PDA

View Full Version : autism

horse
30-Dec-06, 19:21
did any one record the programme on boxing day about the boy with autism.

if so i would be very grateful if i could possibly get a copy.

MadPict
30-Dec-06, 19:47
There is every chance it will be repeated - check your TV guide - repeating programmes a few nights later seems to be a good way of filling up all these +channels .

badger
30-Dec-06, 19:56
Oh dear, I did but have watched it and think have recorded over it already as I'd missed the very end so didn't think it worth keeping. Will check though. It was excellent and am sure it will be repeated.

MadPict
30-Dec-06, 20:02
Oh dear Badger - you missed the lump in the throat ending? I didn't see it but my wife did...

smirnoff
30-Dec-06, 20:09
I watched what happened after Thomas it was a very moving film based on a true story but sorry did not tape it but would watch it again.

badger
30-Dec-06, 20:34
Oh dear Badger - you missed the lump in the throat ending? I didn't see it but my wife did...

Could you tell me what happened? Better PM it as don't want to spoil for anyone else but it may not be on again for a while. I'm one of those dreadful people who always reads the end of a book first :roll: so it's really annoying to have missed it.

MadPict
30-Dec-06, 20:38
I'll ask the wife and get back to you.

badger
30-Dec-06, 20:45
Thanks MadPict - signing off now so will look tomorrow. Supper calling.

MadPict
30-Dec-06, 21:38
The programme was called "After Thomas" and was made by Hartswood Films (http://www.hartswoodfilms.co.uk/programmes/dra_thomas.html)
A fact sheet about the filming and interviews with cast and the real family that the film was based on can be found here -
http://www.autism-in-scotland.org.uk/documents/after_thomas.pdf

dirdyweeker
30-Dec-06, 21:41
I have it!!! On tape but you are welcome to get a "shottie" . Will pm you.

cuddlepop
30-Dec-06, 22:48
Its well worth a second viewing.
We were impressed with the realism of the production.The acting was impressive and the wee boy appeared not to be acting, his performance of his type of autism was superb.
This was a true story about a couple from Gourock so why Anglicise it.When they said at the end the boy passed 7Gcse,I counted to ten:mad:.