PDA

View Full Version : RS Waters RIP

bagpuss
31-Dec-06, 01:04
What happened to the antique dealer who was setting up in RS Waters old place? It's been boarded up for ages.

And is it true that there's a furniture shop opening up in what used to be Picture This? I was told that the building was going to be turned into flats

catherine nicol
31-Dec-06, 02:36
What happened to the antique dealer who was setting up in RS Waters old place? It's been boarded up for ages.

And is it true that there's a furniture shop opening up in what used to be Picture This? I was told that the building was going to be turned into flats

I was in Wick today and didn't even notice that RS Waters was boarded up.

I am still in shock that Bridgend Supplies is closed as I used to go there for loads of stuff. Hope that someone takes this place over as it is saddly missed.

Heard that Matalan has bought the Wick Sommerfield (heard that in Thurso Sommerfield this morning at 8.30am from a member of staff).

Saw that the K2 was setting up for evening trade as I was making home tonight so not closed their doors altogether then !

No fruit and veg is Sommerfield Thurso this morning, no bread or milk there yesterday so not doing their bit to keep their customers. Been shopping in Co-op and Lidl this week and think that Tesco will be the next stop if things don't improve. Also Sommerfield Thurso is freezing cold these last few weeks, need to put a coat on to shop there as it is colder in store than outside. Anyone else notice that?

Had a snack in Morags cafe today and enjoyed it tremendously. Recommend to anyone visiting Wick centre.

DarkAngel
31-Dec-06, 14:46
Ive also heard that roumer bout Matalan buying somerfields..I didnt even know they were closing their doors?:confused

katarina
31-Dec-06, 15:06
apparently mataland are taking over all the smaller somerfield stores - but that has been in the pipeline for years. I heard matalans and pizza hut are going to open beside tescos - that's why there is an extea road at the roundabout going nowhere.

bagpuss
31-Dec-06, 19:33
Not to mention the new houses on the big field across the road from tesco- the bit that looks our over the river between Tesco and Miller Avenue- supposed to be those starter homes that IKEA does for folk who want to own but can't afford it yet. My niece is putting her name down for one