PDA

View Full Version : K2 in insolvency

Tristan
29-Dec-06, 09:29
Does any one (I know we may get a series of rumours but perhaps some facts) know why K2 is now in insolvency? (page 12 of the Groat)

Better yet does anyone know why the insolvency hearings are being held in London?

cuddlepop
29-Dec-06, 12:12
Oh dont tell me there closed :(,thats one of our favourite Indian restaurants and another good excuse to come up.
Maybe there's London connections to the business and thats why its there.
Is the new Indian in Thurso not run by them too,maybe this is a business move.:confused

gollach
29-Dec-06, 13:47
Better yet does anyone know why the insolvency hearings are being held in London?

The meeting of creditors is probably being held in London because it is a convenient location for the provisional liquidator and it is close to the company's registered address.

More interesting is the fact that the company was only formed 2 years ago.

You can get their basic details online from the records at Companies House (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/dc8dfdde4fb72699981d3b2ae708f98b/compdetails).

I think I am correct in saying that whoever started the proceedings will have asked for this company to be appointed as a provisional liquidator but a meeting of creditors must then be held to formally appoint a liquidator. It's often performed by a postal ballot as creditors usually don't bother to turn up for the meeting.

mooncat
29-Dec-06, 16:09
Does this mean they are closed or not until the 11/12th of Jan..????

Naefearjustbeer
29-Dec-06, 19:09
are they open tonight? I fancy a curry tonight

millavilla
29-Dec-06, 19:11
Hi, yes they are open we have just phoned in our order

Naefearjustbeer
29-Dec-06, 19:12
Hi, yes they are open we have just phoned in our order

cool thanks for that:D

Fran
29-Dec-06, 22:37
I'm very surprised that K2 is in solvency as the restaurant has just been completely refurbished. It will be sad if they close. we will just have to travel to the new one in thurso.

paddy
29-Dec-06, 22:43
dont worry theres a new indian resturant opening in wick ,they have bought A and Ds furniture place at the top of the harbour hill.

Fran
29-Dec-06, 22:46
That will be a huge restaurant. downstairs is large and there is an upstairs too.

paddy
29-Dec-06, 22:52
yes wont it be a lovely view from upstairs.its the guys that own one of the indian places in thurso thats got it

mccaugm
30-Dec-06, 00:46
Oh dont tell me there closed :(,thats one of our favourite Indian restaurants and another good excuse to come up.
Maybe there's London connections to the business and thats why its there.
Is the new Indian in Thurso not run by them too,maybe this is a business move.:confused

Same here....their food is copious and delicious. Hope that they can get through this and keep trading.