PDA

View Full Version : looking for truffles recipe

young
30-Dec-06, 19:17
hi there anyone got a recipe for chocolate truffles my granny used to make them all the time and they were great never got the recipe from her though:(

mrs n
30-Dec-06, 19:48
some truffle recipes here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=1141368

young
01-Jan-07, 23:41
i think the recipe i am looking for has digestive biscuits desicated coconut ? oh and vermiccilli to roll them in?:confused

mrs n
02-Jan-07, 09:44
i will see if i can find a recipe for you then, back later

young
02-Jan-07, 12:50
i will see if i can find a recipe for you then, back later

thankyou for your help:Razz

mrs n
02-Jan-07, 13:51
at last found the one i have

chocolate balls

2oz melted marg
1 small tin nestles milk
2tbsp drinking choc
2 tbsps coconut
10 crushed digestives
choc strands

mix all roll in the strands ( vermicelli ) you will just have to judge the milk, dont think you get small tins now, probably half a big tin will do, then if you are like me grad eat the rest :)

young
02-Jan-07, 14:40
:Razz

chocolate balls

2oz melted marg
1 small tin nestles milk
2tbsp drinking choc
2 tbsps coconut
10 crushed digestives
choc strands

mix all roll in the strands ( vermicelli ) you will just have to judge the milk, dont think you get small tins now, probably half a big tin will do, then if you are like me grad eat the rest :)

Thank you very much. So do you just mix all ingredients together. Also do you leave them in the fridge to set. I am off down town to get some nestle milk great!!!

mrs n
02-Jan-07, 15:11
yes just mix everything together except vermicelli, its years since i copied the recipe down and a long time since i made it, wish i had thought of it before xmas, you will just have to judge how stiff the mix is if you need to refrigerate first or not, if not going to be eaten quick i imagine they would have to be kept in a cool place, the flavour will likely develop more if kept short while, good luck with them

mrs n
02-Jan-07, 15:59
got this from another forum, might use the rest of the milk

choc coconut balls

8oz coconut
4oz icing sugar
7fl oz condensed milk
mix all, roll in balls and chill overnight in fridge, then coat in melted chocolate and chill to set, add more milk if the mix is too stiff

young
02-Jan-07, 17:21
thank you very much for all your help mrs n:Razz :Razz

mrs n
02-Jan-07, 17:29
no problem, glad to help

young
02-Jan-07, 19:24

chocolate balls

2oz melted marg
1 small tin nestles milk
2tbsp drinking choc
2 tbsps coconut
10 crushed digestives
choc strands

hi sorry just another quick message what about chocolate? does the recipe not include chocolate or is it just drinking chocolate. thanks

mrs n
02-Jan-07, 20:13
no the recipe just has drinking chocolate, the truffles you make with cream has chocolate in them

young
03-Jan-07, 19:04
thanks for recipe i have just made the truffles and they taste great. yum yum. i will probably make more tomorrow:Razz :Razz

mrs n
03-Jan-07, 19:41
i am glad they turned out okay and that you enjoyed them, suppose if you wanted them more choclatey you could add a little cocoa and take out some drinking choc, dont know how they would taste with some rum essence

johndy
03-Jan-07, 22:21
Truffles
4oz milk chocolate
2oz butter
2oz ground almonds
6oz icing sugar
2 tsp coffee essence
2 beaten egg yolks

Melt chocolate and butter, stir in coffee essence and egg yolks
(all in a bowl over pan of boiling water)
remove for heat stir in almonds and icing sugar.
Spread on to a tin leave for 1 - 2 hours
Roll into balls and toss in milk chocolate vermicalli

Buttercup
04-Jan-07, 00:03
Here's a couple of my favourite recipes:

200g pkt Digestive biscs, crushed
Sm tin condensed milk
4 ozs marg or butter (block not soft spread)
3 tbsp coconut
2 tbsp drinking chocolate
1 tbsp cocoa
Melt marg then stir in milk –do not boil. Add rest of ingredients and mix well. Roll into balls and coat in coconut or vermicelli. Leave to set.
(Since I can’t find the small tins of Nestles milk now I double the other ingredients and use a tin of Carnation Condensed milk.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4 tbsp Porridge Oats
8 tbsp Coconut
2 tbsp Drinking Chocolate
4 tbsp Condensed milk
2 ozs marg or butter (block not soft spread)
3 ozs sugar
Heat milk, marg and sugar – do not boil. Add rest of ingredients and mix well. Roll into balls and coat in coconut or vermicelli. Leave to set.