PDA

View Full Version : Ie7

bigpete
29-Dec-06, 16:44
Tried putting in Internet Explorer 7. but find my outlook express disconnects as soon as it's loaded - any ideas?

Conscience
29-Dec-06, 16:49
Get rid of the PC and get a Mac. ;)

bigpete
29-Dec-06, 16:51
Hi (again) - too old to mess about - I'll stick to the IE I've got

Ricco
30-Dec-06, 11:01
Get rid of the PC and get a Mac. ;)

No, don't do that.. there has been news about Apple's rocky finances recently.:eek:

Ricco
30-Dec-06, 11:04
Tried putting in Internet Explorer 7. but find my outlook express disconnects as soon as it's loaded - any ideas?

Hi, Bigpete.

The default setting is Outlook. Go to Tools - Internet Options - Programs and change the e-mail setting back to Outlook Express again. Had the same thing happen to me.

Tristan
30-Dec-06, 12:39
Use Firefox?

Moonboots
02-Jan-07, 20:13
In the options of Outlook Express you will see it has a tick on hang up after sending and recieving. Once u remove this then it will not disconnect.

badger
03-Jan-07, 20:00
I've just finally downloaded IE7 after resisting that annoying little message for ages. So far I hate it - got an error message initially which I've ignored but kept a copy just in case. Can't seem to sort the toolbars at the top, which take up too much space. No problems so far with OE. Just hope it gets better. :(

badger
04-Jan-07, 10:51
I'm obviously going to get this error message every time I boot so any ideas? -
SmartBridge Alerts: BT HelpNotifier.exe – Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point Get ProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link Library PSAPI.DLL

Clicking OK removes it and as far as I can see it's not affecting anything but I'd quite like to get rid of it permanently. Never had it before I downloaded IE7.

blueivy
04-Jan-07, 12:08
I'm obviously going to get this error message every time I boot so any ideas? -
SmartBridge Alerts: BT HelpNotifier.exe – Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point Get ProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link Library PSAPI.DLL

Clicking OK removes it and as far as I can see it's not affecting anything but I'd quite like to get rid of it permanently. Never had it before I downloaded IE7.

I guess you're using BT Broadband?

Rename PSAPI.DLL from your C:\PROGRAM FILES\BT BROADBAND DESKTOP HELP\SMARTBRIDGE folder to PSAPI.OLD and reboot.

The problem should have gone.

You can also uninstall the Help (which you don't really need). Note it's just the Help bit you can uninstall!

badger
04-Jan-07, 16:36
Thanks Paul - brilliant! Renamed the file and error message gone. Think I'll leave Help for now although I've never found it any help, in fact just annoying so don't use it any more.

blueivy
04-Jan-07, 17:04
Thanks Paul - brilliant! Renamed the file and error message gone. Think I'll leave Help for now although I've never found it any help, in fact just annoying so don't use it any more.

Hi badger,

Glad I could help!