PDA

View Full Version : Rapson's Timetable Changes & Downloadable Timetable

robbain
28-Dec-06, 16:11
Has anyone seen the new bus timetable which Rapsons have put out for the 2nd January?

I have just sent an email to rapsons

"I am sending this email for further clarification of the changes after the 2nd of January – we just received a copy of the new timetable for Caithness & Sutherland. The number 75 service that runs from Dunbeath to Wick departs (Dunbeath) 0801 arrives (wick) 0850 School holidays only has a service for paying customers but there is nothing during the School day, been informed by your office in Thurso, that there will no be longer a service for paying during the school days just school holidays. How are we the paying customers going to get to our work at 9am?"

Just waiting for a reply from them.

Cattach
28-Dec-06, 16:45
Has anyone seen the new bus timetable which Rapsons have put out for the 2nd January?

"I am sending this email for further clarification of the changes after the 2nd of January – we just received a copy of the new timetable for Caithness & Sutherland. The number 75 service that runs from Dunbeath to Wick departs (Dunbeath) 0801 arrives (wick) 0850 School holidays only has a service for paying customers but there is nothing during the School day, been informed by your office in Thurso, that there will no be longer a service for paying during the school days just school holidays. How are we the paying customers going to get to our work at 9am?"

Unfortunately Rapsons are not interested in customer care or service. I have found that out over recent years. If they can make a quick 'buck' on school runs they will ignore their other customers but hope they will get their business when no children are to be transported. Their hire prices are quite ridiculous and they are pricing many sports groups out of sport south of the Ord. They are taking full advantage of their monopoly situation.

In the past I have taken buses from as far afield as Maynes of Buckie at a better rate than Rapson's could offer - and real coaches too with great comfort.

Mr P Cannop
28-Dec-06, 17:05
is the new timetable on the web site yet ??

rfr10
28-Dec-06, 17:08

If you have as much luck as I did, you won't get a reply from them as I emailed them a while ago about something related to the Highland youth voice but they didn't seem interested.

Dreamweaver
28-Dec-06, 17:31
Perhaps some enterprising person with a few grand in the bank could put up some competition.

rfr10
28-Dec-06, 17:36
Perhaps some enterprising person with a few grand in the bank could put up some competition.

How does one do that?

rfr10
28-Dec-06, 17:46

Did you email them using timetables@rapsons.co.uk (timetables@rapsons.co.uk) ?

robbain
28-Dec-06, 17:56
Contacted them through info@rapsons.co.uk

rfr10
28-Dec-06, 17:58
Same here. I'm not sure it would be any different but you could try using the one I said. You might be better off phoning 01463 710555 though.

Stumurf
28-Dec-06, 23:09
Can i ask where yuo got the new information from please? i have an interview in thurso on the 3rd of jan and the website hasn't changed any.

i am heading into thurso tomorrow, so any information where i can pick up a copy of the new tmetables would be greatfully appreciated.

robbain
29-Dec-06, 04:39
The bus drivers have them, customer came to my workplace and shown me the new timetable.

robbain
29-Dec-06, 11:58
I have spoken to rapsons at Inverness - they are telling me the same what the Thurso office said to me only a School holiday service will be available from 0801 (berriedale) 0850 (wick) no service during school days Mon to Fri.

watch this space

Mr P Cannop
29-Dec-06, 13:24
just had an email this morning but not sure how to attach the file to here ?? could any 1 help me with this ??

tip top
29-Dec-06, 18:45
I believe that the late night services from Wick to Dunbeath is finished on Saturday......Why does this not get publicised as well as its introduction?????

Mr P Cannop
29-Dec-06, 19:06
why does the file fail when i try and upload it ??

Oddquine
29-Dec-06, 19:23
Because you're only allowed to upload pictures. Try copy and pasting the email into a post.

Mr P Cannop
29-Dec-06, 19:30
its a pdf file

Oddquine
29-Dec-06, 20:27
its a pdf file

Try opening it in adobe reader, click on select text, highlight and copy to clipboard, then paste into wordpad or something...or direct onto a post.

robbain
29-Dec-06, 22:56
FAO Bill Fernie,
can you look into this as the contract was put out to tender and if this includes a public service for public as well as children as there are people who uses this service to start work in Wick at 9am. Or is Rapsons trying to force people to use the other services and only in School Holidays as there are school children.

Oddquine
29-Dec-06, 23:12
I assume the school run is Council subsidised?

If so, have the Council said that Rapson's aren't to take paying passengers?

If not............why don't they put their mouths where our money is.............and tell them that services subsidised by the taxpayer are for all taxpayers?

Mr P Cannop
30-Dec-06, 00:06
Try opening it in adobe reader, click on select text, highlight and copy to clipboard, then paste into wordpad or something...or direct onto a post.

how can i do that if its a PDF File

Oddquine
30-Dec-06, 01:18
how can i do that if its a PDF File

Adobe opens PDF files so you can read them, and you can copy text from the PDF once it's open via the buttons on the top of the programme and then paste it into whatever you want.

jamieS
30-Dec-06, 03:04
Mr Cannop has emailed the file to me, and I have converted it to HTML format. but there is over 300 images in the file. I will do my best today to get something of a timetable for you all.

rfr10
30-Dec-06, 13:26
I've tried uploading the PDF file to the internet but not sure if it works as haven't tried it myself yet. Click http://www.easyshareonline.com/222879 (http://www.easyshareonline.com/222879) and then "Download File" and it should work (fingers crossed)

Stumurf
30-Dec-06, 13:30
it works a treat, many thanks.

rfr10
30-Dec-06, 13:30
Try http://www.easyshareonline.com/222879 (http://www.easyshareonline.com/222879) and clicking download file.

jamieS
30-Dec-06, 13:32
The Link works rfr10.
I have been trying to convert it to HTML format using Acrobat 8 Professional, but not having much luck. Some of the timetables are images while others are just tables. Your link saves me the job of trying to convert it.:)

rfr10
30-Dec-06, 13:32
it works a treat, many thanks.

Oh that's good then :D

Alice in Blunderland
30-Dec-06, 13:41
Is this the new timetable that everyone is on about or the present one?

rfr10
30-Dec-06, 13:43
Is this the new timetable that everyone is on about or the present one?

The new one I think because it says starting Janurary 2nd or something like that.

robbain
06-Jan-07, 06:08
Rapsons has reverse its decision for not allowing passengers on the Buses during school days from Berriedale to Wick, passengers are now allow to travel on school days, but they have increased their fares.

Alice in Blunderland
08-Jan-07, 00:53
Thats the only decent printable word I can write to describe the powers that be within Rapsons. You would think that when they changed the timetable they would have let City link know as they do some of their runs up here. I am just back from running my poor husband to Inverness to connect with his flight to Liverpool as City link told us there was a bus at 17:08 run by Rapsons.....guess what Rapsons have changed their time of leaving to 20 minutes earlier and they never let citylink know. From the bottom of my heart I wish to thank Rapsons for their total inconsideration of customers. [evil] I can assure you I will not be using their bus EVER again.

And to the poor girl on the call desk for Citylink my humblest appoligies for my snotty attitude on the phone I can only say its most unusual of me but to watch the bus drive past whilst sitting in the car waiting for what I thought would be my husbands one next was just too much. We were offered a taxi south eventually after lots of ranting and phonecalls (not like me ) but this was leaving it a bit too close for comfort timewise. Anyway folks watch out for the next day or two just in case any more of these changes catch anyone else out if you should be needing a bus south.

badger
08-Jan-07, 12:36
I've just downloaded the new Area K timetable and think on the whole it is clearer than previous ones. However don't rely on the "Which bus goes where" section as just at a quick glance I've seen several omissions. Hope the timetables are more accurate.