PDA

View Full Version : Strange lights in sky south of Thurso

stekar
23-Jan-13, 23:24
Anybody got any ideas what this could be, bright light flashing White red and green west of Halkirk it hasn't moved for the last 30 minutes and no I have not been drinking,

mi16
23-Jan-13, 23:25
The Aurora Borealis possibly?

stekar
23-Jan-13, 23:38
No, it's a single bright white light with small flashing red yellow and green lights. Confused. Like an aircraft but it's been in the same place for a while.

mi16
23-Jan-13, 23:43
must be a UFO then

Phill
23-Jan-13, 23:46
Russian's
(probably submarines)

mi16
23-Jan-13, 23:50
nah a sub in the sky must be Aussies

Phill
24-Jan-13, 00:02
Disnae seem to be much on the radar an' aeryplanes shouldn't have yeller lights.

So it must be a sub of Antipodean or Eastern Bloc origin with advanced cloaking systems, 'cept fer leavin' the lights on.

Green_not_greed
24-Jan-13, 10:51
I noticed bright lights in the sky around Halkirk on my way to Thurso this morning. Looked most likely to be a helicopter. I wondered if they are searching for someone missing around the Causewaymire?

Dog-eared
26-Jan-13, 15:42
One night a few weeks ago I passed something with nav lights on hovering over a roadside field near Bilbster. No vehicle lights on the ground and quiet. Although I opened the window as I drove past, there was no helicopter noise that I could make out.
Probably an Army stealth helicopter doing some training.

Phill
26-Jan-13, 16:27
Crikey, didn't think they let them things outside of Wales!!

Dog-eared
26-Jan-13, 19:32
There was an SAS exercise on at Dounreay about that time.

Phill
26-Jan-13, 19:39
Hmmm, they tend to favour playing in the woods by Sarclet. And puddle diving in Sutherland but they tend to use Hercs for that.

Dog-eared
26-Jan-13, 20:05
Their coach with the blacked out windows was parked behind the Royal hotel with some big guys hanging around when I was getting petrol at Dunnetts garage back then.

Jerrico
26-Jan-13, 21:25
Foofighters!