PDA

View Full Version : eBay question?

KILTIECAULDBUM
18-Jan-13, 01:28
Hi.

Just wondered what your thoughts would be in this situation?

You bought goods from eBay that turn out to be faulty. The seller eventually agrees to a refund and supplies you with a pre-paid returns label and tells you to make sure you get proof of postage, which you do. The goods are sent back by first class post, but a week later they seem to have gone missing!! Who should chase the PO, the buyer or the seller for the refund value of the item (which will be around £10)?

Should the seller just refund you and claim the PO, or should they just wash their hands of it and tell you to chase the PO to get your money back yourself? Since they are only in Dundee and it didn't need to be signed for, I reckon it has been delivered and they are going to try and get the PO to pay for the refund while they keep the goods? (Allegedly, ;))

This hasn't happened to me yet, but I think there's a good possibility, so just wondered what others would do in the same situation?

Thanks for any comments.

Shaggy
18-Jan-13, 01:35
if its a prepaid label printed out by the seller then he will have a receipt which he will of course claim for from Royal Mail, whereas you have no claim as you didn't pay the postage. The "return postage label" is a well known scam on Ebay. You should have stuck a recorded label on it and paid the 70odd pence or so to cover yourself. What you should do now though is ensure you let Ebay know whats going on and also leave the facts in the feedback comment so he will be less likely to get away with it in future...oh and get a friend or five to buy stuff off him that will of course never arrive....oops did i just type that??

KILTIECAULDBUM
18-Jan-13, 02:03
oh and get a friend or five to buy stuff off him that will of course never arrive....oops did i just type that??

I like your thinking [lol].

Tomorrow will be the 7 days, so I'll see what happens? I had got my daughter to post it for me, and by the time I had thought about paying the extra for sending it recorded, she had posted it!! I think I'm more angry at myself for falling for it, if it does turn out that way. [evil]

Cheers,

Kcb.

jim10
18-Jan-13, 09:37
if its a prepaid label printed out by the seller then he will have a receipt which he will of course claim for from Royal Mail, whereas you have no claim as you didn't pay the postage. The "return postage label" is a well known scam on Ebay. You should have stuck a recorded label on it and paid the 70odd pence or so to cover yourself. What you should do now though is ensure you let Ebay know whats going on and also leave the facts in the feedback comment so he will be less likely to get away with it in future...oh and get a friend or five to buy stuff off him that will of course never arrive....oops did i just type that??
the buyer recieved the goods,if they wernt saisfctory and the buyer wanted to return the goods tey should have been sent recorded that way both parties know exactly where the goods are,if the gooda arnt delivered back to th seller then the buyer who sent thm back has to claim from the p.o, as for your comments to encourage people to buy then claim they never recieved the goods well that is own right dishonest

Shaggy
18-Jan-13, 10:49
as for your comments to encourage people to buy then claim they never recieved the goods well that is own right dishonest

lighten up Jim, it was said in jest. I have been scammed many times over the years through ebay and i have never once did this. ;)