PDA

View Full Version : Colditz

Ricco
29-Dec-06, 06:47
I played an old board game called Colditz over Christmas. Thought it was brilliant. It isn't made any more so I got to wondering if anyone had a copy that was in good nick?

jamieS
29-Dec-06, 08:21
Ricco,
Have you tried ebay? If not here is a link to one that finished in a few days
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ESCAPE-FROM-COLDITZ-FIRST-VERSION-COMPLETE_W0QQitemZ180068708905QQihZ008QQcategoryZ1 17201QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If the link doesn't work the item number is : 180068708905

EDDIE
29-Dec-06, 12:08
I played an old board game called Colditz over Christmas. Thought it was brilliant. It isn't made any more so I got to wondering if anyone had a copy that was in good nick?

Colditz that a very old game i used to play that when i was a kid we got the game out of jumble sale years ago i didnt leak being the germans i prefered to escape instead

Cattach
29-Dec-06, 19:53
Liked the game but liked the Colditz TV series even more.

Jeemag_USA
29-Dec-06, 19:56

Man thats going back a years, I did used to have it, I can still picture the box cover, it probably ended up in a Scout jumble sale. I did enjoy that game though. Used to love Buckaroo too :)

porshiepoo
29-Dec-06, 20:08
Was it called 'Escape from Colditz'? We had a board game somehting akin to that a few years ago. We only layed it the once and although we thought it was great, we don't seem to have kept it. :(

mooncat
29-Dec-06, 21:28
I think I have one in the Loft... drop me a PM and I will check over the weekend.....

cheers

North Rhins
29-Dec-06, 21:54
Colditz, oh! the memories. I was stationed in Malta from ’75 to ’78 as a mercenary (see ‘execution this weekend thread). It was tradition in the forces that Wednesday afternoon was given as time off for sport. Our idea of sport was two bottles of Marsovin red table wine, it was good stuff 15 pence a bottle, and a game of good old Colditz.

We never did finish a game, it usually descended into a drunken argument. One other very popular game was ‘Risk.’ If memory serves me it was a game where everybody secretly ganged up on one player and annihilated him. Happy days.

Jeemag_USA
29-Dec-06, 22:01
Colditz, oh! the memories. I was stationed in Malta from ’75 to ’78 as a mercenary (see ‘execution this weekend thread).

Stop it my sides are sore :lol:

I seem to remember the year I had it, there was a pic of a sentry house on the cover with red, black and white stripes on it, and a pic of the valley and the castle on a hill above. I am not sure, some years they made different covers like they did with Risk. I used to love Risk too, awesome game.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Dec-06, 22:46

Colditz,sorry Ricco man was a Ker Plunk addict masel.

Anyhoo,Colditz is that no what a woman has when she goes out on a frosty night?:roll:

Fran
29-Dec-06, 22:49
I used to love the game "Battleships" and played it lots when the kids were at home, still have it.

North Rhins
29-Dec-06, 22:57
Giong off the subject of Coditz but staying with board games, has anyone ever played 'Uckers?' It's the Navy's verion of ludo.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Dec-06, 23:26
Giong off the subject of Coditz but staying with board games, has anyone ever played 'Uckers?' It's the Navy's verion of ludo.

Na normal ludo for me North Rhins,was never in the navy suffered fae bad seasickness.Did used to play a game called "Wigtownshire Mercenaries" though thats when a group o' Ayrshire lads used to travel through to the Riverside Nightclub in Newton Stewart and drink and dance to rave music till the early hours.........ahhhhhhhh memories!!!:lol: :lol:

Jeemag_USA
29-Dec-06, 23:31
I seem to remember my brother mentioning Uckers, he was in the Navy but I can't remember it.

I used to love Kerplunk too, and Jack Straws, Mousetrap, Buckaroo, Noply, Risk, and what was the name of that funny Ludo type one with the patented pop-o-matic dice thing, that was hilarious, I can vividly remember the noise that thing used to make like da-doing. Then Pong came along and the world went to pot :lol:

connieb19
29-Dec-06, 23:34
I seem to remember my brother mentioning Uckers, he was in the Navy but I can't remember it.

I used to love Kerplunk too, and Jack Straws, Mousetrap, Buckaroo, Noply, Risk, and what was the name of that funny Ludo type one with the patented pop-o-matic dice thing, that was hilarious, I can vividly remember the noise that thing used to make like da-doing. Then Pong came along and the world went to pot :lol:
Frustration, It's one of my favourites along with connect 4.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Dec-06, 23:34

True Jeemag,Pong to Wii's and PS3's.Although I did put a few pocket moneys worth into the asteroid machine.Class in a Glass!!! :lol:

Jeemag_USA
29-Dec-06, 23:39
Frustration, It's one of my favourites along with connect 4.

HA HA thats it, Frustration, it used to frustrate the heck out of me when I was 4 because I was such a lightweight I had to put my whole body on it to get it to pop without breaking mywrists :lol:

Hey forthe guy who started this thread, check this link, it shows various copies for sale from websites and ebay starting at around 4.99

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/715

http://files.boardgamegeek.com/bggimages/pic57402.jpg

connieb19
29-Dec-06, 23:41
HA HA thats it, Frustration, it used to frustrate the heck out of me when I was 4 because I was such a lightweight I had to put my whole body on it to get it to pop without breaking mywrists :lol:

Hey forthe guy who started this thread, check this link, it shows various copies for sale from websites and ebay starting at around 4.99

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/715
I even have the travel one, I take it everywhere with me lol. :eek: Far better than any fancy new games.

Jeemag_USA
29-Dec-06, 23:46
I even have the travel one, I take it everywhere with me lol. :eek: Far better than any fancy new games.

I used to always call the pieces barrels cause they looked like beer barrels, and I had to be green all the time. I used to hide it behind the couch and when my dad came home from the pub and fell asleep, I would go POP POP POP POP POP and run up e stairs to the sound of him going "EErarararreerraaarghyalittleaaghaggahgaghsoanso" :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Dec-06, 23:50
Know what yer both on about,got addicted to Frustration.Better no speak anymore cos my right eyelid is starting to flicker.:lol:

connieb19
29-Dec-06, 23:51
I used to always call the pieces barrels cause they looked like beer barrels, and I had to be green all the time. I used to hide it behind the couch and when my dad came home from the pub and fell asleep, I would go POP POP POP POP POP and run up e stairs to the sound of him going "EErarararreerraaarghyalittleaaghaggahgaghsoanso" :lol:I havna found anyone who likes it as much as I do so i usually play against myself, red and green, I'm not so keen on yellow or blue. I'm always the winner too. :lol:

Ricco
30-Dec-06, 10:57
Thank you all so much for your replies - very interesting how many people found it as frustrating as I did. I have seen some of the ones on ebay, etc. I would prefer my money to go to an orger but I shall look at the 'net ones if nothing turns up.

Bobbyian
30-Dec-06, 19:52
how veery Interresting.....
Try this site
http://www.schloss-colditz.com/index.php?langswitch=eng

went there a few years ago they are doing it up again after the opening of the borders inside Germany it was used as a Hopital for many years.

Ricco
31-Dec-06, 10:11
how veery Interresting.....
Try this site
http://www.schloss-colditz.com/index.php?langswitch=eng

went there a few years ago they are doing it up again after the opening of the borders inside Germany it was used as a Hopital for many years.

What a great site, and so cheap for the guided tour as well. Much better value than seeing yourself round some of Windsor Castle for £8-10! :confused

Bobbyian
31-Dec-06, 17:50
And the Guided tour was very well done even in English, at the time I went it was only students but the knew there stuff.