PDA

View Full Version : Multi Coloured Swap Shop....

mccaugm
30-Dec-06, 00:55
Did anyone watch the anniversary programme for Swap Shop and other BBC Saturday programmes. I loved it...could not believe I remembered so much, I was only about 5 or 6 when it started. Dodgy sets, dodgy phone calls to the studio, dodgy clothes, dodgy "star" guests....etc...Brilliant:cool:

Piglet
30-Dec-06, 01:14
Never seen it but i bet it is scary what you can remember.

Ah the signs o getting old(er):roll:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-Dec-06, 01:14
Swap shop was okay but TISWAS was the dogs knackers.COOL:cool: :cool:

Gogglebox
30-Dec-06, 01:59
Swap Shop was the biz

Last nights flash back was funny, thoroughly enjoyable
I believe there is a similar Tiswas from the past in mid January according to Digtalspy so that should be worth watching

connieb19
30-Dec-06, 02:01
Eek!!! keith Chegwin, I can't stand him. [evil]

Gogglebox
30-Dec-06, 02:05
Didnt seem like a lot of interaction last night between Cheggers and Maggie Philben!!

Tony 'Vision On Legend' Hart looked as though the years had caught up with him though

Jeemag_USA
30-Dec-06, 02:07
I used to love Swap Shop and Tiswas was definately better. Anyone remember the adult spin off from Tiswas called OTT :lol:

Used to Love Vision On too, anyone remember trying to write their name and then copy it under it to see if it made an animal, and then Take Hart with Morph, and I also used to love ScreenTest, CrackerJack, Why DOn't You, Grange HIll....oh stop me I am about to drown in my own pool of nostalgia :)

Bobinovich
30-Dec-06, 02:10
I loved the flashbacks and yes I do remember OTT - I can guess what you remember about it too ya dirty so & so LOL!

Jeemag_USA
30-Dec-06, 02:14
I loved the flashbacks and yes I do remember OTT - I can guess what you remember about it too ya dirty so & so LOL!

I can't actually remember anything about it except the name and the balloon dance which is kind of sad :lol:

EDIT - OH my god, I can't believe how the cool the innernet is, look what I found HA HA HA

http://www.theoddballs.net/ott.php

connieb19
30-Dec-06, 02:29
The best one of the lot was The Secret diaries of Adrian Mole aged 13 1/2. :D

Jeemag_USA
30-Dec-06, 02:36
The best one of the lot was The Secret diaries of Adrian Mole aged 13 1/2. :D

Oh yeah I loved that, that was on at like 7 or 8 at night though, I read all the books too. I love Julie Walters she is a scream!

Ricco
30-Dec-06, 10:51
I watched it and found one aspect really fasciinating. Regarding personality.. they hadn't changed one bit - had they? Very enjoyable evening - something new (in a way) and different - a big improvement on the normal viewing fare.

porshiepoo
30-Dec-06, 10:56
Gosh, I remember them well. lol. Tiswas was the best.
Although which one was the one where they'd get some kids to standup and they had to answer a question and get a prize until they couldn't carry any more??
Remember Gordon the Gofer??????? God Philip Schofiels must look back at that and cringe.
And what about Roland Rat - I thought he was way cool - now I'm looking back and cringeing.
One of the best though had to be Rentaghost - I can even remember the tune - :lol:

cullbucket
30-Dec-06, 11:47
Jeemag..... your sad..... as another Miller Academyer (1 yr behind ye), there is the same crap to fill the bairns heids today as there wis in oor day, it is all aboot what the perents weel allow.....

cullbucket
30-Dec-06, 11:49
mind mina villa???????

connieb19
30-Dec-06, 12:58
What was the art programme called that had Tony somebody and Morph?

Piglet
30-Dec-06, 13:08
What was the art programme called that had Tony somebody and Morph?

Hart Beat - He was Tony Hart

henry20
30-Dec-06, 13:13
Does anyone remember 7T3?

I can't remember much except that there were saloon style swing doors on it and I wrote in to it and got sent a badge. I was ever so proud of that badge and am pretty sure I still have it! :eek:

Bobinovich
30-Dec-06, 13:16
Although which one was the one where they'd get some kids to standup and they had to answer a question and get a prize until they couldn't carry any more??

That was "Double or Drop" from Crackerjack (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/crackerjack/intro.shtml)

Piglet
30-Dec-06, 13:18
Does anyone remember 7T3?

I can't remember much except that there were saloon style swing doors on it and I wrote in to it and got sent a badge. I was ever so proud of that badge and am pretty sure I still have it! :eek:

Was also called No 73

Jeemag_USA
30-Dec-06, 15:54
I am surprised nobody has mentioned the Krankies yet, for me thats on I would sooner forget :)

I had a conversation at work here the other week about Top Cat, it started because I call one of the old guys I work with Officer Dibble because he looks like him, nobody had ever heard of it, seems it was more popular in the UK than the US.

If I cast my mind way back to when I was really wee, these were some of my favorite TV programs, see if you can remember them.

Pipkins
Mr Benn
Mary, Mungo and Midge
Fingerbobs
Jackanory (what on earth did that name mean anyway)
Magic Roundabout
Newsround (John Craven)
Blue Peter of course, started watching with Val Singleton, John Noakes and Peter Purves.
The Goodies (Goodie, Goodie Gum Gum, oh I loved that)

thats as much as my memory can cast up for now :lol:

connieb19
30-Dec-06, 15:56
I hated the krankies, my favourite was Jamie and his magic torch and Mr Benn.

Conscience
30-Dec-06, 15:58
Jackanory is named from an old English nursery rhyme:
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nursery_rhyme)
I'll tell you a story
about Jack-a-nory;
and now my story's begun.
I'll tell you another
'bout Jack and his brother;
and now my story is done.

Other kids TV from the time (that I remember off the top of my head):

Babapapa
Captain Pugwash (contrary to popular belief the Cabin boy's name was not Roger, neither was there a Seaman called Staines)
Pogles Wood
The Wooden Tops
Marine Boy
Rentaghost
Dangermouse
Follyfoot
White Horses...

changilass
30-Dec-06, 16:44
Jeemag, I think top cat was boss cat in the us, could be wrong though lol