PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone sell henhouses and coops in the Caithness area?

bunnies&chicks
15-Jan-13, 17:28
Hi everyone

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, have tried the farming and crofting but noone could help me
Im going to be moving into the area next month along with my 3 ex-batt hens, however I'm a bit worried about finding a suitable house and run that will provide them with shelter from the wind and rain and protect them from Mr Fox.

Needs to be sturdy but also as I will be in rented accomodtion before I find a permanent home, I need to be able to transport/dismantle it. Is there anybody up there who sells housing? I have heard Allans of Gillock mentioned but there is no info on their website.

Any ideas or recommendations welcome...I dont want to restrict them to a tiny little space as they have been used to having free range of the back garden (some of the integral coop and runs I have seen online have a rubbish amount of space). :(

Many thanks

billmoseley
15-Jan-13, 21:22
try pets at home they have cages up there maybe not for chickens but a bit of alteration and they would do. i let mine roam free during the day and lock them up at night

2little2late
15-Jan-13, 23:47
Have pm'd you.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
16-Jan-13, 04:46
Hey check out vital pets online, we can order from there and get it for you below their marked price, order going of Friday will arrive in Wick on Monday, order every fortnight! Cheers! Hilltop Horse & Country

bunnies&chicks
23-Jan-13, 21:11
thanks for the replies and PM's lots of helpful suggestions and advice :-)

frances
04-Mar-13, 14:04
we got hen houses hand made and felted roof too but no run i think i got photo 0 tryed upload one on here just now £150.00
would be suitable for about 5 or 6 hens or duckhouse brand new wood
we in smerlie lybster caithness text for more info on 07926573823 im deaf and text only
carol