PDA

View Full Version : half canned

buggyracer
28-Dec-06, 18:29
tonight 9pm 28th dec holborn hotel playing live.

DarkAngel
30-Dec-06, 21:39
I know this was 2 days ago the gig but is that the band from wick..With Roddy as the singer..Think thats his name???

Jeemag_USA
30-Dec-06, 22:35
Half Canned is a very old band aren't they, by old I mean they have been going a while, I think they are from Wick, not sire if its the same band or the same singer I am thinking of but he is maried to my cousin? I might be wrong.

DarkAngel
31-Dec-06, 15:03
Oh right maybe i have the wrong band then, I just know a guy from wick who played in band called half canned..I think roddy (think thats his name) Is in his 40s not too sure tho..:confused

auldchiel
31-Dec-06, 16:57
The duo comprises of Roddy Mackay on guitar and vocals and Barry Reid on guitar and vocals. Roddy is in his 40's and Barry like me will be 50 next year.
They have been playing as Half Canned for around 10 years.

Jeemag_USA
31-Dec-06, 19:13
The duo comprises of Roddy Mackay on guitar and vocals and Barry Reid on guitar and vocals. Roddy is in his 40's and Barry like me will be 50 next year.
They have been playing as Half Canned for around 10 years.

I am on the wrong person, after a conflab with mither, it was James Russell I was thinking of. :D

Camra
01-Jan-07, 21:49
James ( Shorty to his friends ) is back playing bass and singing with Remix

Jeemag_USA
01-Jan-07, 21:54

Thanks for the info ;)

DarkAngel
01-Jan-07, 23:19
Ahh...I thought it was Roddy Mackay..Thanks for the Info there auldchiel.:)

Chobbersjnr
02-Jan-07, 16:03
that'll be Roddy Mackay aka Bod

I've got an old reel of tape that was recorded by Gleber2 in about 1983-84 & has RM (Bod), Spike Tate, Keith Matheson?? & possibly somebody else involved. Can't for the life of me remember the song title.............Weekend Girl??............nope it's not to clear, might be Weekend Girl

I do remember Keith having a lot of drums & Spike had an SG bass that I beleive is back in our collection

The Pepsi Challenge
02-Jan-07, 20:24

Remix? What century are we living in, here?

auldchiel
03-Jan-07, 20:40
I am on the wrong person, after a conflab with mither, it was James Russell I was thinking of. :grin:

You are probably getting confused as James Russell is Barry Reid's brother in law and they played together in Candy before the band split up and Barry and Roddy went on to form Half Canned after a short spell with Kate Bain whilst James started a band called Midnight Blue with Jim Sutherland on drums and Douglas Cowie on guitar.

Deemac
04-Jan-07, 00:28
Has anyone thought of doing a family tree sort of thing!!

Caithness bands from prehistoric days to present.

Just think how many branches there would be just featuring the afore mentioned Mr. Russell alone!!

Is there a band he hasn't played in? (Sorry James - forgive me, I'm still on holiday).:roll:

I am on the wrong person, after a conflab with mither, it was James Russell I was thinking of. :grin:

You are probably getting confused as James Russell is Barry Reid's brother in law and they played together in Candy before the band split up and Barry and Roddy went on to form Half Canned after a short spell with Kate Bain whilst James started a band called Midnight Blue with Jim Sutherland on drums and Douglas Cowie on guitar.