PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Phones?

Pooty17
11-Jan-13, 17:01
Does anyone know anyone here that can unlock an iPhone? Help is appreciated! Cheers.:)

Rheghead
11-Jan-13, 17:12
I don't know the answer but what are the advantages?

joxville
11-Jan-13, 18:18
Unlocking a phone simply allows the user to choose any network, rather than be locked into only one telecoms supplier. I believe that the standard procedure with Vodaphone is they automatically unlock your phone at the end of your contract, this saves them the need to answer calls asking for the PUK code, which you input to unlock the phone. I think Vodaphone found that when people called asking for the code only a small percentage were able to be convinced to stay with them rather than go to another company; so instead of having customer reps tied up on fruitlessl jobs, they are better utilised handling other queries.

Rheghead
11-Jan-13, 18:23
OK, thanks jox, I thought it was just a matter of putting in a phone card and off you went since it is your phone.

feda16
11-Jan-13, 21:32
some networks providers do it for free, have you tried the current network provider?

secrets in symmetry
12-Jan-13, 00:24
I don't know the answer but what are the advantages?An unlocked phone can be a huge advantage when you're abroad. Buying a local sim card and sticking it in your unlocked phone usually gives you much cheaper phone calls and much, much cheaper internet - especially outside Europe.

Rheghead
12-Jan-13, 00:53
An unlocked phone can be a huge advantage when you're abroad. Buying a local sim card and sticking it in your unlocked phone usually gives you much cheaper phone calls and much, much cheaper internet - especially outside Europe.

Thanks, just realised that I have a Samsung S3 instead, would I need to get that unlocked if I go abroad?

secrets in symmetry
12-Jan-13, 01:16
Thanks, just realised that I have a Samsung S3 instead, would I need to get that unlocked if I go abroad?Dunno - sorry.

nightspirit
12-Jan-13, 23:17
Thanks, just realised that I have a Samsung S3 instead, would I need to get that unlocked if I go abroad?

not usally unless you plan to use a local sim in it - you just require roaming to be activated but beware it is exceptionally expensive costs to reciev and send calls,voice and data is really expensive.

MerlinScot
31-Jan-13, 12:13
Just ask your provider. I had mine unlocked by O2 two weeks ago. I didn't pay anything.

PitFall
28-Mar-13, 06:38
Does anyone know anyone here that can unlock an iPhone? Help is appreciated! Cheers.:)
You can unlock your iPhone using Remote Unlock Service . It is the safe and easy method to unlock iPhone.
To get remote unlock service visit Onlinegsmunlock.com (http://www.onlinegsmunlock.com/apple/rs16wp8/) . There you have to give your Country and current network name along with your IMEI number to get Remote Unlock Service.

I don't know the answer but what are the advantages?
Unlocking an iPhone has many advantages.Some are:
a) Switch to any other network : Once you unlock your phone you can switch to any other network and use the same phone.
b) Cut roaming costs : With an unlocked phone, you can go to any country/state and save money by using a local network rather than paying high roaming costs to your home network.
c) Higher resale value : Unlocked mobile phones generally have a higher resale value than a locked phone.