PDA

View Full Version : Drew McAdam - Replication Of A Victorian Seance

CaithnessCastleCreations
26-Jan-13, 13:41
***NEW OFFER***

***INDIVIDUAL TIX AVAILABLE***

TICKET INCL. DINNER - £150

DREW MCADAM - REPLICATION OF A VICTORIAN SEANCE

Exclusive event for one night only. Limited spaces available.

Come on a journey as Drew McAdam - one of the top mentalists in the world - replicates a true Victorian seance.

Performed just once before - for Channel 5 television within Mary King's Close, Edinburgh, to an audience of journalists - McAdam has since refused to host this unique event despite lucrative invites worldwide. Until now.

Caithness Castle Creations are therefore proud to be given the opportunity to stage this one-off evening's entertainment at 5-star castle Ackergill Tower, Caithness - the most northern habitable castle on UK mainland.

We would, therefore, like to invite you to take this opportunity to witness one of the most terrifyingly exciting shows you'll ever, ever see. A pair of tickets, which includes, overnight stay in Ackergill Tower (double room), dinner and breakfast: £460.For individual tickets, plus dinner: £150.To accept this invitation, please contact us at: caithnesscastlecreations@gmail.com

Note:early booking is advisable as space is extremely limited.

Date: Friday 5 April
Time: 7.30pm

TESTIMONIALS

"So, what really happened? Was it some form of hypnosis and suggestion used to make us believe we heard, saw and felt things that weren’t really there? Was trickery employed to manipulate things without us knowing it? Or was it something more…? One thing’s for certain: Drew is an excellent performer and his routine is slick and skilful"
- Edinburgh Spotlight

"You're a very, very scary man."- Chris Tarrant

"Bafflingly Brilliant" ***** - The Scotsman

"Drew left me speechless. What he did was remarkable."- Rory Bremner

"I'm still bewitched, bothered and bewildered by our meeting."- Ron McManus, Weekly News

"Absolutely remarkable."- Buzz Aldrin

www.ackergilltower.com

CaithnessCastleCreations
01-Feb-13, 01:20
Still a few tickets left for this, folks.

Kodiak
01-Feb-13, 02:10
He might be one of the top mentalists in the world, but I reckon you would be Mental to Pay £150.00. I would be surprised if you get many takes at this price, crumbs thats more than my weekly pension.

CaithnessCastleCreations
07-Feb-13, 20:10
***TIX FROM £50***

We have been able to extend capacity for Drew McAdam's Replication Of A Victorian Seance, therefore we have released additional tickets at a reduced price.

Individual tickets: £50 (£100 incl. dinner).
Pair of tickets: £90 (£190 incl. dinner).
Special offer: £290 (incl. two tickets, dinner, B&B).

Note: those who have already purchased tickets, have been appropriately reimbursed.

For more info: www.facebook.com/caithnesscastlecreations

CaithnessCastleCreations
10-Feb-13, 17:20
Tickets selling well. Get in while you still can, folks :)

Kodiak
10-Feb-13, 17:31
Tickets selling well. Get in while you still can, folks :)

For tickets that you say are selling well you seem to be pushing them a bit too much. Mind you even at your so called reduced prices I still cant see many people willing to pay £100 even if there is a meal with it.

CaithnessCastleCreations
28-Feb-13, 17:14
DREW MCADAM - AN EVENING OF MINDPLAY
SAT 6 APR, 7.30PM, £15

As Scotland’s foremost mentalist, Drew McAdam has been wowing audiences across the globe for years with his jaw-dropping Mindplay abilities.

He can bend both plastic and metal spoons - so much so, Tesco provide him with his own personal supply. He can stop his pulse, baffling every skeptical paramedic he’s ever come across. He can spot a liar miles away by interpreting their body-language, micro-expressions and non-verbal communications. He can describe your childhood experiences, tell you your grandmother’s middle-name, and reveal any random word you select. If life gets too fast, he can even stop the clock.

Yet, Drew McAdam isn’t a mind-reader. Nor is he a magician and conjurer of ‘tricks.’ Simply put, McAdam is an entertainer. And he's here, in Caithness, to entertain you.

Tickets are available on-the-door, by calling 07411564415 or by emailing us at: caithnesscastlecreations@gmail.com

Before all that, though...

REPLICATION OF A VICTORIAN SEANCE
FRI 5 APR, 7.30PM, FROM £50

Come on a journey as Drew McAdam replicates a bona-fide 19th century Victorian Seance. Performed only once before - in Mary King's Close (Edinburgh) for Channel 5 - this is a rare, one-off opportunity to experience one of the most terrifyingly exciting shows you'll ever see. Space is extremely limited (only a few tix left).

Individual Tickets: £50 (£100 incl. dinner)
Pair of Tickets: £90 (£190 incl. dinner)
Special Offer: £290 (two tickets, dinner, plus B&B)

Booking is essential. To purchase, call either 07411564415 or email us at: caithnesscastlecreations@gmail.com

QUOTES

"Scotland's Master Mindreader" - The Hour Show STV

“Bafflingly Brilliant” - The Scotsman (five stars)

“Mind Master McAdam” - Sunday Mail

“Guru Drew” - The Herald

“Leaves audiences stunned. Spend a couple of hours in his company and the biggest skeptic could be tempted to believe he has psychic powers, an idea which Drew dismisses with great amusement” – Daily Record

www.drewmcadam.co.uk (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drewmcadam.co.uk&h=hAQGmEwNi&s=1)

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5889/drewposter3.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/drewposter3.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Buttercup
01-Mar-13, 20:24
Is it just me or is this a bit contradictory :
Quote 1 "Scotland's Master Mindreader" - The Hour Show STV
Quote 2 "Yet, Drew McAdam isn’t a mind-reader."

Drew McAdam
02-Mar-13, 01:50
Hello, Buttercup.

Hope you don't mind me answering that (a very good point). I've always found it difficult to find a label to describe what I do. I'm NOT psychic... the proper term is a "mentalist".

Mentalist /'men-ta-list/ noun. Someone skilled in non-verbal communication, who uses mental acuity, observation and suggestion. A master manipulator of thoughts and behaviour.

In the US, everybody knows what that term means....in Scotland, it means something entirely different!

So, I might not be able to ACTUALLY read a person's mind; but if he punches me on the nose, I know what he's thinking! So, I'm a THOUGHT reader, rather than a MIND reader... all very confusing. The result is that the newspapers, radio and telly just tend to say "mind reader" and then let ME sort it out!

Maybe I should offer a prize to the first person who can come up with a one word job title... A NICE one word job title. :-)

CaithnessCastleCreations
04-Mar-13, 21:39
To whet the appetite, some videos of Drew performing...http://drewmcadam.co.uk/mindplay/drewtube/

CaithnessCastleCreations
26-Mar-13, 18:47
Just less than two weeks to go until Drew McAdam's two-night stint at Ackergill Tower.

Some tickets are still left for "Replication Of A Victorian Seance" on Fri 5 Apr (7.30pm).

You can also save £5 by buying your ticket to "An Evening Of Mindplay" on Sat 6 Apr (7.30pm) by purchasing in advance. Otherwise, tickets are £15 on-the-door.

To book, simply email us at: caithnesscastlecreations@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/caithnesscastlecreations

Meantime, here's a clip of Drew McAdam - featuring 'Sean Connery' no less - on STV's The Hour Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_kj6wkt0bM

CaithnessCastleCreations
02-Apr-13, 20:23
Only 6 tickets left for Friday night's show. Get in while you still can.Remember you can save £5 to Saturday night's show by booking in advance. Simply email us at: caithnesscastlecreations@gmail.com

CaithnessCastleCreations
06-Apr-13, 10:58
Full house last night :)Huge thanks to everyone who came along to see Drew McAdam. The fun continues, however, tonight at Ackergill Tower's Opera House at 7.30pm, where Drew will be hosting An Evening Of Mindplay. He's going to attempt something that, we guarantee, will put your heart in your mouth :)Don't miss it. For if you like what Derren Brown does - you'll love Drew McAdam.Tix are available on-the-door and priced at £15. We look forward to seeing you there...

CaithnessCastleCreations
08-Apr-13, 16:24
A huge thank-you to everyone who came along to see both of Drew McAdam's shows over the weekend. It was a fun, exciting, scary, enlightening, but ultimately entertaining time. We had a full house on the Friday night :)

Thanks, too, to Ackergill Tower for their support and hospitality; and to CCC's helpers, Neil and Maryrose.

The feedback has been absolutely fantastic, and Drew is already looking forward to (hopefully) coming up later in the year. So, if you missed out this weekend, don't miss your chance next time.

There will be a review of the show in this Wednesday's local paper, plus a wee feature on Caithness Castle Creations.

Saveman
08-Apr-13, 22:57
I think congrats is in order for Caithness Castle Creations for the wherewithal, gumption, foresight, innovation to arrange this!

wavy davy
08-Apr-13, 23:20
I went on Saturday and was amazed at how few people attended - maybe 20. It was £10 in advance and £15 at the door. The venue - the new pub - can't remember the name - was very welcoming. Service from the Tower people and Caithness Castle Creations was excellent. Drew Macadam's act was very good - gave a bit more insight into how he does it than Derren Brown, which starts you thinking how transparent we are to people like that. Anyway, to get to the point, I really couldn't understand why Wick people wouldn't spend the price of a couple of drinks to experience something different. It's not as if Wick is saturated with fun places for a night out (excluding the Camps that is).

CaithnessCastleCreations
09-Apr-13, 09:01
Many thanks for the feedback, folks, much appreciated. We had 30 paying customers on the Saturday night (what The Touring Network consider the average for a show), though we did manage to sell out our allocation for the previous night, despite being more expensive.Those who did come along took time out to say how much they enjoyed it - but, even more interestingly, virtually everyone commented on how Caithness doesn't receive high-quality entertainment (like this) on a regular basis. Of course, new ventures take time to build, and we hope audiences - without which entertainers and entertainment companies would be nothing - will come out to support us. Our next event, is young award-winning trad folk act, the Rachel Hair Trio. Their Celtic Connections concert sold out before the doors even opened; it's rare a band with this kind of pedigree come to Caithness, so, with tickets priced at a tenner, it's a high quality show that won't break the bank.Incidentally, Drew had such a great time, he will be coming back at Halloween. Thanks again.