PDA

View Full Version : Wick Academy Development fund

Charity
11-Feb-05, 11:41
It is clear from the report in last week's Groat that this registered charity is having difficulty in providing the leisure facilities they have talked about for the last five years.
This is a charity that has collected nearly £100k of your money so surely it is time everyone with an interest in providing better facilities got involved to find out what progress if any has been made.
Membership is open to anyone over the age of 18 who has an interest in furthering the sporting aims of the community. Get membership by writing to Wick Academy Development Fund per the secretary, Mr Andrew Carter, 16 Thurso Street, Wick, include a sae and ask him to send you an application form and to let you know the date of the next meeting at which your membership will be considered.
When you receive your applicationn form return it well before the date and you should be informed of your success within 7 working days of the meeting.
APPLY NOW.
if you have any problem gaining membership let us know on this website.

Whitewater
11-Feb-05, 15:07
Regarding the Wick AcademyDevelopement fund, see the letter in todays ''Groat'' by Alex Henderson, where he was told in no uncertain terms by the Chairman what they thought of his enquiry.

Seems to me that the attitude of the Academy office bearers leaves a lot to be desired, they can not answer any straight forward questions regarding this fund nor are they prepared to make a public statement though the local press. As a members of the puplic and a paying member of the draw I/we should all be entitled to know the income / expenditure of this "Developement Fund"

I'm afraid the minds of the general puplic will draw their own conclusions should a statement NOT be forthcoming

Venture
12-Feb-05, 12:06
What I can't understand is why are WAFC not listening to what the people want. The public want the chairman and secretary of the club (who are also the chairman and secretary of the development fund) OUT. Fans are boycotting matches because of this and yesterday's letter in the Groat by Alex Henderson would have done nothing for PR at the Club. This letter shows that the Club knew about the letter lottery being changed into the development fund but did not tell the members or the paying public. How did these people get to become ofice-bearers of WADF I don't remember a public meeting about this charity. Fans have been prevented from becoming members at WAFC by the chairman but he can't do anything about WADF as it is a public charity and open to everyone over 18 who is interested in furthering the aims of sport in the community. Join today and make a difference.

jambo
12-Feb-05, 12:43
just tried to get on wick academy unofficial site and seen it has been shut down.is mr carter up to his usual tricks again. :evil :evil :evil

AllanT
12-Feb-05, 12:51
Yes Jambo the forum is down again! :(
Unfortunately Amazing Forums have a policy of deactivating an account if any complaints are made and therefore we need to get a better system set up and steps are in hand to do that so watch this space :D

Venture
12-Feb-05, 13:32
Mr Carter :eek: thinks the way to shut people up and stop them from expressing their concerns about the current investigatioon by the Charities Regulator into the WADF is to have the Unofficial Academy Website shutdown. [mad] [mad] [mad]

That won't stop us only make us more determined. Maybe he'll try to have this one shut down next. Hope the new site is up and running ASAP allan the pressure must be kept up even more now.

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Feb-05, 18:20
Is there any way to overthrow this mob? Mount a coup. Or form a team called Caithness FC and put them into the Highland League. I'm sure there was a Caithness FC many moons ago - what happened to it?

Oh, silly me. I forget. (Where would the matches be played?)

Ho hum.

lagertops
12-Feb-05, 21:43
Why not start from scratch and renaming the team Caithness f.c,get a new committee from Wick and Thurso and get all the county pulling in the same direction.Most people i know from my football circle are sick fed up hearing about the same crap week in week out,most wickers are happy there team are rock bottom in the hope Wacko Wacko will pack it in.The time has come to get him out and move on.Good players young and old are not intrested in the muppet show ,Watten for training and maybe games here we come....

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Feb-05, 01:41
I agree. There ought to be a Caithness FC. It would provide a stronger challenge to Highland League teams. And just like Italy's national team, we should play our games at different venues i.e. Thurso, Dunnet, Watten, as you say. No doubt red tape would force the team to play withing something they call a stadium; however, could you really see 300-400 people causing a health hazard at a game? In Caithness?

It's time to move with the times and create a stronger team the WHOLE of Caithness can get behind. But of course, this will be chiefly ignored/ridiculed/what have you.

scotslad0077
14-Feb-05, 11:48
AllanT - Amazing Forums didn't close down your forum as a result of just a complaint as you claim. They closed you down because that complaint was legitimate, and was deemed by Amazing Forums to be so. I quote them, "This account/message board has been deactivated in violation of our Policy. Also I'm sure that your track record in such matters was also held against you. 1.2..3 !!

Venture
14-Feb-05, 13:37
Talking of track records Mr :eek: the letter by Alex Henderson in the Groat on Friday wouldn't have done much good for yours. Maybe you did us all a favour by having the WAFC Unofficial Website closed down because it now gives us the opportunity to open up a better one. One you can't get closed down. We like the OSCR won't be going away for a long time yet

Charity
14-Feb-05, 14:43
Can anyone print the contents of Mr Henderson's letter on this forum?

The only way to tackle people like Gunn & Carter is to open up their secretive Development Fund in which they hold our money. And the only way to do that is to get membership as per my earlier message.

Apply NOW.

I am sure the charity regulators who are currently investigating this charity would be interested if your membership is denied.

Whitewater
14-Feb-05, 15:32
Unfortunately I have disposed of fridays Groat and therefore unable to scan, but perhaps one of the administrators could oblige as it is generating an intrest.

Please Mr Administrator :( :lol: :lol:

zappster
14-Feb-05, 18:47
If or when...in the future WADF's sole purpose comes true & they get a sports stadium,I take it all the Doubters shall boycott the place because it was the work of the devil & his evil cohorts(aka JG :evil /AC :evil )!! :D
I think there would be a few embarrased faces going about the town! :lol:

2little2late
14-Feb-05, 21:18
Perhaps if the Groat website was updated regularly we would all be able to read the letter.

Venture
14-Feb-05, 21:47
Zappster what makes you so sure that Gunn and Carter will still be part of the set up if and when the project is complete.

AllanT
14-Feb-05, 22:49
The new forum is now operating on the unofficial Wick Academy website. Set up along similar lines to this one.

Can't wait to get my membership of the Development Fund. My application is in.

Venture
14-Feb-05, 23:21
Allan can you give me the web address can't seem to get into it using the old site

moshmosh
14-Feb-05, 23:30
http://wickswimming.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

There ya go.

Venture
14-Feb-05, 23:48
For all the people who have not had a chance to read Alex Henderson's letter which appeared in the Groat on Friday here are the details. In accordance with the rules of this website this version has been edited as it contains a swearword. Thanks to the administrator for advice on doing this.

Sir- In reply to Colin Stewart, vice-chairman of Wick Academy FC, the Academy letter lottery was started to support the Club finances, and out of the blue Mr Gunn, Mr Carter and Mr Gray opened up the Development Fund without asking any of the members. It was never put to the AGM - all paying members of the draw should have had a say.

As a former committee member I often took the matter up at the Board meetings and was told by the Chairman it had "(swearword)" all to do with me. Is this the way to run a Club?

It's time Gunn and Carter were removed so the Club can get back to its old ways and the players get their confidence back.

A. Henderson,
Enzie, Seaforth Avenue, WICK.

Whitewater
15-Feb-05, 12:10
Venture - thanks for that , it may help to let everyboby know what the club officials think of the members.

Sunday
15-Feb-05, 12:38
Can I just suggest something CRAZY here:

(Assuming the teams are made into Caithness F.C) Play the matches at the Harmsworth.

More seats, nice big lights and only a 25 minute drive from Thurso.

25 minutes isnt all that long considering the amount of time it took for Caley fans to get to Aberdeen for the first half of the current football season.
And trying to get from one end of a city (e.g Glasgow Edinburgh etc) to seeyour local team play is easily 25 minutes plus.

Having cup ties (which take up a reasonable amount of the footballing calendar) played in Thurso and/or other venues would be a reasonable compromise.

Yes I know people from Thurso are inevitably going to complain but can we not see sense - would they prefer Wick Academy playing all their matches in Wick or would they prefer having Caithness F.C playing league matches in Wick and other matches elsewhere.

Could even train in Watten as someone has recently said.

Venture
15-Feb-05, 17:23
You aint got a hope of penetrating that big wall around the Harmsworth especially for a team called Caithness FC. The very idea will be giving the big chief palpitations.

Charity
19-Feb-05, 12:38
Well done Malcolm Mackay for the letter in yesterday's Groat urging people to apply for membership of Wick Academy Development Fund so that it's affairs are opened up to the people of Caithness.

Write for membership to Andrew Carter, 16 Thurso Street, Wick, Caithness.

Tubthumper
04-Jul-10, 15:22
Apologies to the Mods for dragging this 2005 thread into the modern day. It seems that concerns raised in 2010 were being kicked around in 2005!:eek:

Niall Fernie
04-Jul-10, 17:46
I'm closing this thread to prevent confusion, feel free to link to it from the current thread.