PDA

View Full Version : Charity car wash

QUADBIKER
14-Jan-13, 23:26
a charity car wash has been organised at durrands garage on saturday 09/02/13 from 0900 - 1700. cars will be snow-foamed and dried. all proceeds to a local charity. car wash is being carried out by christopher Durrands (CD) friends in his memory. tea and homebaking shall also be available so please come along and help the boys collect money for charity. thanks in advance

Kodiak
15-Jan-13, 12:59
More Information Please.

1. Where is Durrands Garage as I have never heard of it.

2. What is the Local Charity as you do not say.

upolian
15-Jan-13, 19:05
Roxburgh Road,Wick.

Kodiak
15-Jan-13, 19:12
Still no answer to what the Charity it is for.

QUADBIKER
15-Jan-13, 20:29
if you want to know what the charity is for come along on the day and see for yourself what more can i say at way you could give a little to help the charity you can get a cup o tea and find out what it is all about

Kodiak
15-Jan-13, 21:17
if you want to know what the charity is for come along on the day and see for yourself what more can i say at way you could give a little to help the charity you can get a cup o tea and find out what it is all about

What do you mean, "What more can I say"..........I can tell you what you could have said and that is the name of the Charity you are raising funds for. Why the big secret? Why do you not want anyone to know what the name of the Charity is? You really expect people to go along and support a Charity they know nothing about, not even the name, I don't think so.

So I would suggest the you be a bit more forthcoming and tell us all what the Charity is and if it is indeed a Registered Charity.

Alrock
15-Jan-13, 21:24
What do you mean, "What more can I say"..........I can tell you what you could have said and that is the name of the Charity you are raising funds for. Why the big secret? Why do you not want anyone to know what the name of the Charity is? You really expect people to go along and support a Charity they know nothing about, not even the name, I don't think so.

So I would suggest the you be a bit more forthcoming and tell us all what the Charity is and if it is indeed a Registered Charity.

I'll second that... Tell us the Charity? If it's a genuine fundraiser for a registered charity then there is no reason to keep it a secret.

cptdodger
15-Jan-13, 21:33

I have to say I agree with Kodiak. In this day and age when money is tight, nobody can be expected to support every single charity going, it's just not possible. Personally, I support two - BDMLR (British Divers Marine Life Rescue) and CHAS (Children's Hospice Association Scotland). Now, I could give you chapter and verse about these two charities, or you could google them and the information would be there. I do'nt think Kodiak's questions were unreasonable or difficult to answer.

Corrie 3
15-Jan-13, 21:53
No mention of price either......What are you charging per car? £5...£10...£15.....

I it all sounds a bit dubious to me!!

C3.

QUADBIKER
15-Jan-13, 21:58
come along on the day and you can ask someone from the charity what its all about i could name any charity on here but if you come along you will see for your self who it is for even better you can come and help out washing the cars and get to know the people that are doing this and meet some of the people that this charity has helped in the past i hope we will see you there o and by the way you said you did not know where durrands garage was its not hard to find its on here and in the phone book and its been going for the last 18 years

Kodiak
15-Jan-13, 22:09
I am sorry but if you refuse to name the Charity I will not be driving all the way from Thurso to Wick just to find out. Since you are so reluctant to name the Charity, twice now you have refused to say who or what it is for, I can only assume it is not a Registered Charity and as such it is not something I would support.

cptdodger
15-Jan-13, 22:42
come along on the day and you can ask someone from the charity what its all about i could name any charity on here but if you come along you will see for your self who it is for even better you can come and help out washing the cars and get to know the people that are doing this and meet some of the people that this charity has helped in the past i hope we will see you there o and by the way you said you did not know where durrands garage was its not hard to find its on here and in the phone book and its been going for the last 18 years

This was your opportunity to promote your event and to drum up interest in it, however, your continued refusal to answer simple questions regarding the "charity" seems to have had the reverse effect.

QUADBIKER
15-Jan-13, 23:09
The Charity that we are rasing the funds for is the CEYAC (Caithnees Early Years Autism Centre) Which is South school and Academy School based Right Kodiak now you know will we see you there ? "i dought it very much" or even better take out some of ur time and come and help any thing else u want to no contact the Above who we have raised money for before. i invited you to come along and meet the people but this was not good enough for you

Corrie3
What do you mean this sounds dubious what have you done to try and Raise funds for charity atleast some of us are trying to help others in need there is no set price it is up to each person what they want to give We have young people taking part in this who are giving up there Saturday and some are taking a day of work to help out are any of you prepaird to come along and help ? if so i look forward to you contacting me if there if is any other dought about this lets get it out in the open now say what u mean dont mix words

pretty green eyes
15-Jan-13, 23:12
If I can come I will. My son went to Ceyac fully support them.

QUADBIKER
15-Jan-13, 23:17
If I can come I will. My son went to Ceyac fully support them.
Thank You. we believe it is a good cause as it supports local children.

Corrie 3
15-Jan-13, 23:18
So now we know the price and the charity so no problems. In fact, my motor needs a good clean so will see you there!

C3.

Kodiak
16-Jan-13, 00:52
The Charity that we are rasing the funds for is the CEYAC (Caithnees Early Years Autism Centre) Which is South school and Academy School based Right Kodiak now you know will we see you there ? "i dought it very much" or even better take out some of ur time and come and help any thing else u want to no contact the Above who we have raised money for before. i invited you to come along and meet the people but this was not good enough for you

Now that was easy was it not. I just do not know why you could have not posted that the first time I asked you and not the 3rd or 4th time, I admit I forgot how many I had to ask, it was like trying to get Blood out of a Stone. Sheesh some people have to make a hard job out of everything they do even when there is a simple way of doing something.

I know you invited me to meet the people and you are correct it was NOT good enough. I was not prepared to drive a 44 mile round trip just to find out what you were raising money for and meeting new people was not an incentive either.

If you are raising for a Charity you should write the name of the Charity in the Heading, spread the word all over and keep on telling people what a fantastic Charity it is and all the good it does in the community. Then you might get a quite a few people to come along to get their cars washed. But to do what you did was unforgivable, that is unforgivable for the Charity, CEYAC, for they the ones that will now loose out, not you.

Just in case you think I am blowing wind and I do not know what I am talking about I have spent well over 40 years Fundraising and ten of those years I was employed as a Professional Fundraiser for well known charity. So perhaps the next time you do a car wash write in BIG letters what the Charity is and what they do as this will get the interest of the public at large. It also helps if you can quote the SCO Number.

secrets in symmetry
16-Jan-13, 01:20
a charity car wash has been organised at durrands garage on saturday 09/02/13 from 0900 - 1700. cars will be snow-foamed and dried. all proceeds to a local charity. car wash is being carried out by christopher Durrands (CD) friends in his memory. tea and homebaking shall also be available so please come along and help the boys collect money for charity. thanks in advanceGood luck with the car wash QUADBIKER.

You're doing a grand job advertising the event - everyone's talking about it now. :cool:

QUADBIKER
16-Jan-13, 04:58
kodiak the charity will not loose there has been about 200 more people looked at this thread tonight and ats down to you with a little bit of help from myself thank you and keep it up after all this is caithtess.org now kidiak what i read in your post you seem to be just the man to keep the young boys right that are doing this so why not give them a hand by the way every pound made will go to the charity all the people that are helping will get is a hard days work and loads of thanks at the end of the day and we can put a smile on our face when we see the kids and say well i hope i helped you in some way
Now that was easy was it not. I just do not know why you could have not posted that the first time I asked you and not the 3rd or 4th time, I admit I forgot how many I had to ask, it was like trying to get Blood out of a Stone. Sheesh some people have to make a hard job out of everything they do even when there is a simple way of doing something.

I know you invited me to meet the people and you are correct it was NOT good enough. I was not prepared to drive a 44 mile round trip just to find out what you were raising money for and meeting new people was not an incentive either.

If you are raising for a Charity you should write the name of the Charity in the Heading, spread the word all over and keep on telling people what a fantastic Charity it is and all the good it does in the community. Then you might get a quite a few people to come along to get their cars washed. But to do what you did was unforgivable, that is unforgivable for the Charity, CEYAC, for they the ones that will now loose out, not you.

Just in case you think I am blowing wind and I do not know what I am talking about I have spent well over 40 years Fundraising and ten of those years I was employed as a Professional Fundraiser for well known charity. So perhaps the next time you do a car wash write in BIG letters what the Charity is and what they do as this will get the interest of the public at large. It also helps if you can quote the SCO Number.

DIM1
16-Jan-13, 08:46

What well known charity were you a Professional Fundraiser for? ;)

Hope your fundraiser day is a great success, QUADBIKER.

Miss Dizzy
17-Jan-13, 10:44
Best of luck, hope the weather's kind to you. Yourselves and CD's friends are doing a fantastic job and I for one will do my best to get there :-)

Kasper King
20-Jan-13, 10:54
Do I get a discount for bringing 2 vehicles?
I will be there!:D

Birons
20-Jan-13, 14:12
I just went up to get my van washed and was told I'm about a fortnight too early.:confused

I need to pay attention.

QUADBIKER
29-Jan-13, 04:36
well here i am doing what kodiak told me to do i will try to keep this thread alive

Alli
07-Feb-13, 13:38
Just posting to get this back to the front page as the car wash is this Sat 9th Feb 2013. Best of luck with the fundraising.

QUADBIKER
08-Feb-13, 06:32
thank you you got here before me just to let you all know all who are doing the car wash are on a high so lets help them out and have a big turn out for them and the charity thanks from me and the boys

peedie man
08-Feb-13, 20:09
hopefully see you tomorrow with 2 cars maybe 3.keep up the good work

secrets in symmetry
09-Feb-13, 15:26
Bouncing this to the top again - before they close up.

LMS
09-Feb-13, 20:18
The boys made a great job of my car today - thank you.

peedie man
10-Feb-13, 11:22
they did a great job and the baking was very tasty,,,thanks boys

Phill
22-Feb-13, 21:12
How successful was the wash, how much did you manage to raise?

QUADBIKER
25-Feb-13, 20:05
Thanks to all you folks that gave help and support, a special thank you to you all that took time out to do baking for us. to all who helped out at the carwash to make it such a success. but most of all the biggest thank you to our son cds friends who wanted to do this in honour and memory of their friend. oh boy what a job they made of it. worked hard all day and looked for no thanks and managed to raise the tidy sum of £2000 over the weekend.
hopefully maybe bill himself can manage to give a glimpse into the hard work with some of the photos that he took. thanks in advance bill

poppett
26-Feb-13, 09:45
Congratulations on raising such a magnificent sum. Your hard work paid off. Looking forward to seeing Bill`s photos.