PDA

View Full Version : Spoons

dirdyweeker
31-Dec-06, 10:07
Been for a meal to 'Spoons' on Thursday night and yet again the "heaters" were out in force. This is the second time recently I have been there and it has been cold and heated with portable heaters. What has happened to their heating, anyone enlighten me?

DarkAngel
31-Dec-06, 14:44
Someone said to me that their heating has broken down..I was there on friday with a few mates for dinner and the hallogen heaters were goin full blast...I should have brought my sunglasses it was that bright!!

katarina
31-Dec-06, 15:04
we usually try to sit beside the fire, but even it wasn't on on Friday. We had to keep out scarfs and coats on - of course I was not partacing of any internal heating.

highlander2222
31-Dec-06, 16:22
Been for a meal to 'Spoons' on Thursday night and yet again the "heaters" were out in force. This is the second time recently I have been there and it has been cold and heated with portable heaters. What has happened to their heating, anyone enlighten me?

The firm that put the heating has gone bust

DarkAngel
31-Dec-06, 16:36
O rite..Shame that they couldnt have done something more about the heating by now..Never mind i still like goin there, Will just have to keep on the jacket scarf n gloves! :lol:

Nivelo
31-Dec-06, 17:50
The heating company is not bust. They keep making up excuses and say they are waiting for parts and just playing us around. The last time they came a couple of weeks ago and it worked for 2 hours, then it broke. By that point they had already ed off.

But Tim Martin (bloke who started wetherspoons) was in yesterday morning and had said to us that he will be taking up the matter personally. So hopefully it should get them to fix it.

E,C,G is the heating company, and there paying for the rental of the temp heaters, which is costing them over £1000 a week. So they better get a move on if they want to keep the cost down.

DarkAngel
31-Dec-06, 18:19
Take it you work there Nivelo? Shame that its not getting fixed properly..I dont mind it bein that cold but some eldery people will. The heaters thats there just now do give off alot of heat they are just really bright..Gld to hear its getting fixed soon!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/dpwells/Animations/New%20Year/newyears1xn.gif

dirdyweeker
31-Dec-06, 21:32
the heaters that are there only seem to give off heat if you are sitting in front of them. I guess at this time of year we will just need to partake of a little more liquid refreshment to stave off the cold!

DarkAngel
31-Dec-06, 21:53
I guess at this time of year we will just need to partake of a little more liquid refreshment to stave off the cold!

Is that of the spirit kind? Or a good old cuppa?

I know what id be having!!:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/dpwells/Animations/New%20Year/GlassOfChampagne.gif

Nivelo
31-Dec-06, 22:21
yeah, it's a bit rediculous now but it's good to know that someone at the very top of the company knows whats going on unlike some companies

badger
01-Jan-07, 15:23
It's actually quite consoling to know that even a company as large as that can have problems with CH installations - not just us lesser mortals. Feel better about mine now :o)