I think you might be missing something here. Vegans are people from the Planet Vega, who think that only animals and animal products are caused harm by humans. What they've never done is put a very sensitive microphone next to a vegetable which is being chopped, sliced, or cored, and recorded the high-pitched but identifiable screams of agony. Here's the horror story. Plants have nervous systems too, and they might well feel the plant equivalent of pain. Have YOU killed or maimed a vegetable today? Nobody is innocent. Every time I hear a Vegan sounding off, my eyes narrow, and I whisper with controlled anger under my breath "You carrot-murderer!" or "You radish-ravisher!".

Very good for morale. I've never yet seen a healthy looking Vegan. Or one that laughs. :)

changilass
31-Jan-13, 01:09
They should do... If normal restaurants are expected to provide a vegan option then by rights a vegan restaurant should be expected to provide a carnivore option....

For a change, I find myself agreeing with you :)

Alrock
31-Jan-13, 01:24
For a change, I find myself agreeing with you :)

Don't worry, you'll get over it, I did after agreeing with Ducati the other day.... :lol:

ducati
31-Jan-13, 08:13
ooh I love this. Why do veggies/vegans make people angry? :confused I know, it's because they are different and don't conform. Xenophobia on a different scale, it's particularly noticable in Scotland, I don't know if that means anything?

RecQuery
31-Jan-13, 09:13
I don't think it's vegan, I think it's just vegetarian. Bit of a niche market especially up here, but good luck to them I suppose.

ooh I love this. Why do veggies/vegans make people angry? :confused I know, it's because they are different and don't conform. Xenophobia on a different scale, it's particularly noticable in Scotland, I don't know if that means anything?

Not sure if this was intentional again, but you're basically generalising and insulting all the people of Scotland... the same sort of xenophobia and attitude you said Scottish people had towards vegetarians/vegans.

Serenity
31-Jan-13, 09:38

How silly, first of all very few restaurants (especially around here) provide a vegan option. A lot provide a vegetarian option, and it is more economics to getting more diners than being "expected to". It makes sense a niche restaurant would not cater to all tastes.

ducati
31-Jan-13, 13:21
I don't think it's vegan, I think it's just vegetarian. Bit of a niche market especially up here, but good luck to them I suppose.

Not sure if this was intentional again, but you're basically generalising and insulting all the people of Scotland... the same sort of xenophobia and attitude you said Scottish people had towards vegetarians/vegans.

Purely an observation based on my experience in England and Scotland, but thank you for being offended. :D

changilass
31-Jan-13, 13:30
How silly, first of all very few restaurants (especially around here) provide a vegan option. A lot provide a vegetarian option, and it is more economics to getting more diners than being "expected to". It makes sense a niche restaurant would not cater to all tastes.

So if its economics to get more diners in (to provide a vegetarian option) why would it not be the same the other way round.

It would be nice to have a vegetarian restaurant, but you really want to exclude folks for the sake of having one or at most 2 non vegetarian options.

Families like to dine out together, to do this they are still going to have to go to the non vegetarian places in order for all to be able to enjoy.

Serenity
31-Jan-13, 14:04
So if its economics to get more diners in (to provide a vegetarian option) why would it not be the same the other way round.

It would be nice to have a vegetarian restaurant, but you really want to exclude folks for the sake of having one or at most 2 non vegetarian options.

Families like to dine out together, to do this they are still going to have to go to the non vegetarian places in order for all to be able to enjoy.

Well I think I said a reason in the post you replied to, and you do certainly get niche meat restaurants that do not do veggie options.
Also contamination may be a big issue to some vegetarians. They would prefer to eat in a place with no meat at all. Maybe the people owning it do not like cooking with meat. And there are plenty of people (myself included) who are not vegetarian but won't pass at having to pick a non meat option. So it isn't even as limiting.

Kodiak
31-Jan-13, 15:11
Personally if I was invited to go to a Vegetarian Restaurant I would NOT go unless I could be offered something to eat that was NOT Vegetarian. There is nothing stopping a Vegetarian Restaurant offering a Steak or something else for patrons who are not Vegetarian.

MerlinScot
31-Jan-13, 15:21
There is actually, Kodiak. A vegetarian restaurant (or vegan) offers particular menus for people with special dietary needs, whether they chose it or they actually can't eat some food.
You won't find meat near vegetables because in the kitchen meat could 'contaminate' the rest. If they do, then it is not really a vegan/vegetarian restaurant.
This is not the case in a 'normal' restaurant where supposedly the menu should offer a chance to eat to everybody and where the kitchen staff, from the head chef to the assistants, have the ability of preparing any kind of food properly.

Very happy to see someone wants to open a restaurant in Thurso though :)

Rheghead
31-Jan-13, 16:52

I think the clue is in the description, vegan. Normal restaurants don't market themselves as total meat or vegetable free, they are a mixed. No comparison sorry.

changilass
31-Jan-13, 17:14
The description is not always a clue, most indian restaurants do some non indian foods so that families can still go out together.

I'm just not sure that there is a big enough vegan population, with disposable income, to keep a venture like this going after the initial interest wears off.

ducati
31-Jan-13, 17:20
Personally if I was invited to go to a Vegetarian Restaurant I would NOT go unless I could be offered something to eat that was NOT Vegetarian. There is nothing stopping a Vegetarian Restaurant offering a Steak or something else for patrons who are not Vegetarian.

Very sensible K. I was at a veggie place recently and one of the party did nothing but moan the whole way through the meal spoiling it for everyone. Why would you go to a restaurant you know you won't enjoy? That is insane.

Rheghead
31-Jan-13, 17:53
The description is not always a clue, most indian restaurants do some non indian foods so that families can still go out together.

I'm just not sure that there is a big enough vegan population, with disposable income, to keep a venture like this going after the initial interest wears off.

I don't think it is the same comparison. I've been in one or two vegetarian indian reastaurants, and they market themselves as such, they even had a western veggie choice. If they served a meat option then they would be just a normal indian restaurant.

To me the whole idea of going to a different restaurant is to enjoy or try what is on offer. If you won't try or know you don't like then don't go. Simple really.

Duncansby
31-Jan-13, 18:38

I've lived in Scotland all of my live and I've never meet anyone that's been angered by veggies / vegans! What sort of people do you associate with :confused

I always think it's not the place it's the people you're with that are important - but that's just me.

Buttercup
31-Jan-13, 19:02
Property was still on the market in the Estate Agents today.:confused

ducati
31-Jan-13, 20:33
I've lived in Scotland all of my live and I've never meet anyone that's been angered by veggies / vegans! What sort of people do you associate with :confused

Have you read this thread? People are already angry.

Duncansby
31-Jan-13, 20:43
Have you read this thread? People are already angry.

Yes I have read the thread. I think we must have different dictionaries.

mirandarainbow
31-Jan-13, 20:47
Being a non meat or fish eater, it will be wonderful to go out to eat in Thurso and be able to have something other than the macaroni cheese and chips that restaurants seem to think is all they are obliged to offer us!

Bring it on new venture!

ducati
31-Jan-13, 20:50
Being a non meat or fish eater, it will be wonderful to go out to eat in Thurso and be able to have something other than the macaroni cheese and chips that restaurants seem to think is all they are obliged to offer us!

Bring it on new venture!

Too true! I refuse to eat the stuff. Especially when they want to charge 8 quid :eek:

Liz
31-Jan-13, 20:56

Bring it on new venture!

Exactly! I don't know where all the wonderful vegetarian options some orgers seem to think restaurants offer are?! They make no effort at all and vegetarians/vegans are treated as a minority or even a pest.
When looking through the Christmas Menus in the Groat there was a good variety of food for meat eaters and only one option for vegetarians. :(
So it would be wonderful if there was somewhere with lovely tasty vegan food.

fingalmacool
31-Jan-13, 21:24
I believe there is no meat in this story, I also believe the vegetarians don't like to meat people, so everyone will be lonely and all look pasty faced, but I'm all for a Korn on the Cob and some Tofu pudding:confused:confused

Rheghead
31-Jan-13, 21:36
So if we see a pasty meateater then we put it down to drink, drugs, lack of sun or summat else but when we see a pasty vegetarian we should put it down to a lack of meat?

secrets in symmetry
31-Jan-13, 23:30
Is there anywhere in Caithness that serves decent veggie nosh?

golach
31-Jan-13, 23:32
Is there anywhere in Caithness that serves decent veggie nosh?

Is there such a thing SiS?

Liz
31-Jan-13, 23:57
So if we see a pasty meateater then we put it down to drink, drugs, lack of sun or summat else but when we see a pasty vegetarian we should put it down to a lack of meat?
Aye I wonder what kind of diet a lot of the carnivores who berate vegetarians/vegans eat? A healthy well balanced diet without meat is certainly a lot better than a diet with meat which is full of junk and lack of fibre.

Is there such a thing SiS?

Aye there is as I eat it every day. :) Apart from not wanting to eat dead animals I would never want to go back to eating meat now. The thought makes me boke!

Dadie
01-Feb-13, 00:09
I do a "no meat" dinner every week at home, but, when out I like a steak /roast etc...
But do peruse the veggie options to see if anything takes my fancy ....but mac cheese or nut roast doesnt really do it for me!
(Im one of them that looks at the puds first before deciding if a starter is worth it)
But if there is a decent choice in menu options, the taste of the food,presentation of the food and texture of the dish should counteract the lack of meat.....not everyone eats meat everyday, but, it will take a lot to overcome the meat eaters perception that a steak(badly cooked ) is mandatory on a dinner out....I would rather a good veggie meal(a good veggie meal if a meat eater doesnt make you feel you are missing the meat) than a badly cooked lump of meat with bisto gravy any day when out!....

golach
01-Feb-13, 00:14
Aye there is as I eat it every day. :) Apart from not wanting to eat dead animals I would never want to go back to eating meat now. The thought makes me boke!

Liz, Snap! the thought of eating tofu and quorn makes me boak, But I will not hold that against you...each to their own

weestraw
01-Feb-13, 00:20
I am a regular meat eater but the best meals I have ever had have been in vegetarian restaurants. This attitude that "if they don't offer a meat option I won't go" is complete and utter nonsense and stems from an closed-minded viewpoint that seems to be ingrained in some people in this community.

Your argument is as ridiculous as saying that you won't go to an Italian restaurant unless they cook British food!

weestraw
01-Feb-13, 00:22
Liz, Snap! the thought of eating tofu and quorn makes me boak, But I will not hold that against you...each to their own

Golach, get out of the 1980s Quorn and tofu are not prerequisites of a vegetarian meal. Vegetarians are not necessarily after a meat replacement.

rogermellie
01-Feb-13, 00:40
Golach, get out of the 1980s Quorn and tofu are not prerequisites of a vegetarian meal. Vegetarians are not necessarily after a meat replacement.

here here, golach, you'd do well to check out Black Bo's in Edinburgh to update your thinking on vegetarian restaurants, once had the best meal i've ever had in there (filo parcels with peanut butter, blue cheese and grapes, sounds mingin, but tasted fantastic)

luskentyre
01-Feb-13, 00:46

You're missing the point completely. If a vegetarian restaurant offered a steak then it wouldn't be a vegetarian restaurant would it? Is that really a difficult concept to understand?

As a vegetarian I love the idea of being able to choose anything off the menu. The beauty of it is that non-vegetarians can also eat everything on the menu. A veggie restaurant is inclusive - not exclusive.

Personally I hope it takes off. Anything that gives diners a new experience can't be bad can it?

Kodiak
01-Feb-13, 00:49
I am a regular meat eater but the best meals I have ever had have been in vegetarian restaurants. This attitude that "if they don't offer a meat option I won't go" is complete and utter nonsense and stems from an closed-minded viewpoint that seems to be ingrained in some people in this community.

Your argument is as ridiculous as saying that you won't go to an Italian restaurant unless they cook British food!

No I disagree with you completely. When I go out for a meal I want to eat Meat, be it Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chicken or Venison, I want meat. I like meat as it is tasty, Juicy and it sits my Tummy very comfortably. I like nothing better than sinking my teeth into a Thick Rib-Eye Steak, Juicy, Tender and full of Beefy Flavour, YUM!

I have had a few Vegetarian meals, (I was put in a position where it would have been rude to say no), and everyone I have had has been terrible, completely tastsless and they made me feel ill. Also after an hour I was hungry again and had to go to a chippy for a sausager supper.

So no I will not go into a Vegan or Vegetarion Restaurant unless I can get something I like to eat and that is meat.

Also what is wrong in expecting an Italian Restaurant serving British Food, Some actually do you know, If Chinese and Indian Restaurants can and do offer British Food, why cant Italian?

sids
01-Feb-13, 00:52
What a hoot! It won't last a month.

golach
01-Feb-13, 00:55
here here, golach, you'd do well to check out Black Bo's in Edinburgh to update your thinking on vegetarian restaurants, once had the best meal i've ever had in there (filo parcels with peanut butter, blue cheese and grapes, sounds mingin, but tasted fantastic)

Peanut Butter????? BOAK!!!!!!!

Kodiak
01-Feb-13, 01:08

SHUDDER! Peanut Butter, anaphylactic shock here we come, Blue Cheese, Yuch with all those Microbes in it, no thanks not even if you paid me.

Now if it had been a nice Beef Wellington, now that is what you call tasty.

rogermellie
01-Feb-13, 01:11
hawd yer boak ya daft gowk, they have a varied menu, go and have a look and then report back ....

theone
01-Feb-13, 01:11
[QUOTE=Liz;1004426]Exactly! I don't know where all the wonderful vegetarian options some orgers seem to think restaurants offer are?! They make no effort at all and vegetarians/vegans are treated as a minority.............QUOTE]

I think they are, are they not? ;)

secrets in symmetry
01-Feb-13, 01:14
You're missing the point completely. If a vegetarian restaurant offered a steak then it wouldn't be a vegetarian restaurant would it? Is that really a difficult concept to understand?Apparently, it's a really difficult concept for some of our readers!

rogermellie
01-Feb-13, 01:24
SHUDDER! Peanut Butter, anaphylactic shock here we come, Blue Cheese, Yuch with all those Microbes in it, no thanks not even if you paid me.

Now if it had been a nice Beef Wellington, now that is what you call tasty.

beef wellington ?! when was the last time you had a beef wellington in a restaurant in Caithness ?!

rogermellie
01-Feb-13, 01:26
(and no jokes about the roast beef being as chewy as a rubber welly)

secrets in symmetry
01-Feb-13, 01:28
No I disagree with you completely. When I go out for a meal I want to eat Meat, be it Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chicken or Venison, I want meat. I like meat as it is tasty, Juicy and it sits my Tummy very comfortably. I like nothing better than sinking my teeth into a Thick Rib-Eye Steak, Juicy, Tender and full of Beefy Flavour, YUM!

I have had a few Vegetarian meals, (I was put in a position where it would have been rude to say no), and everyone I have had has been terrible, completely tastsless and they made me feel ill. Also after an hour I was hungry again and had to go to a chippy for a sausager supper.

So no I will not go into a Vegan or Vegetarion Restaurant unless I can get something I like to eat and that is meat.

Also what is wrong in expecting an Italian Restaurant serving British Food, Some actually do you know, If Chinese and Indian Restaurants can and do offer British Food, why cant Italian?Do you like horse meat?

Kodiak
01-Feb-13, 01:35
beef wellington ?! when was the last time you had a beef wellington in a restaurant in Caithness ?!

Now that would have been in December 2012 in the Ulbster Arms Hotel.

Kodiak
01-Feb-13, 01:36
Do you like horse meat?

Yes I do as I have eaten in France and it is very Tasty. Also back in 1970 I was put in the position where I had to Cat, Just like Rabbit it was and quite tasty.

ducati
01-Feb-13, 01:40

They do excellent veggie food too.

Kodiak
01-Feb-13, 01:48
They do excellent veggie food too.

So I am Told but I won't order or eat it, but they at least give their customers the option.

rogermellie
01-Feb-13, 01:50

ahh right, i'll shut up then

LMS
01-Feb-13, 08:25
What a hoot! It won't last a month.The shortest post has summed it up well!

I wish the venture all the luck going but there just isn't enough veggie trade up here. Normal restaurants are struggling just now so I can't see a niche venture lasting. I do hope to be eating these words in my nut roast next year, but I doubt it.

ducati
01-Feb-13, 10:00
The shortest post has summed it up well!

I wish the venture all the luck going but there just isn't enough veggie trade up here. Normal restaurants are struggling just now so I can't see a niche venture lasting. I do hope to be eating these words in my nut roast next year, but I doubt it.

Nut roast is a bit 20th century, in fact I'm sure I had a memo from the Veggie Popular Front banning it. BTW where do you get the info on how many vegans there are in Caithness?

focusRS
01-Feb-13, 10:42
I'm no vegan but I welcome this venture and wish it success. It will be grand to pop in and try something different and if it's delicious then who cares if it isn't meat. It will also create some much needed jobs.

Liz
01-Feb-13, 15:04

And that is your choice which you get plenty of in restaurants. As I said before vegans and vegetarians get no choice whatsoever so it would be wonderful to have a restaurant which provides this. As for them offering meat would you expect a Chinese Restaurant to offer you Indian food?

[QUOTE=Liz;1004426]Exactly! I don't know where all the wonderful vegetarian options some orgers seem to think restaurants offer are?! They make no effort at all and vegetarians/vegans are treated as a minority.............QUOTE]

I think they are, are they not? ;)

Ah well at least you never said we were a pest. :D

I'm no vegan but I welcome this venture and wish it success. It will be grand to pop in and try something different and if it's delicious then who cares if it isn't meat. It will also create some much needed jobs.

At last an orger who is openminded! About as rare as vegan meals. ;)

Alrock
01-Feb-13, 19:42
....About as rare as vegan meals. ;)

Not rare at all then.... I've yet to see a vegan meal that is dripping blood... lol

Kodiak
01-Feb-13, 21:35
As for them offering meat would you expect a Chinese Restaurant to offer you Indian food?

MMMM Interesting point and not really valid as Most Chinese Restaurants do offer Indian Dishes, ie Curry. After all Curry is a generic term primarily employed in Western culture to denote a wide variety of dishes whose origins are Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi & Sri Lankan.

Serenity
01-Feb-13, 22:01
MMMM Interesting point and not really valid as Most Chinese Restaurants do offer Indian Dishes, ie Curry. After all Curry is a generic term primarily employed in Western culture to denote a wide variety of dishes whose origins are Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi & Sri Lankan.Backing up a tenuous point with half of a wiki quote?

"Curry (pron.: /ˈkʌri/) (plural, Curries) is a generic term primarily employed in Western culture to denote a wide variety of dishes whose origins are Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan, Thai or other Southern and Southeastern Asian cuisines, as well as New World cuisines influenced by them such as Trinidadian or Fijian."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry

luskentyre
01-Feb-13, 22:52
Backing up a tenuous point with half of a wiki quote?

"Curry (pron.: /ˈkʌri/) (plural, Curries) is a generic term primarily employed in Western culture to denote a wide variety of dishes whose origins are Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan, Thai or other Southern and Southeastern Asian cuisines, as well as New World cuisines influenced by them such as Trinidadian or Fijian."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry

Ha Ha - well spotted! I bet he copied his homework as well...

secrets in symmetry
02-Feb-13, 01:34
Ha Ha - well spotted! I bet he copied his homework as well...Indeed - probably from Mr Chow!

secrets in symmetry
02-Feb-13, 15:16
The shortest post has summed it up well!

I wish the venture all the luck going but there just isn't enough veggie trade up here. Normal restaurants are struggling just now so I can't see a niche venture lasting. I do hope to be eating these words in my nut roast next year, but I doubt it.I hope you're wrong too. I also hope they don't have to pander to the carnivore tendency in order to keep it afloat.

A veggie restaurant in Caithness would be great. Good luck to whoever is doing it. :cool:

elastic band
02-Feb-13, 22:15
Would be absolutely delighted to have both in the town and would support them both. Have tasted some absolutely delicious vegan food and would be good to have a wider selection of tasty alternatives to both eat and shop.

Better Out Than In
07-Feb-13, 10:06
All this talk of food is making me hungry - now where did I leave my snare?

bunnies&chicks
09-Feb-13, 12:17
yum...I hope the restaurant happens as they can count me and my mum in, we dont bother to eat out much due to the lack of choices. Maybe there are more people than you think that will enjoy this type of cuisine who may not necessarily be die-hard veggies or vegans but would like a different choice than the usual macaroni cheese or baked potato with cheese :-) for a lunch or something.

Good luck to them and well done for having the drive to try something different.

Rheghead
22-Nov-13, 20:51
Is there any more news on the vegan restaurant?

orkneycadian
22-Nov-13, 23:13
..... and give Thurso something different in the eating out stakes...

Eating out stakes! (sic) - Yum! I love eating steaks out!

ducati
23-Nov-13, 08:13
Eating out stakes! (sic) - Yum! I love eating steaks out!

You are just upset because you can be replaced. :~(

Lavenderblue2
23-Nov-13, 12:09
Is there any more news on the vegan restaurant?

Rheghead, unless it was another venture, I have a feeling that this was restaurant was being planned for upstairs above the new Health Food Shop which opened in the old Graham Begg shop but when they started alterations a serious structural fault was discovered.... Now it's all on hold until the repairs are in place. :)

Angel
24-Nov-13, 00:44
The restaurant was due to be opened In the property above Carrots In Thurso by the same owners...this has been postponed as the property has shown some structural faults... the restaurant is still to be opened after all construction works have been completed... Carrots is about to open in a temp shop in the town centre...watch this space...Angel...

Rheghead
24-Nov-13, 00:49
The restaurant was due to be opened In the property above Carrots In Thurso by the same owners...this has been postponed as the property has shown some structural faults... the restaurant is still to be opened after all construction works have been completed... Carrots is about to open in a temp shop in the town centre...watch this space...Angel...

Thanks Angel. I'm looking forward to this!! I only thought about it after buying Alpro's Greek style yoghurt and thinking it was the best thing since sliced bread. lol

little red one
24-Nov-13, 10:53
Id give it a go! i love trying new foods and always like to 'try' something different when i eat out, its so boring eating the same old thing... I love a steak but tbh the fact that it costs so much to buy in a restaurant AND its so rarely cooked the way i ask for it id rather buy a top notch steak and cook it at home. As previously mentioned the restauants are suffering a bit right now and seeing as the protein part of a dish is generally the most expensive bit id be interestested in seeing the price list for this place, if it was a cheaper meal compared to a regular restaurant it could do well.

orkneycadian
24-Nov-13, 12:46
The restaurant was due to be opened In the property above Carrots In Thurso by the same owners...this has been postponed as the property has shown some structural faults

Sounds like it needs some protein in it to build it back up again!

ducati
24-Nov-13, 13:36
You would think as a food producer you would understand it a bit better?

Lavenderblue2
24-Nov-13, 16:40
Do you ever get the feeling yo are invisible :confused

Alrock
24-Nov-13, 16:44
Do you ever get the feeling yo are invisible :confused

Who said that?

Lavenderblue2
24-Nov-13, 18:38
:lol: Alrock, I tried to add to your reputation for making me laugh...but computer says NO!! :)