PDA

View Full Version : Fun day

donnick
21-Jan-13, 12:10
what make a good family fun day ..... all ideas welcome.
We are holding a family fun-day football tournament in memory of a family member all monies going to local charities and just looking for ideas to entertain families, what do you look for when you go to theses events that are fun bearing in mind the caithness weather althow last year we had the best day of the year for it...... finger crossed this year.
THANKS

Please no negative comments .

mi16
21-Jan-13, 12:16
what time you year do you plan to hold the event, in the summer I presume?
Perhaps a hog roast for hungry adults and bouncy castle for kiddies

donnick
21-Jan-13, 12:58
hopefully may ,yeh last year we has bouncy castle ,bucking bronco ,walter walkers,icecream van ,small farm animals ,a few diffents stalls .

M Swanson
21-Jan-13, 13:59
I don't know how large you expect the turnout to be, but our children love anything that's hands-on. I'm thinking of making paper machier (sic) figures, or colouring, or making cardboard cut-outs. Anything like that keeps them quiet and entertained for ages. They also love face painting for an affordable fee.

Sometimes, the boys from the Fire Brigade let the children have a turn in their engine. Last year, the kids were even allowed to go up a few rungs on the extended ladder. They queued for an hour to get a go. The police attended too and the kids were given a short ride in a squad car. It's all good PR and our local forces are very good at supporting charities.

Not sure if any of these ideas are practicable, but I hope you all have a wonderful time and raise a lorra money for your charity. Good luck. :cool:

donnick
21-Jan-13, 14:13
:Dyou have some good ideas there ...thank you ...............kep them coming:D

rich62_uk
21-Jan-13, 17:39
Was at one event some years ago and they had a driving instructor who was letting teens have a go in his car around a field ! To say alot of kids wanted a go would be an understatement ! They had to pay something like £4 for twice around the field if I remember rightly ...

donnick
22-Jan-13, 00:02
i like ur idea but its held at a football pitch ,noway we willl get to do that ...thanks

Vimto
22-Jan-13, 00:10
you also need to do stuff for the younger children ages 1 and above, :) or even hold baby show or something similar or teddy bears picnic etc :)