PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone signal

snow tiger
30-Jan-13, 19:59
Just wondered if anyone else in Thurso area having problems with Vodafone signal currently SOS only all day thanks.

billmoseley
30-Jan-13, 20:10
mine was down all day too must be the weather

Kodiak
30-Jan-13, 23:07
Yup it has been down all day. I contacted Vodafone to see if they knew how long it would take to reinstate the service. I was told that there was nothing wrong with the Network and it was working OK. The Lady in India said the problem was where I was and I was in the wrong location. To get the correct signal I should buy a Vodafone Sure Signal Box and I would have no more Problems.

When I told her that I had no intention of buy anything. she said to receive a Vodafone signal I would have to as I would not get a signal without a Sure Signal Box. I very quietly pointed out that I had been receiving a perfectly good signal for 10 years without a Sure Signal Box so why would I need one now. No Answer but I was switched to a Technical Advisor who told me that the network was down and that they had no idea how long it would take to get it up and running, but it could be tomorrow before it was back up.

So it could be long enough yet.

MrChow
30-Jan-13, 23:59
Yup it has been down all day. I contacted Vodafone to see if they knew how long it would take to reinstate the service. I was told that there was nothing wrong with the Network and it was working OK. The Lady in India said the problem was where I was and I was in the wrong location. To get the correct signal I should buy a Vodafone Sure Signal Box and I would have no more Problems.

When I told her that I had no intention of buy anything. she said to receive a Vodafone signal I would have to as I would not get a signal without a Sure Signal Box. I very quietly pointed out that I had been receiving a perfectly good signal for 10 years without a Sure Signal Box so why would I need one now. No Answer but I was switched to a Technical Advisor who told me that the network was down and that they had no idea how long it would take to get it up and running, but it could be tomorrow before it was back up.

So it could be long enough yet.

They really do have terrible customer service. I remember trying to get a quote for repairing my phone. Took almost 6 weeks between first contacting them and finally getting my phone fixed.

Swannie
31-Jan-13, 00:11
My signal went down this morning but returned around 4 pm. Its been fine since.

crashbandicoot1979
31-Jan-13, 10:21
I can't get a signal at home in Thurso but can get a signal at work (out in the country). I got a similar response to Kodiak - was told my phone must have a problem but both my work and personal phones are Vodafone, and neither of them are working in Thurso (heven't been workiing since Tuesday night).

Kodiak
31-Jan-13, 13:43
Still no Vodafone signal and that is well over 36 Hours now. BAH!

kendo
31-Jan-13, 18:03
just phoned vodaphone on these numbers
guy said to open a case, they knew it was down, but the more people who phoned the quicker they might fix it!!!!!!!!

08700 700191

08700 776655

Green_not_greed
31-Jan-13, 19:29
Yup, Vodaphone signal in Thurso has been pants for the past 2 days. Great outwith Thurso but not in the town. I've reported it too.......

castlehill
31-Jan-13, 22:57
According to their forums there are 3 seperate KW14 faults and they have no idea when any of them will be fixed.

MrChow
31-Jan-13, 23:53
We get a 2nd rate service from these phone companies in Thurso at the best of times. Have to pay the same tarriffs as customers down south who get a 3G signal.

Kodiak
31-Jan-13, 23:57
We get a 2nd rate service from these phone companies in Thurso at the best of times. Have to pay the same tarriffs as customers down south who get a 3G signal.

You are being generous there, more like 3rd Rate Service, that is when it works.

secrets in symmetry
01-Feb-13, 00:37
We get a 2nd rate service from these phone companies in Thurso at the best of times. Have to pay the same tarriffs as customers down south who get a 3G signal.What, in your opinion, makes it second rate?

Thumper
01-Feb-13, 14:47
I phoned up only to be told its only 3 g playing up and to switch my phone back to 2 g,doesnt seem to make any difference though!x

Torvaig
01-Feb-13, 16:13
I escaped from the perimeters of Thurso this morning and a few miles out my mobile came on: whoopee!

Huh, came back to Thurso and signal gone again but I did see a couple of likely looking vehicles out in the counytryside with some men working at the roadside verge. Let's hope they were looking for our signals!

MrChow
01-Feb-13, 18:33
What, in your opinion, makes it second rate?

Quality of the phone signal, even when it's at 100%, and the quality of the customer service.

snow tiger
01-Feb-13, 19:17
Spent ages on the phone today to vodafone to no avail, was told to switch to 3g and 2g, to make no difference, was told this afternoon that it might be fixed in 48hrs or it might take a week they would not commit to a fix time scale, asked to speak to a manager was told they are in a meeting all day, so asked to speak with a supervisor to be told there is not one there at the moment, I replied you have to have one or other on site, demanded a call back today and was told they cannot make out going calls, was told to phone back on Monday, I said I will be hoping for compensation.

MrChow
01-Feb-13, 20:50
Spent ages on the phone today to vodafone to no avail, was told to switch to 3g and 2g, to make no difference, was told this afternoon that it might be fixed in 48hrs or it might take a week they would not commit to a fix time scale, asked to speak to a manager was told they are in a meeting all day, so asked to speak with a supervisor to be told there is not one there at the moment, I replied you have to have one or other on site, demanded a call back today and was told they cannot make out going calls, was told to phone back on Monday, I said I will be hoping for compensation.

Heard this from someone else. Vodafone does not transmit a 3G signal in Thurso at all.

secrets in symmetry
02-Feb-13, 01:25
Quality of the phone signal, even when it's at 100%, and the quality of the customer service.Doesn't that make it third rate, or fourth rate, or worse?

kendo
02-Feb-13, 10:17
Spoke to someone else , who couldn't tell me any more other than they will compensate when the signal comes back. You have to contact vodaphone and they will give you money back for the time you didn't get to use your phone.

EOS
02-Feb-13, 10:53
They really do have terrible customer service. I remember trying to get a quote for repairing my phone. Took almost 6 weeks between first contacting them and finally getting my phone fixed.

Called last night about 18.00
Recieved a call back within 5 minutes the woman explained that a mast had been damaged due to the storm and they were working to repair it but she could not give me a timescale.

What more do you want. No mobile for a couple of days it's hardly the end of the world stuff

ljb
02-Feb-13, 16:34
i spoke to vodafone who said signal would be interrupted for possibly next few days due to upgrading the network ready for 4G which should be with us shortly and have promised a better signal after that , it has been off due to this upgrade and not the weather as i first thought .hope that helps

snow tiger
02-Feb-13, 16:49
Called last night about 18.00Recieved a call back within 5 minutes the woman explained that a mast had been damaged due to the storm and they were working to repair it but she could not give me a timescale.What more do you want. No mobile for a couple of days it's hardly the end of the world stuffEOS it is a problem when people are using their mobile to run a business.

Serenity
02-Feb-13, 17:11
Called last night about 18.00Recieved a call back within 5 minutes the woman explained that a mast had been damaged due to the storm and they were working to repair it but she could not give me a timescale.What more do you want. No mobile for a couple of days it's hardly the end of the world stuffIF that is true then fair enough (although as has been said some people do rely on mobiles but if it is for business they should have a business plan which I hope Vodafone will compensate better for). But I think what most people would want is the truth. 4th day now, took them ages to admit there even was a problem and then everyone got different stories about was was causing it.

captain chaos
02-Feb-13, 17:21
Vodafone upgrade to 4G don't make me laugh, as far as I am aware they have never upgraded any equipment in Caithness to 3G yet let alone 4G,

Thumper
02-Feb-13, 17:44
Total farce,my son is on the phone to them right now,assured no problem with signal,just his phone,even though we have told them about the complaints on their forum and this one,they insist its just a glitch with the phone!everyone you speak to gives a different story,and nobody gives a toss anyway,just took out a new contract with them,wish I hadn't! X

colingel
02-Feb-13, 17:47
Our Bt phones came back on at 4.10

secrets in symmetry
02-Feb-13, 17:53
Total farce,my son is on the phone to them right now,assured no problem with signal,just his phone,even though we have told them about the complaints on their forum and this one,they insist its just a glitch with the phone!everyone you speak to gives a different story,and nobody gives a toss anyway,just took out a new contract with them,wish I hadn't! XDid they not tell you it's a problem with your burrow being too deep?

I've only ever phoned Vodafone customer service once - on the day I bought my phone. I've had no problems since I joined them.

Kodiak
02-Feb-13, 18:16
i spoke to vodafone who said signal would be interrupted for possibly next few days due to upgrading the network ready for 4G which should be with us shortly and have promised a better signal after that , it has been off due to this upgrade and not the weather as i first thought .hope that helps

I do not believe a word of it, 4G HA! There is NO 3G let alone a upgrade to 4G. [evil]

Now the Good News and that is The Signal is back and I have a good signal on both my Phones, as do my Wife and Son. Hopefully it will stay that way.

secrets in symmetry
02-Feb-13, 20:18
I do not believe a word of it, 4G HA! There is NO 3G let alone a upgrade to 4G. [evil]
I'm sceptical too. I haven't detected 3G from Vodafone in Caithness - ever! Perhaps they're skipping a technology generation - you never know....

gollach
05-Feb-13, 18:25
Useless company. No signal in Thurso again!

snow tiger
05-Feb-13, 20:38
Mine down also, fed up with it now I have been back on the phone, only to be told call back tomorrow.

gollach
13-Feb-13, 22:45
Off again. How can they have the cheek to collect direct debits?

colingel
13-Feb-13, 22:51
Just moved to Orange from BT and have signal tonight (Not like the other times Vodaphone went down ) And also seem to get 3G some times