PDA

View Full Version : Jessie Doull MBE

peter macdonald
30-Dec-06, 12:57
Jessie Doull was made an MBE for services to the community in Wick, Caithness.
No matter what anyone thinks of the honours system it is so refreshing to see Jessie getting rewarded for so many years of volentary work in the county

Gogglebox
30-Dec-06, 13:17
Congratulations to her

Was there any other local honours

dirdyweeker
30-Dec-06, 17:54
Yes I would say she certainly deserves it. I think she does a lot more though than people realise. She is always on the go and visits the sick in hospital too.
Congrats to her, well deserved!

alice
30-Dec-06, 23:23
Well done to her on her achievement, it's really good to see an ordinary everyday citizen being recognised in this list.

Mizpah
30-Dec-06, 23:34
What great news, if ever anyone deserved a honour it is her, I do not think anyone accept herself knows the ammount of good work she does for the the whole town and she is so humble with it all, well done Jessie.:Razz

DarkAngel
31-Dec-06, 00:36
Big congrats to Jessie!:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/dpwells/Animations/Congratulations/congratsrainbowstartextandgraphics.gif

bagpuss
31-Dec-06, 00:56
Who's Jessie Doull?

catherine nicol
31-Dec-06, 02:44
Who's Jessie Doull?

Jessie Doull is one of the kindest most wonderful ladies you could ever wish to know.

She has been doing voluntary work in the community for more years than I have been around.

Great News and well done Jessie, enjoy the excitement and honour, well deserved.

connieb19
31-Dec-06, 03:57
Who's Jessie Doull?

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=149235&command=displayContent&sourceNode=149218&contentPK=16293838&moduleName=InternalSearch&formname=sidebarsearch

peedie man
31-Dec-06, 10:27
well done Jessie you certainly deserve it

Alice in Blunderland
31-Dec-06, 10:28
Delighted for Jessie one of the nicest ladies I know, out in all weathers doing her bit for others. I remember running her home last year in bitter cold weather she was doing a door to door collection for charity. If you dont know her you will know where she lives....little house in big grounds on the other side of the road from the parish church. I am so pleased for her.....chuffed.:D

KitKat
31-Dec-06, 13:47
I am absolutely thrilled that Jessie, one of the nicest and kindest ladies in this community, has at long last had her endeavours recognised. Hopefully Marie Gilmour and Marjorie Mackenzie, two other community stalwarts, get the recognition they deserve in the not too distant future.

bagpuss
31-Dec-06, 19:29
Is she the nice old lady with the cats?

percy toboggan
01-Jan-07, 21:51
I don't know Jessie but she sounds the salt of this earth. So much more deserving than the never ending parade of pseudo-celebrities, well paid sporting types and Blair cronies who get the publicity. There are hundreds of deserving people like the aformentioned Jessie.Unsung heroes the honours system should be reformed so that only people of her ilk get gongs.
God bless Jessie and people like her.
Stuff the likes of Jagger and Bobo.

Fran
01-Jan-07, 23:38
Is she the nice old lady with the cats?

yes, and she also feeds the birds who have become quite tame with her.