PDA

View Full Version : How many devices?

Crackeday
23-Jan-13, 07:42
After reading the "talk talk" thread it got me thinking how much we now rely on broadband, so i counted all the devices connected to mine and was quite surprised:
2x Pc's
1x laptop
4x Mobiles
3x ipod touches
2x Xbox
1x PS3
1x Wii-u
1x Apple Tv
1x Sky go
1x Wireless printer
So in total I have 17 devices connected how did we ever live without it?? :lol:

mi16
23-Jan-13, 09:35
I don't think your printer uses the broadband mate

joxville
23-Jan-13, 11:42
Although the printer doesn't use broadband as such, it needs the router for the wifi signal to work wirelessly.

Even Chance
23-Jan-13, 11:53
Ive got none. I simply use my mobile. Dont even have a landline in ma hoose, and I survive remarkably weel. Theres a big world out there that you can actually go out into. It really is a bloomin amazing place!:D

Kodiak
23-Jan-13, 12:39
This made me think to, so I counted:-

3 X PC's
2 X LapTop's
1 X iPad
1 X X-Box
1 X Wii
2 X Sky Boxes (Download Films)
2 X Blu-Ray Players (Download Updates & Use YouTube)
3 X Mobile Phones
1 X Wireless Printer (Connects to Web for Software Updates)

A Total of 16 items that I connect to the internet, makes you think right enough. :Razz

Ooops I forgot about my Kindle so that makes 17.

mi16
23-Jan-13, 13:06
Go on then I will indulge
2 x smartphones
3 x laptops
1 x desktop
2 x broadband routers
2 x mobile broadband dongles
1 x ps3
1 x wii
1 x sky box
1 x smart tv
1 x leappad
1 x kindle

mi16
23-Jan-13, 13:10
Although the printer doesn't use broadband as such, it needs the router for the wifi signal to work wirelessly.The network and the broadband connection are two different things

George Brims
23-Jan-13, 19:14
I hope you don't have them all turned on at once, unless there are 17 of you in the house.

changilass
23-Jan-13, 19:28
Just the 4 here

Corrie 3
23-Jan-13, 19:35
Just the 4 here
I just run the kettle and toaster on mine!!

C3.

Alrock
23-Jan-13, 19:42
I just run the kettle and toaster on mine!!

C3.

Are you using Linux? If so RecQuery might like to know where you got your drivers from...

Corrie 3
23-Jan-13, 19:56
Are you using Linux? If so RecQuery might like to know where you got your drivers from...
No, I am using Scottish Hydro!

C3.

jamesy2205
23-Jan-13, 21:13
Feel free to keep posting about how many expensive electronics you have in your house, I'm sure there are some burglars out there who would be quite keen to have a read of this thread :)

Kodiak
23-Jan-13, 21:38
Feel free to keep posting about how many expensive electronics you have in your house, I'm sure there are some burglars out there who would be quite keen to have a read of this thread :)

No person would dare to break into my Cave, especially if I am Hibernating, GROWL !

http://i.imgur.com/jMTLWqR.jpg (http://imgur.com/jMTLWqR)

mi16
23-Jan-13, 23:20

Fortunately my address was not posted, I'm insured for theft anyways

Kenn
23-Jan-13, 23:48
Nice portrait Kodiak, just wondering how with those paws you manage to operate a keyboard so well ?

Phill
24-Jan-13, 00:32
I generally hack into the neighbours routers thus reducing my reliance on this interminable mind controlling black magic.

Kodiak
24-Jan-13, 13:49
Nice portrait Kodiak, just wondering how with those paws you manage to operate a keyboard so well ?

That is what Claws are for, file them down so they are nice and pointy and you can type very well indeed. Mind you the is a down side, I go through a Keyboard at least once a month as the keys get worn away vey quickly. :Razz