PDA

View Full Version : More Computor Barney Rubble

~~Tides~~
11-Feb-05, 15:38
Another piece of computor nightmare for anyone that is willing to fight over:

I can no longer log into windows when my computor starts (you know the familly log-on bit), when I do this every thing loads up fine but then a blue screen comes up saying something has done something and it will terminate the opperation blah blah blah. So I click the any key and carry on. Five seconds later in comes up again when I click on sometihng. It has done this before but only now and again but now it is every time i start up.

So clicking escape and not logging in, I tried to reinstall windows but low and behold, every time it is installing IT CRASHES !!!!! [mad] [mad] [mad]
I had to physically restrain myself from ripping the bloody thing from the wall and throwing it aroud the room, making myself look like a lunatic.

Please help me.

PS. Windows 98

EDDIE
11-Feb-05, 16:05
Hi tides if you cant get your windows 98 cd to re-install assuming your cd is ok and that you have re installed windows98 before you might have a hardware fault Im useing windows xp and i kept on getting errors and rebooting i tried re-installing xp and it kept on freezing with me and it was a faulty memory card i guess it must have had a bad sector in it the only reason i came to this beacause i had 2 256mb cards i removed 1 of
them and tried reinstallin xp it went ok after that.

P.s you could always take wick_boy advice and buy a new one lol

t
12-Feb-05, 00:02
Here are my suggestions.

1.Install Linux

2.Have you formated the drive through MS DOS ie format c:/u before re installing 98.
That normaly fixes all probs.

Zael
12-Feb-05, 10:25
first things first, please start your computer and note down the error message.

norscot
12-Feb-05, 11:19
There are lots of avenues you can go down that might solve your problem but, if you have all your important data backed up, then the best action in the long run is to do a clean install of Windows.
Boot up your computer while tapping the 'delete' key to get you into the BIOS. Use te arrow keys to navigate to the advanced settings and look for first boot device. Follow the instructions on the right hand siede of the screen to change the first boot device to your CD drive. Exit saving changes, put your Windows 98 CD into the drive and re-boot the computer. All you need do then is follow the on screen prompts and you should have a pristine copy of your OS installed in under an hour.

12-Feb-05, 17:55
* your o/s is shafted
* you need a boot disk to boot cleanly to the dos prompt
* make sure you've got CD drivers loaded
* go to the win98 folder on the CD - type cd d:\win98 [ENTER]
* enter setup /ie /im /is /iv [ENTER]
* watch the screen and enter the appropriate details when prompted
.....your win98 drivers will be reinstalled and you will be able to use Win98 again - if you're lucky..........
If you get SUWIN ewrrors you need to delete the existing *.dat files in the C:\Windows folder
Windows ME is easier to install and recognises most hardware automatically.
Remember to make provision for anti-virus and spyware/malware/adware etc

Good Luck....... :D

Riffman
12-Feb-05, 18:09
Buy new computer = problem solved.

~~Tides~~
12-Feb-05, 21:17
Buy new computer = problem solved.

That would be an opption if I had any money. :(

I think it must be a serious hardware fault or something cos this is the first time ive been able to get on all day (8:20).

~~Tides~~
12-Feb-05, 22:05
first things first, please start your computer and note down the error message.

Right Zeal;

*Blue Screen*
A fatal exception OE has occured at 0028:C02807E8 in VXD VMM(06) + 0000 [some number after this but forgot to write it down]. The current application will be terminated.
* Press any key...
* Press CTRL+ALT+DEL...

:confused :confused :confused BLAHHAAHAHAH!!!!

EDDIE
13-Feb-05, 01:07
When u install windows 98 and it crashes on you are sure its crashed or is it just realy slow in installing because u must remember if you have windows 98 ure computer must be quite old and probably takes ages for it to install and might give u the impression that it has crashed or freezed were as new computers you can reinstall an operating system in less than an hour.
I would probably try it again but i would remove pci cards like the modem card and any other pci cards and then try reinstaling windows 98 again.Modem cards can give u grief espescially with win98

Zael
14-Feb-05, 11:47
right,

I would start by uninstalling any software you have that is not vital (make sure you have disks for reinstall)(zonealarm?)

Also check out your hardware drivers, most likely graphics drivers to make sure they are of the latest version available.

And in the meantime, have a look through the links on this page:

http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/fatal-0e-errors.html

and see if any of the solutions mention something you recognise, either software you are using or drivers for hardware you have.

I'd always recommend trying to get to the bottom of these types of problems otherwise they will just creep back up on you. Reinstalling windows will solve it, but unless you're absolutly stuck or very prepared with backups etc then its a real pain. However, getting into the habit of reinstalling every 6-9 months is a good idea, it gets you into the habit of backing up and making sure your drivers/software are all up to date.